Status: May contain multiple errors however mostly understandable.

HERO Project

HERO Project: Emory

HERO Project
Part Two- Emory

‘’Their all disgusting fiends...who all deserve to die’’ I cried myself to sleep again for the third night in a row. I couldn’t shake the thoughts out of my head, images flashed through my mind of all the happy couples. They haunted me in my sleep every night and then I go to the torture chamber and my eyes slowly peal themselves away at the sight of their happiness. The tears pounded onto my sheets and left a pool sized puddle.
‘’Emory honey, are you alright? Are you crying?’’ Mum shouted from outside my bedroom. I lived like a vampire. No light (except for my laptop blaring in my face) and remained crawled up in one corner on my bed. I sniffed before replying with a positive:
‘’Don’t worry mum, I am just studying.’’ I so plainly lied to her...I didn’t realise how stupid that sounded until after I said it. I smacked my forehead in anger and started mumbling to myself, cursing myself for being so idiotic and careless.
‘’Oh ok...don’t over work yourself.’’ Mum sounded confused but still she went along with it.
‘’Thanks mum!’’ I tried holding back my loud out bursts of violent screams, so I substituted them with screaming into my pillow. The thought of possibly suffocating myself did pass through but I wasn’t even man enough to do that. I checked my emails and sorted through the ones I actually wanted to read.
‘’Fuck you all!’’ I shouted at the computer. Again I slapped myself...what was I thinking? That the computer will just reply to me? I grabbed my hair and almost pulled it out but stopped the instant it started hurting. I drop my arms like a sack of potatoes. I bothered to read one of the comments someone left on their Facebook wall,

‘’I had such a fun night! Thank you to my sexy girlfriend, Lana!’’

I just pushed aside my laptop and started crying again. Every day, I endured the same pain. All I simply asked for in life was love. Of course, I receive the systematic love from my friends but that is never satisfying enough. I wanted a girlfriend! I wanted a girl; I could wrap my arms around and call my own. I want an angel to walk by my side and lighten my day up. But no angel hears my cries. Not once, have the heavens rewarded me for all my good deeds. I haven’t done anything wrong to deserve such torture! I am a straight A student, I treat everyone with respect, I maintain a good job not once missing a shift....I just can’t understand what I have done to deserve this all. For the third night in a row, I can’t sleep so instead I signed into habbo hotel*. The internet is the only real key opportunity I have of finding love. There is someone new every day. I went into the welcome longue and sat in a corner of the room...waiting for someone to join me. For the meanwhile, I spied on people’s conversations.

I waited up to an hour, before someone decided to sit next to me and start a conversation.
‘’Hey!’’ User Psycho-Love said.
‘’Well, hello there! How are you?’’ I replied.
‘’Feeling pretty darn good! How about you mister?’’ She asked. I couldn’t tell how I really felt or else she would think I am emo, so I lied.
‘’I am feeling great! ’’
‘’You’re bullshitting, I can tell. How do you actually feel at the moment?’’. This girl is amazing...how did she know? We have only known each other for about five seconds and she already picks up on my lying. I hesitated a little before replying to her.
‘’You’re good! I feel terrible actually....’’ I proceed to explain to her how I felt and why. She was so understanding and for once wasn’t showing fake sympathy...like most people do. Her sympathy was genuine. We didn’t stop talking, the conversation just flowed. Once one topic died down, another one would start because someone would say something that made us think of whatever that person said. We soon carried our conversation over to MSN and chatted until late hours of the morning. We both totally disregarded the fact that we both had school in the morning and instead focussed on learning more and more about each other. We had tons in common and we just seemed to mix well.
‘’It’s incredible...’’ I typed. She soon replied (another thing I liked about her, she instantly replies).
‘’What is, Emory?’’. I didn’t want to say it but my happiness over took my brain and forced my hands to type it.
‘’How well we’re getting along. I just wish you lived here so we could hang out more and talk until our hearts were content!’’. I pressed enter before I even proofread it.
‘’Shit! Shit! Shit!’’ I kept on repeating. I pounded my fist into the wall and instantly felt like I screwed everything up. I systematically ruin everything when it comes to love! The perfect girl walks into my life and I ruin it by dropping word bombs like that. ‘’I hate myself’’ I cried but soon wiped them away.
‘’I wished that I did too, Emory. That would be awesome’’ She replied adding in a happy face. I couldn’t believe it. I was smiling like a mad man and typed in my infinite happiness:
‘’If only...if only Rochelle.’’
Mum slowly opened my door, I didn’t realise what the time was until now but it was time to get ready for school. Rochelle and I both said:
‘’Ah crap! Time for school. Talk later?’’. I giggled and then said my final good bye. It killed me a little on the inside having to shut down my laptop and walking away from it...ok it killed me a lot. I just wanted to waste the rest of my time just talking to her but no I am forced to slave myself to the public. I slithered out of my room and towards the kitchen where I briefly had something to eat and then went for a shower. I stood under the water and allowed it to drown my body. I was in a trance...imagining how joyful my life would be with Rochelle in it. I spent another ten minutes stuck in the same trance before snapping back into reality and soon realised that I was now going to be running late for school. I quickly pulled some clothes on before running out of the house and into my car. I zoomed to school and made it inside the school grounds with seconds to spare before officially being late.

