Status: slow updates

Maybe I Could Love You Again

Chapter 5; I'm Not Yours To Have

A week ago, I could of been dead. I think I almost was. Never in my life did I think he'd actually try to kill me, if that was his intention. While I've been stuck in the hell you call a hospital, we've been having our band meetings here. I've not had many visitors, just mainly my brothers and Jaime. But anyway, our tour was all booked, starting in exactly 2 months, although I really do wish it would start sooner so I could get away.

"I'm going to get you some action on tour." smirked my best friend.

"I'll be doing no such thing Hime." I smiled.

"Oh come on, what better way to get reven--"

"I want to actually live my life thank you very much." He held his hands up in defeat. One of the doctors who was taking care of me came in. They told me I had made quite a fast recovery and I could leave tomorrow. Did I want to leave though? Yes and no. I had a constant police guard while I was in here. I doubt I'd get one at home. Well I might do, considering he's not been caught yet. "Can I go home tonight?"

"If you feel well enough, then you can Miss. Fuentes." I nodded. I just kind of wanted to be at home, not here. He wouldn't be so stupid to come to my home to get me. Maybe he just wanted to talk? What if him pulling a trigger was an accident? Jaime left me alone while the doctors helped me change into some of my own clothes. I heard my brother's voices outside. Within a second, the curtain flew open. "Oh shit...Sorry." Mike covered Vic's eyes as well as his own as I stood there in nothing but a pair of panties and a top.

Quickly putting on some pants, with great difficulty may I add, I told them I was decent. Non of them actually said anything, which was bugging me considering all the noise they had just made. "Good news or bad news first?"

"Tony's not been caught." I left out a heavy sigh at that, sinking onto the bed. "But the good news, we leave in 1 month."

"Excuse me?" I questioned.

"Well we decided to take you away, see some sights and stuff before the tour starts." I felt a grin appear on my face. "But there's more bad news; management have found us a new guitarist so you're not playing." My eyes widened. They couldn't possibly do that right? Oh I know, I bet it's because I'm a girl or some shit like that. Girls can play just as good as guys, if not better than some guys.

"Oh well, I'm still touring with you guys." I laughed, wincing a little at the pain that shot through me.

***

As soon as I arrived back home, I checked my phone. I had a few text messages, most of them weren't important.

New Message: Unknown

you can run, but you can't hide baby.


Ever get the feeling where you wish the ground would swallow you whole into the pits of hell? Well that's how I feel. In fact hell would probably be a lot more fun round about now. I led myself down on the couch, staring at the ceiling as my brothers rushed around cleaning up the mess they had made while I'd been away. My thoughts slowly wandering back to the days of high school.

We were sat around one table, me, Mike, Tony and Jaime. "No way, she totally never did that!!"

"I swear on Claire's life." My head snapped up at my name. I saw him looking at me, a smile dancing on them oh so perfect lips. I have been crushing on the one and only Tony Perry for ages, only my brother knew. I once told him while we were drunk.

"I'll believe you if you finally grow a pair and ask my sister out in front of everyone."

"Mike!!" I called. Within a split second, Tony had stood up. Grabbing everyone's attention. I felt myself sink further into the seat. I was so embarrassed right now.

"As of lot of you may or may not know, I have fallen in love with a certain girl." he stopped at turned his attention to me. "She's beautiful, amazing, kind, funny, caring. She's perfect to me, perfect for me." He walked around the table, standing in front of me. Taking hold of one of my hands. I heard a few sniggers, a few comments. "Claire, will you make me the happiest guy in this school by becoming my girlfriend?!" he grinned at me.

"Yess!" I practically yelled.


I wiped a tear away as I remembered that. Why couldn't he stay like that? He was so nice, so caring, so loveable back then. Now he was just...a monster you could say. Even to this day, I still don't know what made he snap. Maybe I was just too much trouble for him. I mean think about it, who would truly love a broken girl?

"I'm going out, Mike will stay with you." Vic's voice snapped me from my thoughts. I nodded a little, pulling the blanket I had over me a bit more. He kissed my forehead before leaving. Mike soon joined me, sitting himself on the floor, facing me.

"What you looking at?"

"You. How do you do it Claire?" he asked.

"Do what?"

"Be so strong." Oh if only you knew Mike. I shrugged, shifting over a bit so he could sit on the couch with me. "You get shot, you survive. You have a mental problems, you get through it. I never thought I'd say this, but you're my inspiration sis."

I stared at him in disbelief. I'm his inspiration? "Get some rest sweetheart." I nodded, turning around awkwardly and closing my eyes. I led there, listening to everything in the background. I heard Mike's phone ring, I heard Jaime's voice. They were joking about something back in high school. I wish I could join in, but I had to sleep right? But something was stopping me. Was it fear? Maybe so, but I knew I wouldn't be sleeping until my oldest brother was back home and safe.

***

"I'm homeeeeee!!" A drunken voice woke me up. I don't remember falling asleep. I heard a clatter of footsteps.

"Jesus Vic, what the hell? Keep your voice down, she's sleeping!" I heard him whisper shout at the eldest of us three. I closed my eyes tight again, determined to finish off the sleep. It was too late, I had been disturbed. I kept my eyes closed so they wouldn't know any different. Once I'd heard them both go upstairs, I got myself up as carefully and quietly as possible. Heading into the kitchen, I poured myself a glass of water. Leaning up against the counter as I drank it, another memory crept up into my mind.

"Tony, where are you taking me?" I was nervous, I was blindfolded.

"Right stop." I heard his voice. "Close your eyes and keep them shut until I say so." I did as I was told, I opened them when he told me to. I gasped at the view in front of me. The sun setting, the sea, the beach. It was so beautiful.

"Happy anniversary baby." he whispered as he hugged me from behind, placing a small kiss on my cheek.


"What the hell happened?" I muttered. Turning around to put the glass in the sink, I jumped, dropping the glass. It shattered as it hit the cold floor, my whole body froze. I couldn't move, speak, hell I don't even know how I was still breathing. The look on his face, as he stood on the outside of my house.

I heard footsteps run down the stairs, he vanished from the window. "Claire?!"

"I'm in the kitchen. I dropped a glass. Go back to bed Mikey." I called back. I couldn't tell him. I just wanted one chance to speak to Tony and if they kept running every time they heard something, I'd never get chance.

All I wanted to know, is why? Why me? What did I do so wrong for this abuse and hatred he had towards me?

New Message; Unknown

remember, I'm watching your every move.


"I'm not yours to have any more"
♠ ♠ ♠
This is really sucky and I hate this chapter so much but here you go anyway.