Status: i guess this is a thing now.

Could We Burn, Darling?

Four

"Why would you touch my book!?" Jack yelled at his best friend, anger filling his eyes. Alex was cowardly sitting on his bed, looking down at the ground. He didn't have an answer. He touched the younger's book because he was curious. Jack was always writing it and if Alex got anywhere near him, he'd hide it and glare at him.

Jack was genuinely upset because of his book being read. He was furious and sad. How could Alex betray him like that? Why would we do that? Jack trusted him to stay away from his things.

"I just... Jack-o.. I tried so hard to not read it. Curiosity got the best of me," he had a frown on his face as he stood up and walked over to him. Jack was shaking at this point, tears making his sweet eyes all glossy.

"Alex, I trusted you. I left my book here because I knew you wouldn't go through it, but now you've just destroyed that trust and-" Jack was cut off by an irritated groan from Alex. Nothing could get worse than arguing with his basically only friend.

"Stop! Okay? Stop reminding me of the things I've done wrong. Of all the things you have to hate me for!" Alex raised his voice, standing up and folding his arms across his chest out of anger. Jack stood his ground, though, barely moving an inch. He glared up at the older boy.

"Don't you dare try to turn this on me; this is all your fault. Do you know how much private things are in that book? Secrets that I've been too afraid to tell anyone?" He asks, his voice getting quieter towards the end. The tears had spilled over now, rolling down his cheeks. Alex tried not to flinch; tried not to give into the younger boy who was being such a major prick to him, "You probably think I'm psychotic now because you didn't listen to me," Jack's voice cracked, his hands flying up to cover his eyes.

That broke Alex down. His eyes widened and he got closer to Jack, arms winding around his thin body as he pulled him over to the bed. Seeing his own best friend this hurt... It killed him, honestly. He had never seen such a terrible thing.

Jack's shoulders were shaking as he curled up against Alex on the bed, "Do you hate me?"

"Why would I ever hate you?" Alex questioned as he let his hand rub up and down the smaller's back. Jack lifted his head and looked him directly in the eye, tears still rolling down his cheeks.

"Because of my book. What's written in it... You must surely hate me now. Because I'm not all confident and happy like you've always thought?" He asks quietly, rubbing at his eyes in attempt to make the tears go away.

"Jack," Alex began, "Listen, I know that you must think I have something against you because of the whole happy act, but just because you have depression doesn't change anything. I don't know why it would. I'm here to make you happy, I hope that's what I'm doing. I'm here to make the depression stop for a little while, alright?" He kissed his temple gently as he held him close.

Jack let out a nervous breath as he nodded slowly, "Okay," he whispered, "I'm so sorry. I knew I could have trusted you, but I just... I get nervous and I overreact."

Alex couldn't help but chuckle at the younger, "It's alright, Jack. I don't think you're any more crazier than I did before," he jokes playfully with a smirk etched on his face. Jack blushed and hid his face against the other's shoulder. Alex nudged him playfully, kissing his hair before Jack lifted his head slightly to look in his eyes.

"Be my boyfriend."

Jack didn't even look surprised as he simply replied, "ask me properly then."

"Will you please be my boyfriend, Jack Bassam Barakat?"

"Well, I mean, I guess," Jack said playfully before a little smile made it's way across his lips and they were pressing their lips against one another's.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, hey. This is extremely short.
But they're a thing now.
I'm actually quite embarrassed with how long I've taken to write this little thing.
I'm so embarrassed I'm not going to tell you how many words it is because that's just, wow.
Hope you enjoy and I apologize!

(Follow my Tumblr )