Status: Formerly 'The Path of Self Destruction.' Sorry, I changed the name again ;p

Even the Sun Sets in Paradise

Epilogue

Five years have passed since the day George died but it feels like an eternity. The day he died, I was finally able to move on to a new chapter in my life. For the first time, I could sleep through the night without having nightmares. For the first time, I could be left alone without having to constantly check over my shoulder. For the first time, I could get on with my life without the past holding me back. I no longer live my life in fear. Without a doubt, that was one of the scariest days of my life, but I am grateful, because it finally gave me the closure I needed. I can rest knowing that my baby is safe, and so am I. I’m not going to lie; I still have flashbacks and nightmares occasionally. I still have days where I struggle to cope, when the memories and the thoughts take over and I’m left helpless and broken on the ground, but it’s different than before. This time there is a light. That light is my daughter. Brooklyn is now the most beautiful five year old I have ever laid eyes on. She has blondish-brown hair that is constantly piled on top of her head in a scruffy bun. She takes after her father in terms of fashion sense. She lives in faded denim shirts, colourful bandanas and aviator sunglasses which is adorable, but nowhere near as adorable as her personality. She inherited my sense of curiosity and her father’s sense of mischief. I can’t remember the amount of times I’ve had phone calls from her teacher informing me of her being cheeky, the most memorable being the time a boy tried to snatch her bandana so she kicked him where it hurts. I spent an hour explaining to her why that sort of behaviour is not appropriate nor sensible, only for Layton to come in and give her a high five for being ‘the sassiest five year old on the planet.’
Layton and I did eventually get together. I think George’s death woke him up a bit and he came to his senses, finally getting help for his drug problem. Less than a year later, he was completely sober from both drugs and alcohol, and the two of us had moved into a flat together. My wonderful cousin is now engaged to Amber and believe me, no one is more excited about that than I am. Cyrus, who for a long time I believed was incapable of being with a girl for anything longer than a month, has now fallen in love with my best friend. There are few things more rewarding than seeing two truly good people making each other so happy. After Dark are now huge and I couldn’t be more proud. It means they have to go on tour and work away a lot, but I don’t mind. Brooke loves it during the holidays, when I’ve got time off from my job as a school teacher, so we can drive or fly out to wherever the guys are and spend some time with them. Her and Cyrus love playing pranks on the other guys on the tour bus. My favourite prank of theirs though has to be on the day Layton and I got married, where she pretended she lost the wedding rings. I tried so hard to be angry with her for that but the smirk on her face was so priceless I couldn’t help but laugh.
My life has been anything but ordinary. I have seen more in my twenty one years than most people see in their entire lives, many of which I wish I could forget. What I’ve learned though is that for every bad thing that has happened to me, there are a hundred good things. I may have spent nine years suffering at the hands of one truly terrible person, but I will now spend many more years surrounded by people that never fail to put a smile on my face. I don’t for one second regret anything that has happened, because without it, I don’t think I would have the amazing life I do today.
♠ ♠ ♠
DONE :) Ahhh, I don't know what to do with my life now. So what did you guys think?

Who's your favourite character and why?
Do you find any characters particularly interesting or intriguing?
Who's your favourite chapter and why?
What's your favourite and least favourite thing about the story?

I'd appreciate lots of feedback. Thank you to all you lovely readers, subscribers, commenters, etc. I love you all <3

Ella xx