Status: Done. Has potential for more. Continue? Yay or Nay?

Olivia

It's Raining Outside

Billie was still on the couch, his guitar was laying on the floor and he was in the middle of blowing his nose.

“You OK Billie?” Adrienne asked sitting down beside him.

Billie finished and sniffed. “Yeah, I just sneezed, I needed to blow my nose.”

“Oh, I hope I didn’t get you sick.” Adrienne interjected concerned.

“Nah, I’m fine. Really, I’m fine.”

“Maybe you should go, so it doesn’t get worse…” Adrienne suggested.

“Nah, I’m fine. Plus if I left now, we wouldn’t get to spend the night together. Olivia is finally in bed and now we’re alone…” Billie smiled.

“Hey, I told you right at the beginning of this relationship that my daughter comes first….” Adrienne was cut off by Billie.

“I know, I know… I’m just saying now we’re alone, so let’s take advantage of it.” Billie said eagerly standing up.

“OK, I’ll race you to my room, but be quiet, don’t wake Olivia.” Adrienne whispered, biting her lip a little.

Adrienne and Billie slid into her room and stripped their clothes off and hopped under the covers to have some fun. When they were done Adrienne slipped on a large T-shirt and Billie changed into bed shorts and a T-shirt as well. Billie picked up his guitar and began plucking at the strings.

“Can I play you another song?” Billie asked.

“Sure.” Adrienne said getting on the bed and sitting cross legged.

Billie began to pluck the delicate strings and started singing soft and slow,
“The words get trapped in my mind
I'm sorry I don't take the time to feel the way I do
'Cause the first day you came into my life
The time ticks around you
But then I need your voice
As a key to unlock all the love that's trapped in me
So tell me when it's time to say I love you…
All I want is you to understand
That when I take your hand, it's 'cause I want to
We are all born in a world of doubt
But there's no doubt I figured out I love you
And I feel lonely for
All the losers that will never take the time to say
What's really on their mind instead they just hide away
And yet they'll never have someone like you
To guide them and help along the way
So tell me when it's time to say I love you
So tell me when it's time to say I love you…”

“Billie that was beautiful. I loved it. And I love you.” Adrienne was speechless, her eyes grew wide and she took his hands. “You are amazing.”

“Thanks, I love you too, I wrote that just for you.” Billie blushed a little, just as a loud rumble of thunder and a flash of lightening caught their attention.

“Oh, geez, that scared me…” and just as she said that, Olivia came running in the bedroom crying.

“Mommy, Mommy!!!” Olivia yelped running to her mother. Adrienne picked her up and cradled her in her arms, rubbing her back and rushing her to try and calm her down.

“Shhhh… Shhh… Olivia, It’s OK, Mommy’s here. It’s just a little storm. Shhhhh… Mommy’s here…” Adrienne kept repeating.

Olivia kept crying and it took a while before her wails simmered down to a small whimper.

“That’s a big girl... It’s OK... the storm will pass.” Adrienne whispered into Olivia’s ear. The rain was coming down in sheets and it sounded like nails dancing on the roof. The lightening flashed and it made the power flicker and the thunder made the house shake. It frightened Olivia and she screamed every time she heard the crackling thunder.

“May I try something?” Billie interjected.

“Yes, please, anything…” Adrienne said.

Billie picked up his guitar and started playing.
“Olivia, Olivia it's raining outside
The city is drenched there's a moon out tonight…” As he started playing, Olivia quieted and turned around to watch Billie play his guitar.
“There's a break in the clouds just under the stars
We wanna go on and watch from afar
We couldn't care when and stepped in the mud
It makes no sense but you misunderstood
The city is in ruins, but there's a flower in the crack of the streets
Olivia, Olivia, I'll give you my best
Safe in my arms, I'll lay you to rest
You can borrow my coat, you wear the dress
Olivia, Olivia, come follow me home.” Billie finished and Olivia was quiet. The storm had passed and it was now just the sound of a light rain which was drowned out by the white noise of the fan whirling about.

“Billie.” Olivia crawled over and wrapped her tiny arms around his wide frame. “Billie wrote me a song.” Olivia nestled her head under his and swayed back and forth.

Billie replied by enveloping her in his arms around Olivia and kissing her head. “Yes, I wrote Olivia just for you.”
“That is so sweet. That’s probably the best thing anyone has ever done for me and for Olivia. You are truly amazing.” Adrienne whispered.

Billie put Olivia down on the bed and she began to close her eyes and drift to sleep. “It’s OK if she sleeps here right?” Billie whispered.

“You read my mind. I was just about to ask you the same thing.” Adrienne smiled.

Adrienne pulled the covers up and turned the light off. She kissed Billie, softly on the lips, and covered them all up with Olivia curled up between them sleeping. She was already lightly snoring clutching her blankie and Billie Bear. “Good Night. See you in the morning Liv. Love you Billie, sleep tight.” Adrienne whispered through the darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Has potential for more.... continue? Yay or Nay?