Sequel: I Won't Give Up
Status: Active Updates

That's Hockey, Baby

Chapter 15

"Explain", my dad said sternly as he slid two pictures across the desk. It was Tuesday afternoon, 2 days after New Years Eve, and my dad and Catherine requested that right after the flight, me and Patrick have a meeting with them. I haven't spoken more than 10 words to Patrick since the fight.

I stared at the picture my dad sent my way. I knew I had drank a lot during the party, but I looked real rough in the picture. My hair was all over the place and I was sweaty and gross, as was Jonathan, who had his hand on my waist while he cupped my face.

"I was drunk", I mumbled.

"Drunk? Ella, I thought we left that behind you when you went to college. And Jonathan? Do you know how much money we had to pay to get these pictures and make sure they don't end up in the tabloids", my dad said, his voice rising with every word.

"And I assume you were drunk too? We sent you two together for new years so this shit wouldn't happen", my dad said, focusing his anger towards Patrick.

"I wasn't thinking", Patrick said lowly.

"Of course you both weren't", Catherine added, she hasn't spoken a word since we got here, "People were expecting a kiss from you two, and I don't want them talking. Everyone is so thrilled that you've changed your ways Patrick, and we're not gonna sway their opinions this far into the game".

"I don't care what you and Jonathan have going on, but you're not allowed to see him", my dad said as I rolled my eyes.

"Nothings going on between us, it was a mistake and I didn't see him and before I knew it he kissed me. It meant nothing".

"Eyes Ella", my dad scolded as I fought to roll them again.

____________________

"You look nice", Patrick said, he was sitting across from me. Catherine had booked us dinner reservations at Tru, a fancy french restaurant. I tried to convince her that I didn't feel well, but she insisted that Chicago hasn't seen much of us and the fans were starting to wonder. http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=90746386

"I'd rather have you be an ass to me then ridiculously nice because you feel awkward. I wore this especially because I knew you'd think it was a grandma outfit", I said, letting myself smile slightly.

"You're right, this is one of the worse ones", he said laughing and I felt myself relax a little.

"I'm sorry for freaking out on you", I sighed, "And throwing my phone…..and straighter……and a fork"

"Almost a shoe too", he added, "I'm sorry too"

"Don't be, if I didn't freak out it wouldve been fine", I shrugged it off.

"I'm serious Ella, I was so pissed about the kiss because I like you….alot, if I didn't I wouldn't care. And I say things when I'm mad that I don't mean…anyone would be lucky to be your boyfriend", he said softly.

"I was looking for you".

"Looking for me when", he asked.

"Before midnight. I heard people counting down and I remembered I was supposed to be with you at midnight, so I was turning around frantically and when I turned back around, his lips were on mine".

"Yeah, I wish I was with you too", he said laughing as he ran his hands through his hair.

"Don't be mad at Jon, I don't want things to be awkward, he's still my friend and I don't wanna ruin it", I said and he chuckled.

"He called me new years morning saying how sorry he was, don't worry, nothings gonna change"

I laughed and nodded, as our waitress placed our food on the table.

"Can I please get a picture with you", a 13 year old girl and her little brother said excitedly as we were leaving the restaurant.

"Sure", Patrick smiled, "Ell wanna take the picture". I nodded and reached for the girls camera.

"No, I mean sorry", the girl said blushing, "I want Ella in the picture too. You're my favorite NHL couple".

I blushed as I joined the picture, smiling for the girls parents as they snapped a couple pictures.

"I love your outfit, out of all the NHL girlfriend and wives, I think you're the prettiest and my role model, I'm a dancer too", the girl said smiling.

"Awh thank you, Patrick hates how I dress", I laughed, "How long"

"10 years, since I was 2", the girl beamed proudly.

"Thats awesome, good luck", I said sincerely.

"Let me take you shopping one day, like I do with my sisters…except I get to help pick out the outfits", Patrick laughed as we exited the restaurant and headed to his car.

"No way, youd have me in stuff like I wore on New Years everyday, no thank you"

"Yeah you're right, I don't need people looking at you more than they already do", he said, getting into his seat.

"People don't look at me".

"Are you blind? Whenever we go out every fuckin guy is like gawking at you Ella", Patrick said seriously as I shook my head.

"Dont notice", I shrugged.

"I love that you're completely oblivious to how hot you actually are", he laughed as he began to drive.