Status: active; updates will be slow

Clarity

cookies, laughs and endless thoughts

I can’t help the smile on my face as Bridget takes my hand in one of hers and grabs Harry’s with her other hand. She is soon dragging each of us toward the kitchen to where our Mum was baking. The smell of the wonderful cookies wafted through my nostrils as we enter the kitchen. As we enter the kitchen, I glance over at Harry to see his eyes widen a bit.

“Just in time, my dears,” Mum says as she sets a tray of freshly baked cookies on the counter. Chocolate chip, my favorite; I’ve loved them ever since I was little, maybe younger than Bridget but I can’t quite recall. Flour was littering the apron she wore, from making the cookies, I presume.

“Harry, you’re the guest, you can get yours first, love, go on,” my Mum tells him with a polite smile and motions for him to go over and get a few. He nods his head in return before letting go of Bridget’s hand and making his way over to the stove where the baked goods were. He gets his two and that’s when I make my way over and get a few for myself.

After I place a few on a napkin; two of them, I go over and take a seat on one of the stools at the bar. Harry takes the open seat beside me.

“These are great cookies; remind me of the bakery I used to work at back home,” he says and takes a bite of one of the cookies.

“That’s cool, sounds like a fun place to work,” I tell him with a smile. The two of us eat our cookies and continue to talk for a few minutes. My Mum soon interrupts our conversation.

“So, Harry, tell me, where are you from?” she asks him with a smile, breaking the silence in the room. He gives her a smile and takes a small bite of the cookie before he opens his mouth to speak. Before he can get any words out, my little sister begins to ramble something.

“He’s part of One Direction, mummy!” Bridget mutters with a wide smile on her face. Chocolate was smeared all over her cheeks and lips from the cookies. I can’t help but smile and laugh a bit at that.

“No, love, t’was asking where he’s from, where he grew up,” mum replies with a slight chuckle and presses a kiss to the smaller girl’s head. She grabs a napkin and wipes the chocolate mess from her face.

“Oh,” she says and wipes her face with her arm resulting in the gooey chocolate smearing all over the sleeve of her shirt. I laugh a bit at my sister and cover my mouth to keep myself intact.

“I’m uh…from Holmes Chapel in Cheshire,” he finally says and looks over at me for a minute or two before looking back at to my Mum. I nod my head and smile a bit as I look back at him. He was too adorable, I have to keep myself from breaking out into a wide smile, not wanting to bring too much attention to myself.

“That’s a lovely little village, been ‘round there a few times,” she replies with a smile. Harry gives her a smile and nods back in reply.

I sit and talk with my mum and Harry for a good fifteen minutes or so and she asks him some things about him, before she goes off along with Bridget to find her a clean shirt. Harry and I continue to talk and laugh about random things that come to mind. We laugh about the funny things my sister said and go on about other funny stuff.

His phone soon begins to go off, blasting a song by Coldplay, Paradise. He pulls it out of his pocket and looks up at me, “Sorry, love, got to take this,” he says as he looks up from his phone. I give him a nod and tell him to take the call along with a smile on my face. I smile a bit when I notice him roll his eyes as he gets up to answer the call.

As I stand there, I can’t help but replay the last few hours in my mind. A smile makes its way onto my face as I think of him. Am I falling for him already? I think I am starting to fancy him, I really am. He had the most contagious smile and then there were his dimples. From the other room, I hear Harry’s somewhat loud voice.

In the other room, I heard some shuffling along with a yawn. I slowly make my way to the doorway of the hallway that led to the front living room.

“Everything okay?” I question as I look over at him, a bit of a concerned look on my face.

He nods his head, “It’s all good,” he replies with a smile.

“Good,” I tell him with a smile.

“Think I may get goin’, that was one of my mates, we have an early mornin’ tomorrow,” he says as he stares over at me, a smile on his lips. A small smile appears on my lips as I move forward to where he stood.

“I’ll uh, walk you out,” I tell him with a smile and come forward, grabbing hold of his wrist.

He nods his head and smiles, dimples showing. I can’t help but smile a bit as I lead him through the living room to the front door. As I approach the door, I release my grip on his wrist and reach forward to grab the handle of the door to pull it open. Just as my hand touches the handle to open it, my hand brushes against his and he pulls the door open. I can’t help but blush a bit at the contact. Why am I getting so nervous around him? Is it that obvious I fancy him?

“See you later, beautiful,” he says as he leans forward and pulls me into a hug. He even presses a kiss to my cheek. I smile a bit and nod my head as we pull away from the hug. This boy gave good hugs that’s for sure.

“Let me know when you get in, alright,” I tell him with a smile. He says he will and nods his head before pulling his keys from his pocket and begins his descent down the steps of the porch. I stand on the porch as I watch him walk over to his car that was parked in front of my house. He climbs in the car and starts it up. The headlights turn on, lighting up the semi-darkness.

