Sequel: I Won't Give Up
Status: Active Updates

That's Hockey, Baby

Chapter 18

MARCH

"Good morning Chicago! We are with Patrick Kane of the Chicago Blackhawks and accompanying him is Miss Ella Watson, daughter of one of the head coaches we all know and love, Roger", the TV personality boomed. I smiled as the live audience applauded.

"So tell us Ella, did Patrick approve your outfit this morning?", the host, Val asked me.

During our numerous interviews, Patrick loved telling the cameras about how much he hated my outfits.

"What do you think? Of course not", I laughed lightly along with the audience.

"So how does this relationship compare to the ones you had in high school", Val asked after several other questions.

"I never had a boyfriend before him.", I said honestly, "I never had time."

"Same.", Patrick agreed.

"So you guys are each other first then?"

"Like kiss?", I asked feeling a blush creep on my face as Val nodded.

"I think we all know thats not true for him, but I had my first kiss in high school."

The audience laughed and we played 20 questions for a while until it was time to go. I checked my phone as the two of us walked to the car, seeing I had one new message from Catherine. What now, I thought as I opened the message, I did everything she told me to in the interview.

"You're a doll, everyone just adores you, good job ms broadway! Good news, call me when you get this! xo Cat"

"Ella you're such a doll who wouldn't adore you", Patrick mimicked as he read the text over my shoulder. I laughed and dialed Catherines number as I got in the car.

"Ella Bella hi doll", Catherine sang happily as she answered the phone. Patrick rolled his eyes when I put it on speaker.

"Whats the good news", I asked, barely hiding my excitement.

"Me and Rog talked, and by the looks of it, the fans love you a lot more then originally expected. Anyways, you don't have to be in a relationship until August, we'll end in at this charity event next month!"

"Oh, great", I said glancing at Patrick who showed no emotion while he kept his eyes on the road.

"Right! I'm glad you're happy, I'll give you all the details later, and daddy says you still get paid for all 9 months!"

"Mhhm", I said, hanging up my phone.

It was silent for the rest of the ride home. Truth is, I think me and Patrick got so used to pretending to be a couple, that we didn't have to pretend anymore. I never thought I'd say it, but that along the way, I began to develop feelings for him.

"I'm going out", Patrick said as he parked his car in front of the apartment.

"Oh okay", I said as I got out of the car.

"See you later?"

"I don't know", he said before driving away.

I walked into the apartment feeling more confused then ever. Just one more month Ell, this isn't real, he doesn't care about you I reminded myself as I got to my floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading guys:)