Status: Will write if requested (:

Never Let Me Go

Is this thing on?

My suitcase was empty, and I was even able to fit it under my bed. The room wasn’t very big, but it wasn’t very small either. It felt just right. The blue walls and the white floor made it seem like I was flying through the air. Even the bed had blue and white sheets. It had an open window and the curtains were a light shade of grey. I could get used of this. Waking up every morning in a beautiful room like this one. My legs lifted me up from the bed as my arms stretched as high as I could reach. Guess I got tired. Slowly I moved down the stairs. Maybe this was a good opportunity to call Jacob. Just to tell him everything was ok. I survived my first day. My hands were searching in pockets. My cellphone had to be somewhere in here. Or did I leave them upstairs? No, my left hand felt something cold at the bottom of my left pocket. I held the phone at my ear while walking to the living room. It was like every room had its own theme. The living room had a beautiful black sofa and a matching table. My hand slid on the sofa as I heard a familiar voice coming through my phone. ‘’Jake speaking.’’ It said.
‘’Jacob, hey! Just reporting my mission’s a success. I already packed and I’m about to go hunting. This cleaning up makes me thirsty.’’ I smiled. Jacob didn’t mind me talking about the whole vampire stuff. He thought it would make us even, because he talks about how ‘totally cool’ it is to be a werewolf. Which I do not agree to. ‘’Way to go, princess. Yeah, me and the pack are about to control the area. You might see me in my incredible wolf from. Just don’t get too excited, ‘kay?’’ ‘’Sheesh, Jake! A little less ego wouldn’t look bad on you. Or is that a wolf thing? Bragging about how awesome you are? I mean, sure you’re faster than me in your wolf form. But before you’ve even transformed into a wolf, I’m long gone! So…’’ I muttered. Wow, did that really came from me? I waited for a response. This was the first time I made Jacob quiet. ‘’Jacob? Really, I didn’t mean it like that. Come on, talk to me, please.’’ Again there was silence. No wolf being arrogant about himself. ‘’Sorry, I’m back. Our pack leader, Sam, had something he wanted to inform us before leaving. Did you say something important?’’ my mouth fell open of surprise. I thought I finally made him silent! I closed my mouth and sighed. ‘’No, nothing’’ I whispered. ‘’But Jake, you got a minute to explain me something?’’ ‘’Yeah, a minute.’’ He chuckled. ‘’Well, I don’t quite get the whole Sam loves Emily but secretly still loves Leah as well thing.’’ I waited for a response. I really wanted to know what was going on with Jacob’s pack. And absolutely about the only wolf girl, her niece and the love triangle they’re in. This seemed to take ages. I thought Jacob left again, but there was a groan coming from the other side of the phone. ‘’Not again…’’ he murmured. ‘’I have to, we have to deal with the whole situation all day. Guess I’m able to explain it as well, then. Sam, our alpha male, imprinted on Emily while he was in love with Leah. He hates it that he hurt Leah, but he had to be with Emily. It just was meant to be. Now the whole pack has to suffer the whole love triangle thing. Thanks to our wolf telepathy.’’ This time it was my mouth that was shut. ‘’B-but, if he really loved her, he can’t just drop her like some kind of trash, right?’’ I whispered. This couldn’t have really happened. Poor Leah, I thought. ‘’It’s not like that, princess. He imprinted on her. He had to be with Emily. It’s a wolf thing.’’ ‘’It’s a wolf thing? Please Jacob, explain.’’ I turned around and let myself fall into the sofa. Pretty cozy, I though. ‘’Imprinting is like, when you see her, the world stops holding you from standing on the ground. Everything you know the way it was changes, your life changes. It’s not gravity holding you, it’s her.’’ Jacob expressed himself really serious. And it seemed like a beautiful thing, imprinting. ‘’So, you really, really love your imprintee, right? But, what if she doesn’t like hím?’’ I asked. But of course, how couldn’t you fall in love with a werewolf who’d do anything for you? ‘’Could you resist a boy constantly gazing at you, telling you you’re beautiful every single day?’’ he said. ‘’Well, it can’t be that great. You know boys, each and every one of them is even more crazy about himself.’’ And it was true! I could hear Jacob laugh from on the other side of the phone. ‘’Okay, how do you know when someone imprints on you, then? Will there be light coming from out of the sky shining down on her? And how will the boy react? Wide eyes gazing at her like a blind man finally being able to see? Because that doesn’t sound like love, that sounds like a horror movie.’’ I assumed. Another laugh came from Jacob. ‘’When someone imprints, you’ll know. As far as I know. Sam instantly knew that Emily was the one. And he hasn’t stopped thinking it ever since. Now take Quil for example, you know him right, the chocolate brown wolf. He imprinted on Claire. She’s Emily’s niece.’’ He waited for a reaction. ‘’But isn’t Claire only 2 years old?’’ I finally stated. ‘’Exactly. It doesn’t always have to be love. Quil’s more like a protector to her. Yeah, when she grows up he might get romantic with her. And she’ll probably feel the same way about him.’’ I let the words that just came out of Jacob’s mouth fall into place. Apparently imprinting was way more than love. It seemed absolutely perfect. Emily and Claire must be so happy. ‘’Well, gotta go princess. I’d hurry up if I were you. You might miss the wolves.’’ he hinted. ‘’Yeah, I’ll keep my eyes open, Jake. Thanks for the story. I’ll have something to think about tonight.’’ I chuckled. ‘’Sure, have fun.’’ And there was no more but a beep coming from my cellphone. Quickly I pressed the ‘shut down’ button and put it back in my pocket. It was time to hunt.
I started out running through the forest, but after a while it seemed pointless. All there was were trees. A few shrubberies maybe, but that was it. My legs started to slow down as I began to see a cliff somewhere north from where I was standing. It wasn’t very late but the sun began to set. The reddish and orangey colors filled the air with their dazzling light. Even the clouds lost their white and even the sky lost its blue. It didn’t look anything like my room anymore. It looked like a warm summer. The only thing missing was a cool summer breeze floating through my hair. But the breeze never came. I decided to move on, before all the animals would hide and sleep for the night. I’d still be thirsty, and I really didn’t like human food. Compared to animal blood, human food was like shabby garbage. The only thing I did like, were milkshakes. Maybe it’s because I can really taste the fruit. Or maybe I’m just a big fan of junk food. The only good thing humans eat. I turned around to look for any animals near. Thinking about milkshakes made me even thirstier. This was gonna take a while. The trees all looked the same, who knew which one of them would be hiding an animal? I tried to look behind each and every one of them, but as fast as I was being a vampire, they all were empty! I shut my eyes to focus on sounds. There I was, standing in the middle of an open field right at the center of the forest. Suddenly I heard something. But this wasn’t just a regular sound coming from some random animal. A curious werewolf was standing right in front of me, and as it came closer, more wolves followed. ‘’Come on Jake, you really shouldn’t scare me like that.’’ I whispered. There was no reaction. Of course there wasn’t. Werewolves can’t talk. And Jacob didn’t seem to be here. Not in this wolf pack. His pack had way more members. seventeen I remembered Jacob telling me. This one only had 5. Did they split up? The front wolf moved even closer and began to growl. One paw behind the other, looking ready to attack. ‘’W-wait!’’ I yelled. ‘’I’m one of the good vampires!’’ I tried to move backwards slowly, but with my hands behind my back I felt something soft and fuzzy. Is this even possible? Another werewolf? Standing behind me? What was this? An ambush?! Quickly I turned around to check, but this wasn’t just a werewolf. This one looked different. Its sandy color, those brown eyes. They stared so deeply into mine. Like they weren’t ever, ever gonna lose my gaze. Could this be? Did a wolf imprint on ME? Another growl came from the front wolf. I turned around to see what was happening. The sandy colored wolf jumped through the air and blocked the front wolf’s attack. I was saved. But what about hím, the wolf who just saved me?! The other wolf was way bigger, he couldn’t possibly survive. The other wolves were watching the fight. They did absolutely nothing about it. Growls were coming from the vague wolves who kept on fighting. I could hear scratches, and biting. ‘’Stop it!’’ I yelled. The surrounding wolves turned their heads at me. But the fighting wouldn’t stop. ‘’You! Why aren’t you doing anything?! Are you just going to let your friends die?!’’ I waved with my arms in an almost dramatic way. An even louder growl came from the two fighting wolves. What should I do? Why couldn’t I find a solution? That was my power, right? I breathed slowly and began to focus. I should stop them. I should stop them! My eyes flickered between at the wolves. But they were moving too fast. I couldn’t possibly interfere. Suddenly a wolf, somewhere far way, howled. The same way you hear them do in the movies.

The wolves started to run away. Every one of them, except for the one that had just saved me...