I smile and laugh a bit as he rolls the window down and calls out to me. He was telling me to have a good night along with a wave. I can’t help but laugh as he lays on the horn as begins to drive off, turning his attention to the road in front of him. The smile never leaves my face as I make my way back inside and lock the door behind me. I reach for my bag and realize it wasn’t here.

Oh my god. I didn’t really leave my backpack in his car, did I? I have some coursework to get done and I will be screwed if I don’t turn it in when it’s due next week. I pull my phone out from my purse so I could give him a ring. Hopefully he wasn’t too far off from my house.

I tap on his name in my contact list and hold it up to my ear. It rings a few times before I hear him pick up.

“Hello? Brooklyn?” he says on the other line.

I let out a sigh before I begin to speak, “H-hey, Harry, um, sorry to bother you since you’re uh, on your way home but I um, I think I left my backpack in your car, and I kind of need it,” I say with a slight hint of a laugh in my voice.

“Yeah? I could…I’ll turn ‘round and bring it back to ya, it’s not a problem at all,” he says. I can’t help but smile but then I realize that he can’t exactly see me.

“Thanks, I’ll be waitin’ on the porch,” I tell him.

“Be there in a few, think I’m right ‘round the corner,” he says.

“Alright,” I say before I hear the beep that the call ended.

I set my bag near the door and step back out onto the porch so I could wait for him, after I unlock it once more. I shut the door and slowly lower myself down so I could sit on the steps while I wait. Bright headlights were coming my way and I had a hunch it had to be him. The vehicle slowly came into view and slows down a bit. It had to be him, I was sure of it.

The car slows to a stop in front of my house and the door opens. A head of curls emerges and he goes and grabs my backpack along with the smaller bag I used for track. He swings them over his shoulder with very little effort and is soon making his way toward me.

“Here you are, love,” he sends me a smile and passes the two bags over to me.

“Thanks, sorry for the trouble of havin’ you bring it back to me,” I tell him with a slight hint of a laugh.

“No problem, babe, any time,” he says and presses another kiss to my cheek. As he kisses my cheek, his curls tickle my skin a bit before he slowly pulls away, a slight hint of pink to his cheeks.

“What do you say, lunch on Sunday if you’re free?” he asks with a smile as he stares down at me. I find myself nodding as I look up at him and give him a smile in return.

“Of course,” I tell him.

“Great, see you then, beautiful, I’ll make sure to text you when I get back so you don’t worry,” he laughs and slowly begins to make his way back to the car, backwards, might I add. I can’t help but laugh as he trips slightly over his own feet, not watching where he was going, his eyes on me the entire time. He was adorable.

“Watch where you’re goin’, Curly,” I smile as I rise from my spot on the steps and hoist my bags over my shoulder.

He lets out a chuckle and continues on his way, watching his footing this time. He soon gets in the vehicle and is driving off once more. I make my way inside the house and lock the door in place. I pull my backpack on both shoulders before I swing my purse over one of them. My whole way up the stairs, I can’t help but think of Harry and his cheeky smile.

“Brooklyn, who were you chatting with? Harry? Quite a nice lad, darling,” my mum stops me in the hallway on the way to my room. I nod my head and give her a slight smile.

“He is, yeah?” I ask with a smile as I turn to her. “Forgot my bags in his car, he brought ‘em back to me,” I finish with a smile.

“What a sweetheart,” she replies with a smile before coming over and pressing a kiss to my head. I hug her before I continue on to my room

I decide to change out of my clothes and into something more comfortable. I pull on a comfortable pair of sweatpants and a tank top. After I toss my dirty clothes in the dirty clothes bin, I situate myself on my bed so I could read a bit. I decided I would just study some more tomorrow. I had too much on my mind right now, all thanks to a curly-haired lad I met not too long ago.

About eight or nine chapters into reading The Fault in Our Stars for the third or fourth time this month, my phone begins to go off. When I read, I always tend to lose track of time. I grab my phone and press the home button to see who it was from. A smile comes across my face when I realize it was from Harry.

Just checking in, babe, to let you know I got back alright. Had a grand time. See you on Sunday? – H xx

I smile as I read his message. It takes me a good few minutes or so for me to think of what to reply back. I tell him I had a grand time as well and that I can’t wait to see him again. I’ve only known him a few weeks but I feel like I’ve known him way longer. Yeah, I’ll admit it, I’m falling for him. I’m falling for the next up and coming heart throb in a pop boy band and I wasn’t ashamed to admit it. It was obvious he was as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally, here's the next chapter!!!! :D ahhh, sorry it took me sooo long to update! D: but yayyy, they're both falling for each otherrrrr (: good things are coming!

I hope everyone's enjoying this so far - it is slowly getting better! What does everyone think?? Please let me know!

Image