Sequel: I Won't Give Up
Status: Active Updates

That's Hockey, Baby

Chapter 9

I got out of bed when I heard my apartment door shut. I got dressed and showered quickly. http://www.polyvore.com/shopping/set?id=90370197 I blew dry my hair and decided to let it fall naturally. Chicagos winters were freezing so I slipped on my north face and grabbed my gloves before going next door to Patricks apartment.

I knocked on his door twice and was surprised when Jacqueline opened it.

"Patricks showering, he said you were coming though. I'm so excited", she exclaimed as I walked in his apartment. I'd never been in here before and I was shocked by how clean and big it was. Jackie walked back to the couch she was sitting on and motioned for me to come sit with her. She was watching So You Think You Can Dance.

"I think my brothers in looovvveee", Jackie said as she nudged me. I smiled, and instantly felt bad about how we were basically lying to all of our friends.

"I don't think so", I blushed.

"Oh yeah. Trust me, I know my brother. He's used to being with girls, which I really would rather not think about, but he's never been as happy and excited about like life as he is now when he's with you. Whenever any of us mention "Ella" he gets all giddy", Jacqueline smirked.

Maybe Patrick was the one who should be on broadway, he seems to have this acting thing down.

"Where are we going today", I asked her.

Her eyes lit up as she was getting ready to answer, "Anywhere and everywhere".

_______________________________

"All done", Jackie said. We were at Sephora at water tower and she came back with 2 full bags of makeup. My eyes widened, there had to be around $500 dollars worth of makeup in her bags.

We went to the checkout and I was surprised when Patrick pulled out a credit card and quickly signed for everything. Jackie must have noticed my surprise.

"Every year he takes me and Erica and Jessica and a shopping spree and we can get whatever we want, he's done it since he's been in the NHL", Jackie leaned over and whispered to me. I felt a genuine smile come across my face as I nodded in understanding.

Me and Patrick walked a little behind Jackie as she darted in and out of stores, but close enough so she can tell us when she was ready to check out.

"You know", I said to Patrick as we waited outside of PINK, "if the media knew the person you were around your family, you wouldn't need a fake girlfriend to make people think you're a good person".

He laughed and ran his hands through his hair, "I guess. Its just my sisters, they've always supported me, since we were little. They'd ditch hanging out with friends or soccer practice to come to my games and tournaments. I promised them that when I was in the NHL I'd make it up to them".

I leaned over and gave him a kiss on the cheek. I blushed after realizing what I did.

"People were watching", I said quickly, embarrassed. He laughed and nodded as Jackie called us into the store, holding heaps of clothes.
♠ ♠ ♠
50 subscribers within like two days of posting this story wooo:) Thanks guys! Let me know what you think!!