I budged through my fellow form class mates and sat down at my usual back corner desk. I rested my head on the desk and laughed in amazement. I have never been late for school...not once. And I somehow managed to pull off a miracle. One of my friends, Leah, noticed my out of placed smile. She asked why I looked so happy.
‘’She has finally arrived’’ I simply said. I didn’t expect her to understand and I was right she didn’t. I wasn’t going to translate my thoughts because I didn’t want the evil world knowing about Rochelle...I want her all to myself. Most of my teachers were concerned about me already, but what truly disturbed them was seeing me happy for once. Some of them, like my maths teacher, asked whether I wanted to see the guidance officer. I ignored him and continued to live in my fantasies. Although there was no stopping my maths teacher when it came to students not paying attention. He smacked a wooden ruler on my desk, nearly scaring me half to death.
‘’Emory. I will not take any more of this nonsense. You’re usually a good student, please don’t start leading down the path of failure.’’ He hissed at me. I gave him that reassuring smile of mine and told him that I won’t do it again. I lied and continued to do it once he left me. I just did it more secretly this time. Leah passed me a note. I unfolded and read it in my head.
‘’Are you dreaming over a girl?’’
‘’Yes, but she doesn’t live here ’’ I wrote back and then quickly passed it back to her. I looked at her facial expression as she read it, she looked amazed
‘’ Maybe, you should go and live with her lol’’ She joked. I paused for a second and then turned to her and smiled.
‘’Your right...I should’’ I smiled madly. She was confused but tried ignoring me as Mr Smith stormed towards us. He was about to shout at me again for not paying attention and now talking over him. However, I told him to shut up and continued to talk to Leah.
‘’Your totally right! I might have just met her this morning but I love her. And I want to spend the rest of my life with her! If a girl could bring me this kind of happiness, then I want to feel like this forever!’’. I packed my bag and ran towards the door. I could hear Mr Smith yelling at me to come back this instant, but I couldn’t care less. I hopped in my car and drove back home to collect some things and then cracked open my piggy bank, booked a train ticket to Brisbane, gathered my stashed away debit cards (all loaded with money, I am suppose to use for university) and quickly wrote a note for mum. I kept on receiving text messages from Leah saying that I was crazy and that a seventeen year old just can’t pack up and go just because of a girl. I just smiled and deleted the messages. I slapped my train ticket booking confirmation sheet on the counter and the teller looked at me funny...probably thinking I should be in school.
‘’First platform on right, darling’’ She directed me as she slowly handed over my boarding pass. I snatched it out her hand and ran to the platform and onto the train. It was like a rush and I barely remember it all but this feeling...I have never experienced it before...and I never want it to go away. I flipped open my laptop, quickly signing into the stations free Wi-Fi and signed onto MSN. Rochelle was online (using her mobile). I quickly asked her:
‘’Where do you live? I know this might sound crazy and I promise you I ain’t a stalker/paedophile. I just want to know where you live so I can send something to you.’’. Alright...I might be a bit of a stalker.
‘’54 Water street, Fortitude Valley’’. I thanked her as the train left the station.

Hours later...

It was 9:00am on a Saturday morning. The next stop was Fortitude Valley. I was getting slightly nervous...I never thought about what I would do if she rejected me. I was going on the gut feeling I had bouncing around in my stomach. The train stopped and announced its arrival at the Fortitude Valley train station. I pushed through the crowd and freed myself from the crowded station. I asked various officials where Water street was and they all kindly pointed me in the right directions. Finally...I found Water Street. It was your average street. All bulk standard houses with green gardens. I searched for number 54.
‘’52...53...’’ I paused as I stared at number 54 ‘’54...here we go. Emory, you can do this! You haven’t got this far just to run away.’’ I gave myself a prep talk as I slowly walked towards the front door. I made sure I didn’t step on anything precious or breakable. I stood in front of the door and pushed the door bell. I quickly groomed myself and sprayed myself as I heard footsteps fast approaching.
‘’Coming!’’ I heard a voice...it was Rochelle’s. I remember her voice from yesterdays webcam chat. She opened the door and greeted what she thought was a stranger.
‘’Hi, how may I hel...’’ She looked up at me and paused half sentence. I smiled and said hi. She looked confused but glad. ‘’Emory...what are you doing here?’’ She finally asked.
‘’I came here to join you. Rochelle, I know we only just met yesterday but I love you. You’re exactly what I need to continue on in life. I never want to feel the way; that I did! It was terrible and I hated it. I completely understand if you don’t feel the same, but please allow me to be part of your life so you can grow to love me...please?’’ I confessed without a bit of nervousness. She didn’t reply instantly like does on MSN but tossed the thought around her head (at least that’s what I hoped for). She gazed up at me with those crystal blue eyes of hers and smiled.
‘’I’ll be your hero’’ She hugged me. I felt so surreal but I finally felt happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
May contain mulitple errors but mostly understandable