Status: Contains violence and strong language

Darkness Depths

Epilogue

Epilogue:

“We shall watch as the flying cities fall, for they know too much. The orb has been transported to the realm of the humans, destined to be discovered by a wayward traveler. We’ll use the power, implant the nightmares, teach them how to use it. Then they can unleash the legions of hell upon the Earth. They can bring the devastation on their own accord. They will be my pawn. But first, we must send the flying cities falling. Bring these kingdoms of man tumbling down to their doom. My armies, we are entering a new age. We are entering the Age of Hell. And there’s no stopping us. Hell on Earth.” Lilith, formerly the jovial, pure-hearted Juliet, explained to her legion of demons.
The demons cherished every word their new leader preached as she sat comfortably on her new throne. Golems towered in the throne room as the Hell Serpents rested on the edges, most of their elongated bodies dangling into the deep pit behind the throne.
“Present the body to me.” Lilith commanded, looking at her claw-covered fingers.
The demons carried the body of a raven-haired woman, recently deceased. They set the body gently in front of Lilith, as she stood up from her throne.
“Gnil. Rise, Morgana of Hell.” Lilith pressed her finger gently to the body’s forehead, magic coursing through the veins. The body was brought back to life, the hole in the chest sealing up completely. Small horns sprouted from opposite sides of her forehead, with Lilith’s fingers in the middle.
The newly revived being lifted off the ground, humanly possessions burning to ash. The black hair turned blood red, as the skin turned a bluish-grey. Armor formed on her torso, with a spine-cover sprouting from the back. One leg transformed into a metallic prosthetic, while the other turned into hooved foreleg. A half dress wrapped around her waist, a chain holding the two sides at the pelvic region. The lady-demon’s armor covered the rest of the front that the dress failed to cover.
Her gauntlets morphed into a long glove, beginning at the finger tips and ending at the top of the elbow. The sides of the gloves layered, the hard shell continuously spiking until the end. The demon looked to her queen with black and blue eyes and smiled, her lips a mesmerizing blue. Wings spread on her back, signaling the completion of the resurrection.
“It’s good to have you back, Miss Drew.” Lilith smiled, her finger softly sliding across the demon’s smooth face.
“Please, call me Morgana.” The demon insisted, bowing to her queen.
“Morgana it is. Please, take a seat next to me. I want you as my most trusted advisor.”
“As you wish.”
The legions of demons roared in praise, looking upon Lilith’s new second. During the roar of happiness, two smoke creatures appeared before Lilith and Morgana.
“Our Queen,” They bowed in unison, “..Shall we commence the attacks on the flying cities?”
“Why…Yes. We shall. I’ll oversee the destruction of the Golden City. Morgana, I want you to lead the strike against Liberty. The Golems shall lead the assaults against Sanctuary and Freedom. I have one command, and one command alone. Leave no survivors. If you do not heed my words, then I personally will make you regret failing me.” Lilith directed, harshly.
“As you wish, my Queen.” The legion said in satanic harmony.
“Rlbb ej Lmghr. Hell on Earth.”

. . .

The cities burned in the skies, an apocalyptic sight to behold. Fires brightened as screams echoed around. Demons tore apart at any sight of movement, throwing slain bodies onto gigantic piles of carcasses.
Lilith rode on a chariot of bones, impaling survivors with her elegantly demonic trident. Blood flooded the streets as steam vehicles crashed into buildings. Eruptions of flames killed more and more, as the Legion of Hell brought Armageddon to the flying cities.
Morgana ripped innocents with her bare hands, evading any attempt at putting her down. Her ferocity grew with every flame, as Liberty fell to the oceans below. Men, women, and children alike were slaughtered at the whim of the Queen of Hell, their blood covering the falling cities.
To the surface dwellers that managed to glimpse at the burning cities, they looked like meteors. Plummeting to the waters, consumed by hellfire. Soon, there were no flying cites. Hell brought the advanced civilizations to extinction, sentencing them to an eternity of myths and mere legends.
No survivors remained, as the cities sunk to the depths of the oceans across the Earth. Sinking lower and lower into the darkness, forever removed from the rest of the meager humanity. The armies of Hell returned to Atlantis, waiting for their next chance to strike. They waited patiently, and spread their influence over the years. Their ranks grew, as the Queen of Hell created demons designed only for death and destruction.

. . .

Years have gone by, as the Queen of Hell and her companion patiently waited.
“My Queen! My Queen!” A demon scurried into the throne room, frantic and excited.
“What is it?” Lilith asked, disinterested.
“Someone has found the orb! The orb has been found in the human country of Egypt!”
“Really?”
“Yes, my Queen!”
“Then the time is upon us. After almost a century and a half of waiting, the time is near. Are you ready, Morgana?”
“Of course. I’m thirsting for my next kill.” Morgana sneered.
“In due time, my dearest. In due time.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I also realized how simple this story is, and I feel embarrassed but here it is, completed!