Status: Formerly 'The Path of Self Destruction.' Sorry, I changed the name again ;p

Even the Sun Sets in Paradise

'I Think The Baby's Coming'

It was February 16th when my water broke – fifteen days before my due date. It was the early hours of the morning. I had hardly slept because I’d been getting Braxton hicks contractions all night, but now it appeared to be the real thing.
“Julie!” I yelled as I tried to stand up. My heart was pounding and I was suddenly full of nerves. The thought of this day had scared me right from when I found out I was pregnant, but this was terrifying. Taking a few deep breaths, I tried to calm myself down, knowing it was best for both me and the baby. I shouted a few more times before I heard footsteps on the stairs and the door flung open.
“I think the baby’s coming,” I told Julie as Dave appeared in the doorway behind her.
“Oh my god,” Julie cried, excitement, nerves and a whole bunch of other emotions all showing at once. Julie rushed to my side as she ordered for Dave to ring the midwife and to wake up Ellis. Ellis then called Layton who agreed to meet us at the hospital as quickly as he could. A smile came to my face as I thought of how grumpy Layton usually was early in the morning. God knows what he would be like at 2a.m. As Julie helped me into the car and encouraged me to stay calm, Ellis grabbed my maternity notes and a few other essentials.

Layton arrived at the hospital soon after we did. Times like that I was grateful Julie and Dave had a lot of money, because it meant I could have a private room. I felt a lot more comfortable being in there. Julie, Dave and Ellis waited outside while Layton stayed with me. Of course I knew giving birth would be painful, but nothing could have prepared me for that agony. I was given gas and air, but that didn’t do much to relieve the pain. Layton stayed by my side the entire time and he actually did help. I could tell he looked more nervous than I felt but he did everything he could, trying to keep calm for my sake, despite the fact I was close to breaking his hand. After five long and painful hours, the baby was finally born. She was over two weeks early but thankfully she was healthy and weighed 6.4lbs. The midwife and nurses checked her over quickly and cleaned her up before she was wrapped in a towel and placed in my arms.
“Congratulations,” the midwife smiled warmly. I felt tears well in my eyes as I looked down at the most beautiful child I had ever seen. Her eyes were brown and fine dark hair was starting to grow on her head. Every so often she would clench and unclench her tiny hands. She was so small and so fragile and she was mine. She was my child that I had to take care of, and I vowed I would do everything in my power to ensure she had an amazing life.
“Brooklyn,” I said softly as Layton wrapped his arms round me. He was tearing up himself.
“I like that,” he agreed, planting a kiss on my forehead.
“Brooklyn Ellen Sullivan-Murray.”
“It’s perfect,” Layton smiled, “Just like both of you.” I blushed, shifting the baby in my arms and handing her to Layton.
“Thank you so much Jenna,” Layton cried as he pulled me into another hug, “Well done, I am so proud of you. Oh my god, I love you so much, you’re amazing.”
“I love you too,” I smirked, feeling my eyes become heavy with exhaustion. I resisted the urge to go to sleep because I couldn’t bear to take my eyes of the baby for a second. She was so beautiful and small.

I soon gave in to my exhaustion and fell asleep but woke at about ten o clock in the morning. Julie came in soon after I had woken up, telling me that Layton, Ellis and Dave were with Brooklyn.
“Mel’s on her way over too,” she smiled, sitting down next to me, “She’s so excited to meet Brooklyn.” I squealed in excitement because I knew Mel would be thrilled and would love the baby almost as much as I did.
“How are you feeling?” Julie asked taking my hand in hers.
“Tired and I ache a lot, but I’m so happy. Thank you so much for everything Auntie Julie.” Julie smiled warmly and leaned forward, planting a kiss on my forehead.
“You don’t have to thank me honey, that’s what family is for. You’ve done so well Jenna; I don’t think you realise what an amazing person you are. No matter what anyone says to you, I know you’re going to be the best mum there ever was. I’m so proud of you.” I smiled, mentally feeling as though a weight had been lifted, because a new era of my life was starting now. I was responsible for something so much more than just myself. Strangely, that didn’t scare me nearly as much as I thought it would; it was a strangely comforting thought. For the first time, I felt like I had a purpose and a reason to go on existing. I had a reason to stay strong because I now had a little girl that depended on me. I would not let her down. I would be the complete opposite to my parents. I would do everything that they didn’t and I would never settle for anything less than the best for my beautiful daughter.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yayayayayay :D

You lovelies got me to 50 subscribers. Thank you so much <3 It means the world.