Status: Formerly 'The Path of Self Destruction.' Sorry, I changed the name again ;p

Even the Sun Sets in Paradise

'I'll Never Let Anyone Hurt You'

Another week passed and I was sitting on the sofa in my pyjamas watching crappy Saturday morning television with Ellis.
“I really worry about you,” Ellis said quietly, reaching for my hand.
“Why?” I asked, suddenly panicking.
“You’re dealing with everything so well. You never open up to anyone,” he explained.
“I’m fine; it’s in the past isn’t it?” I muttered.
“I know,” he sighed, “But this kinda thing stays with you forever. I know you better than you think Jenna.”
“Oh really?” I laughed.
“Yep,” he smiled knowingly.
“Tell me then,” I instructed, grinning cheekily.
“You seriously want me to tell you?” he asked, laughing.
“Uh-huh,” I nodded.
“Okay,” he said calmly, “I know that you’re still beating yourself up about getting drunk the other night, even though it was not at all your fault. I know that even the tiniest thing brings back the worst memories. I know that you’re ashamed about what happened and scared to death that people will find out. I know that you keep trying to put it to the back of your mind but deep down, you’re terrified that it will never go away.” I felt tears form in my eyes and I tried to force them back.
“Am I right?” Ellis asked, gripping my hand. I opened my mouth to speak but no words came out. Instead I just nodded as Ellis pulled me into his lap and wrapped his arms round me.
“It’s going to be okay, you know?” he promised, “You’ve got people who care about you now. I’ll never let anyone hurt you anymore.”
“But George is clever. He won’t rest till he’s got me.”
“He’s in prison and he has no idea where you are. You’re safe.”
“I’m not though, he’ll never forgive me for this, and he’ll find me somehow.”
“Please just trust me on this one Jenna. You’ve got me and the guys, you think I’m bad but you should see Cyrus when he’s pissed off. And Rowan, yeah Rowan looks all innocent but don’t let the puppy eyes fool you, he’s like a fucking ninja,” Ellis joked and I laughed. He always cheered me up and made me feel like everything was okay again.
“Alright, what are you freaks up to today then?” Auntie Julie asked, wandering into the living room and opening the curtains. She turned to look at us and noticed my tear stained cheeks, her face suddenly falling.
“Sorry, was I interrupting something?” she panicked.
“No, it’s fine,” I laughed, dismissing the thought with a wave of my hand.
“You sure?” I nodded.
“I’m going to the beach with the guys, probably do some surfing,” Ellis told her.
“Okay, how about you Jenna?”
“Erm…nothing much, just staying here, might get some homework done,” I muttered.
“Well why don’t you come with us?” Ellis suggested.
“Me? Surfing?” I choked, cracking a smile.
“We can teach you. Correction – I’ll teach you, don’t think I trust the guys round you,” he chuckled, only half-jokingly.
“I don’t blame you,” I muttered, trying not to laugh.
“So you’re coming then?”
“Maybe.”

Two hours later, we were at the beach. Ellis had eventually persuaded me to come, although I was adamant I wouldn’t be doing any surfing. Despite the fact I was nervous about sitting on the beach by myself, I had told the guys it was fine because I didn’t want to stop them having a good time. To my relief though, they were insistent on taking it in turns to sit with me. I wondered if Ellis had told the guys about everything that had happened. I couldn’t imagine he would have told them though, since Auntie Julie was desperate not to let anyone find out.
“Hey, you don’t have to answer this if it’s too personal or something, but I just keep thinking…why don’t you live with your parents?” Rowan asked nervously once all the guys had gone.
“Um…it’s kinda complicated,” I stammered, wondering how to talk myself out of it again. He noticed the look of panic on my face and quickly said, “Sorry, don’t worry, I’m just being nosy, I shouldn’t have asked that.”
“No it’s fine,” I smiled, “It’s not that I don’t want to tell you, I guess maybe I do wish there was someone I could talk to about it. It’s just…I can’t risk everyone finding out.”
“I understand. You just let me know if you need anything or ever want to talk. I’m worried about you,” he sighed, gripping my hand.
“Why does everyone keep saying that?” I moaned.
“I don’t know, I guess you just seem so sad all the time, and everyone just wants to look after you.”
I nodded, smiling as I rested my head on his shoulder.
“Oi, you not coming in?” Cyrus called, running up the beach towards us. I quickly shook my head.
“No, I don’t like the water,” I told him.
“Tough luck,” he laughed, picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder, jogging back into the ocean.
“Oh my God, don’t you dare!” I screamed, pounding my fists against his back. I was terrified of the sea but it was difficult to get him to take me seriously when I couldn’t stop laughing.
“Put me down!” I cried.
“Okay then,” he chuckled, placing me down in the thigh deep water. It was so cold and I was still wearing my shorts and t-shirt.
“You are unbelievable!” I giggled as he took my hand and dragged me deeper into where Ellis and Layton were standing. They both turned around, and Ellis started laughing, probably shocked as to how Cyrus had somehow got me into the water. I shivered, the cold water tickling my stomach.
“Cold?” Cyrus said jokingly.
“I hate you,” I sighed, trying to frown but still laughing uncontrollably.
“Whatever gorgeous,” he laughed. Layton glared at us, his face instantly turning in to a scowl. Without a word, he stormed out of the sea, throwing his surfboard down on the beach, kicking the picnic lunch we had brought with us.
“What the actual fuck?” Cyrus frowned, cracking up laughing.
“What’s his problem?” Rowan asked, running to join us, his surfboard tucked neatly under his arm.
“I have no idea,” muttered Ellis. My for once cheerful mood was instantly gone, and I was left wondering what I had done wrong this time. I really didn’t understand what his problem was. I obviously did say something at the party that must have upset him, but he now knew perfectly well that my drink was spiked and I was completely out of it. Surely he couldn’t hold a grudge for that long anyway. I wasn’t sure how this was ever going to work if Layton couldn’t even bare to be within a few metres of me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I haven't updated in a while, sorry guys :\

Not sure if I'll be able to update weekly because of school and stuff :( But I promise to try, and I won't leave you hanging for too long.

Please leave comments, they motivate me to write more. Tell me what you think :D

Ella xxxx