Odd Ones Out

Mia

"You're going to love it here, Ms. Jennings," Reassured the gray haired man, wearing a black suit with a red tie. By now, I had already forgotten his name; but I knew he was the principal, or head teacher if that's what they called them here in the United Kingdom. I followed close behind him with my white and red polkadot backpack strapped to my shoulder, as he lead me throughout the large school, escorting me to my first class. After a flight of stairs, almost losing my breathe and tripping over my own feet we finally reached a room with the numbers 317 on it. I watched as the elder man place three firm knocks on the wooden door, and then a younger women with a black pencil skirt and striped collar shirt answer. She looked exceptional young to be a high school teacher with her shoulder length brunette hair, she looked maybe about 22.

"Bonjour," The lady smiled with her pearly whites as she opened the door wider to let us in. Everything felt as if it was in slow motion as I stopped foot into the room. I could hear my heartbeating out of my chest while all my new peers stared me up and down, whispering things in each others ears probably ridiculing me.

"Everyone," The headmaster tried to say, but with all the conversations going on no one paid him any attention, "Students!" The chattering eventually died down after being shouted at.

"This is our new student," The French teacher announced, stepping away from her desk. "Um," She mubbled, looking at me in confusion.

"Mia. My name is Mia Jennings," I informed her, giving a little wave to my classmates.

"Mama Mia, oui oui," A student yelled from the back of the class, causing everyone to laugh. I looked up to see a blonde haired boy, hi-fiving his friends and licking his lips as he eyed me.

"Richard, my office now!" The principal roared after his conversation with my new first period teacher.

I watched as Richard scooted out his desk, grabbing his bag. As he walked down the isle of seats, his eyes were glued to my body, biting down on his bottom lip. Though he wasn't my type, there was something about him that made me shake in my knees.

"I'll be seeing you later," He whispered quickly in my ear before the elderly man grabbed him by his ear and dragged him out the classroom.

"Sorry about that, Ms. Jennings," The teacher added as everyone watched the troublemaker be removed from the room. "Here, you can seat over there," She pointed to a seat that was closes to the windows in the corner.

I tucked a piece a piece of my brown hair behind my hair, and gave her a small smile, "Uh...thanks, Mrs.-"

"Miss. Newberry," She replied, matching my grin and then walking to her desk the same time I walked to mine.

After taking my seat, I watched as all my other peers pull out their notebooks and to my advantage, Aunt Jenna remembered to pack some of my own as well. So I pulled mine out and began learning the latest French lesson.



So far my day has been horrid, at least three guys tried to hit on me not counting the blonde from French class—and, it's only been 3 classes. I was also being interrogated by a bunch of girls, wanting to know all about America—the food, boys, schooling, everything and it was getting quite annoying. Anyways, it was now lunch and I currently found myself wondering outside in the courtyard, trying to find somewhere to sit; but, with all the kids at this school it would be impossible to find somewhere to get any alone time.

"Aye!" I heard a faint voice call. I looked around to see a group of kids sitting in the grass area under a tree, waving over at me. "American girl!" One yelled, making the others laugh. I rolled my eyes at his comment, but walked over to them anyway.

"Um," I hesitated a bit as all fourteen eyes looked up at me. There was four boys, and three girls—there looked to be two couples, with the other two boys leaning against the tree while the final girl sat in the middle of the two sets of lovebirds. "Hello?"

"You're in my French class right?" One girl asked with sunglasses on, sitting inbetween one of the boys legs; leaning against his chest. I didn't know the answer, so I just nodded. "Frais," She said, meaning cool in French. She lifted up from the boys chest and looked around at her friends.

"Anyways, I'm Stella and this is Harry," She smirked, looking back at the boy behind her wearing a Rolling Stones t-shirt and tight pants.

"I'm Pippa," The girl that sat on the side of them said, straightening her back and shaking my hand. She pointed at the two kids behind her on the tree, "And, those two idiots are Niall and Louis." The boy, who I'm taking was Niall, tossed the apple he was eating at Pippa's head which caused her to rise up and chase him around the school yard. Louis gave me a small wave and looked at the final boy, as he began to speak.

"I'm Liam," He said with his arm wrapped around a girl, "And, this is my girlfriend, Alice." It was obvious that they were that couple that everyone hated, and their friends found them extremely annoying; but, I found them to be adorable and I've only known them for ten seconds.

Stella then stood up and flattened out her black mullet skirt. "And," She paused as she pointed out into the distance which caused me to turn around, "That's Zayn."

And, that's when I saw him...
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter of Odd Ones Out.
Woot, Woot!
Please recommend, subscribe, and comment. Also, read the characters page to learn more about the characters!