Status: Will write if requested (:

Never Let Me Go

Bienvenue

“Jacob, at least TRY to watch where you’re going!’’ I yelled at the apparently psychopath driver sitting next to me.
My eyes flashed at the speedometer. 85, 90, 105… This was going to be my ending. How? By letting an overexcited best friend drive me to my new home? By allowing him to drive like a mad man? Slowly I began to focus on my breathing. Inhale and exhale, inhale and exhale.
‘’Gee, I thought you above all, could need some action.’’ Jacob rolled his eyes dramatically.
‘’It’s not my fault I had to move. My brain’s the one who got bored of Europe.’’ I winked. Vaguely I saw a smile appear on his face. ‘’Now please, slow down!’’ the speedometer finally did what I was hoping for. Instead of the speed going up, it actually went down.
A loud sigh came out of Jacob’s mouth. ‘’Last 2 kilometers and I have to slow down.’’ He muttered.
‘’Tss, all you had to do is drop me off at the Cullens, remember?’’ I liked the Cullens. They were the only other vampires who preferred animal blood. At least I wouldn’t be having a hard time focusing on my thirst. The thirst that caused me a lot of pain. The same thirst that made a certain vampire kill my family. A tear rolled over my cheek.
‘’You okay? I promised, I wouldn’t drive like a maniac anymore.’’ He grimaced at the word ‘maniac’.
‘’No, I’m fine Jacob. Thank you for worrying.’’
Suddenly the car stopped. I knew it was wise to put my seatbelt on. My whole body moved towards the front window of the car. ‘’I’ve never seen a vampire cry. Now don’t tell me they just cry for nothing.’’ He looked into my eyes with a penetrating gaze.
‘’I’m just having a moment. You know? A moment for yourself, rethinking your life…’’
I felt the car starting again.
‘’Chicks’’ I heard Jacob say softly. I giggled, something I haven’t done for a while.
‘’And by the way, Jacob, technically I’m not a vampire.’’ His eyes flickered between me and the road. ‘’How so?’’ he asked. ‘’Because I’m a half-vampire. 50% human and 50% vampire.’’ Proudly I held my head high.
‘’Nothing compared to me’’ he smiled. ‘’Being half werewolf and half human’s way harder, princess.’’
We both laughed and sat in silence after.
The Cullen house was near.
♠ ♠ ♠
I found this old story still stuck on my computer. Might as well give it another shot before completely turning my back on it..
Comments are welcome ︶ε╰✿