‹ Prequel: Strong Enough
Status: Sequel! Slowly developing the idea, please be patient. You're awesome!

Good Enough

Don't Know How to Stop

*Bryden's POV*

I watched her perfect figure moving through the large club. The purple fabric hugging her just right. I couldn’t deny my absolute attraction to that girl. And I would never want to.

She moved to the dance floor, prodded by Mia, and laughed as they began to dance. They pressed their bodies together, and my reaction couldn’t be helped. The girl of my dreams was grinding with another girl. I’m a man and it was a damn sexy sight.

Even more than the fact that she was behaving so openly with another girl, it was the genuine smile and happiness I could see on her face that made my heart soar. This girl had no qualms about being exactly who she was. She had no thought for how other thought of her. She was just Jax. And that’s all she needed to be.

As the song changed, I realized that I wasn’t the only one taking notice of the display on the dance floor. I noticed groups of men and even some women staring at them. Some in desire, others in jealousy.

Now, I’m not a fool. It’s obvious that Jax is attractive. Even more, I know she attracts attention without trying. And when she was trying, there was no containing the levels of attention she would warrant. But that didn’t mean I wanted other people looking at her.

Jealousy was taking hold of my heart. I’d just got this girl back in my life and I was becoming the jealous boyfriend.

I stood and made my way to the dance floor, followed by Tommy, while Rylan went off to flirt somewhere. I moved to take the hips of my girlfriend and pull her back against me. A flash of irritation moved through Mia’s eyes until Tommy pulled her into a dance of their own.

“You know, you could give a man a heart attack by dancing like that.” I rested my hands on her hips, dangerously low, and pressed a kiss to her cheek. I was letting everyone in this club know that she was taken.

When she turned to face me, I saw a glint of suspicion in her eyes. Her hands rested on my biceps as she studied my face, though I don’t know what she was looking for.

“I could also gain a man’s attention rather easily by dancing like that.” She pushed up on her toes and moved to my ear. “It seems to have worked rather well on you.”

A shiver ran down my spine. She’s been teasing me for the past five weeks with her captivating body and her seductive voice. It was cruel since she’d decided we needed to take things slow.

“Me and every other man in the room.” I smirked down at her as she moved once again to press her back to me.

“Jealous?” Her hand tangled in my hair as her hips tormented me.

“Very.”

“Good.” She moved against me, giving me a very good show. It was obvious she’d done this before, unfortunately. I shook my head trying not to think about her past.

The song ended and she smiled devilishly before pulling Mia away to the bar. I watched her leave as Tommy clasped his hand on my shoulder.

“That girl has got you wound tight.”

“At least I can actually tell people I’ve got a girlfriend. You’re still waiting around like a bitch. You better take that girl off the market before someone else does.”

“Kiss my ass. I’m being respectful. And you may be able to call her your girlfriend, but at least I don’t have blue balls every night.”

“Fuck you.”

“It’s definitely not me you want to fuck.”

As Mia and Jacqui did their shots at the bar, I once again took note of the men watching her. The two girls cheered as they downed the second shot. I watched as Mia leaned in and whispered something into Jacqui’s ear. They both glanced in the direction of a table nearby surrounded by four guys. Their laughter erupted as they turned away, taking one more shot before walking back to where Tommy and I still stood.

When they passed, Jax ran a finger down my chest and gave me a wink.

They reclaimed their space on the dance floor in each other’s arms. Tommy and I stood and watched the women in our lives move together, their eyes firmly planted on ours.

As I watched them move together, I couldn’t help but let the questions about Jacqui’s past once again cloud my brain. I shook them off as I hit Tommy and told him I needed a drink. He nodded and followed me to the bar. I grabbed the Jack and Coke off the bar and downed half of it.

“Dude, what’s got your panties in a twist? You never drink that fast.”

“Look at her.” I motioned to where Jax was laughing as her and Mia clasped hands and moved around the dance floor, no longer giving the performance from earlier.

“What about her?”

“She’s completely not afraid to be exactly who she is.”

“Is that a bad thing?”

“No, the bad part is she’s a magnet for attention. Everyone gravitates toward her.”

“I’m still not getting it. She’s awesome. She’s outgoing. What’s the problem?”

“She revels in it. I think she looks for the attention. Every guy in this place has been staring at her. And she is soaking it all in.”

“So you’re jealous.”

“Of course I am, but it’s more than that.” I shook my head, turning to look at Tommy’s confused face.

“You gotta spell it out for me, Amigo.”

“She’s been the Vegas party girl for five years. She’s been the center of attention for years. What if she can’t leave that behind? I don’t want to feel like I’m fighting for her attention or fighting to keep everyone else from her.”

“Bry, she’s been getting attention since she started wearing a bra. And you know she loves attention, I mean she’s the one who got kicked out of Homecoming every year for inappropriate dancing. She wore that ridiculous outfit to protest the use of school money to send the cheerleaders to a competition when the dance team had to fundraise. That’s the girl you fell in love with. She enjoys the limelight.”

“And what if I can’t compete with that?”

“She may love the attention, but there’s no way she’d give you up. Let her have the attention. She may have every guy’s eye on her right now, but you’re the only one here who can say she’s yours.”

I nodded at him, trying to believe what he was saying. It wasn’t like she was running off and dancing with every guy here. She was just messing around with her best friend.

But, I couldn’t stop the nagging voice in my head that said, ‘She’s a party girl. She isn’t going to settle down any time soon. She’s wild. And you won’t be able to keep her interested.’

I watched her laughing once again because of a joke I couldn’t hear. The pure joy on her face was almost palpable. She moved with her best friend and soon her eyes fell on me, a smile resting on her lips. We held the eye contact for a minute before Mia pulled her once again into a dance.

Jax was a lot to handle, I knew that going in. But what if she decides I’m too boring for her? What if she decides she doesn’t want a relationship holding her down? She was born to fly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's chapter three!
What do you think?

Also, here's Jax's Dress and Mia's Dress since I didn't put them in the chapter last time.

Thank you to alrightwell and onlyme_1998 for the comments! And genuine love to everyone who reads and subscribes and recommends the story! You make my life!

Send some love!
~Tracicita~