Status: Contains violence and strong language

Darkness Depths

Darnkess Lurks

The rest followed their lead, speeding toward the stone walkways. As Juliet slid, she looked up to the high point of the black sphere they were in and saw an object enter, plummeting to the halfway point between the team and the castle.
“What the hell was that?!” Exclaimed Juliet upon reaching the ground.
“You don’t think it’s one of those…things, do you?” Clairette hoped, readying her weapon.
“I’m going to go find out.”
“Juliet, no! Goddammit…” Jess sighed, sprinting after her.
“This girl is going to get us killed!” Anthony protested, venom in his voice.
“Better her than you.” Abioye insulted as he ran off with Jess.
Juliet sprinted through the dark streets with her guns at the ready. She glared at the smoke rising from the crater as her legs carried her closer and closer. Determination showed on her face as her vision narrowed to her objective. She was carried by a feeling, a small, almost irrelevant sensation.
The adventurer reached the crater and stopped at the edge, pointing her weapons into it. Her fingers danced on the triggers, ready to click and kill whatever danger was waiting.
Abruptly, a wide metal arm reached out of the smoke, slamming the ground to the side of Juliet. She was caught off-guard, and fell into the hollow. Once she stopped, she looked up, eyes stinging from the smog. Until a battered torso moved over her, trying to shield her from the smoke. Juliet pushed herself back, frantically climbing out of the crater. She moved back, guns again pointed at whatever she just saw.
The being sluggishly skulked out from the smoking hole, movements jerky and malfunctioned. Juliet slowly lowered her guns, realizing what she’s witnessing.
“Lugnut.” She spoke in incredulity.
“I…To…told you, you…I’d bE ba…back.” Lugnut reminded, revealing himself finally.
“Oh my God.” Juliet ran back to him, and used all her strength to pull him out. Abioye and Jess joined in, tugging away at the downed robot.
“Be…gentle. Gentle. GenTLe. I bruise…bruise…bruise easily.” Lugnut jokingly complained.
“God he’s damaged severely.” Jess perceived. “Someone get clear out one of those buildings! We don’t want to fix him out in the open.”
Lugnut was in fact badly damaged. His right arm impaled him through the lower torso, and his legs were mangled and bent. Wires exited holes in his armor and one of his eyes dangled from its socket. His one good arm was battered severely, stuck in the middle of transformation. He was dragged into a decaying building, and Jess removed her back pack, revealing her tools for the job ahead.
“We’re going ahead. We’ll meet up when you’re all done.” Ms. Wilson dictated, as her squad and Clairette’s squad moved onward.
Juliet, Abioye, Jess, and three other soldiers stayed behind as Jess mended the broken robot.
“I need help taking out the arm. Abioye, pull it out with the least damage possible.” Jess instructed.
“Got it.” Abioye wrapped his metallic fingers around the arm’s shoulder, and yanked it free, causing little more damage than was already done.
“Now set it next to his socket. We’re going to fix this blasted robot up right.”
“Dammit Lugnut, how did you survive?!” Juliet was in shock, overwhelmed in her robot’s survival.
“I made…a prom…promise to YOU…” Lugnut replied as Jess toiled away.
“Stop being sappy, asshole.” Juliet smiled.
“Okay…okay…I am a robotic being…I can take…can take…a beating.”
“That he can. My goodness that monster roughed him up. I need more metal to patch him up.” Jess looked at one of the soldiers and eyed their canister.
“Uh, ma’am?” The soldier was weary, afraid of what Jess was thinking.
“That canister. Give it here.” The soldier complied and gave Jess the metal canister.
“Now this should hold for now. I want you to radio for someone to bring that suit Abioye exited the submarine with.”
“Understood. This is Corporal Rogers, over. One of the main team is requesting transport of a vehicle. I repeat, we are in need of the mechanical suit. You’re en route? Perfect. We’ll have someone wave you down.”
Minutes passed as Jess broke down the canister and used the metal for spare coverage. Finally, the mechanical suit arrived, allowing Jess to make proper repairs. Abioye tore apart the suit as the soldier inside returned back to camp outside of the submarine.
The lone soldier carried on, strolling through the ruins alone. Rocks and rubble tumbled to the ground, alerting the soldier, making him raise his weapon. He spun around slowly, looking to see any suspicious activity. He resigned his actions and continued back to camp. The soldier took out a harpoon from his canister as he reached the face of the rock wall and fired it to the top. The trooper began climbing up, reeling the rope in so he could move faster.
He reached the top of the wall-like structure and spotted the camp. Steadily, he prepared to climb back down. As he dug an anchor into the ground, he heard another noise. An odd clicking sound caught his attention, hearing it through his standard issue gas helmet.
“Hello?” The soldier called out, with his gun cocked.
“What?!” Another soldier at camp heard and replied.
“Not you, you idiot! I thought I heard something!”
“What are you doing calling me an idiot? Shut up and get down here already! We’re about to play cards!”
“Alright, alright! Calm yourself, I’ll be right down!”
The soldier tied a rope around his waist, and looked to the left, at a tall spiked rock. He shrugged, and readied to scale back down the rock face, but he heard the noise again. He untied himself in a hurry and pointed his gun at the rock.
“If this is the guys down there, I swear I’ll tie their bollocks to a stone…” The soldier muttered as he strafed to the rocks.
The soldier took cover on the rock, and then turned, gun ready to fire.
“Oh very funny! You all need to…” The soldier’s head was sliced right off, rolling down the rock formation. The body followed, as eyes opened in the darkness behind the deceased trooper.
“What the hell? Worthington? Aw fuck what happened? Worthington!” One of the soldiers at the camp called out.
“He’s probably playing a joke! Come, let’s start without him.” The other soldier suggested as he shuffled the deck.
“I don’t know…I have a bad feeling. Wait, is that his body?!”
Before he could confirm what he saw, a demonic creature leaped from the shadows , digging its black claws into the soldier’s back.
“What the hell?!” The other jumped, loading his gun.
Another demonic monster lunged out, claws entering the other soldier’s neck. The monsters let loose, ripping the soldier’s to shreds. There was no struggle, not even any screams. The spiked, scaled beasts clawed and bit away, ending the lives of the soldiers. More and more of the monsters poured from the rocks, their eyes comprised of either simply blood red pupils or devoid of pupils completely, being entirely red.
“Cnbb. Cnbb. Rlbb ej Lmghr.” The creatures chanted repeatedly as they scouted around.
The monsters were tall, yet agile. Their faces looked similar to skulls, yet had a bestial quality to them. They had spikes all over, but not uniform at all. They were mangled, and serrated. Sharp, long teeth lined their mouths. Each tooth was either the color of ash or the color of blood. Their tongues were long, and their saliva acidic green. Every time they spoke, it seemed an echo accompanied every word. Horns dotted their faces, each monster carrying their own unique amount.
“Cnbb. Cnbb. Rlbb ej Lmghr.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright let me tell you kind readers that whenever there's a "jumble" of letters, they're supposed to be in italics, and don't worry, they mean something!