Drop to Hold You

006

Harry left his room under the invisibility cloak around 9:30 PM, he waited for Malfoy outside where the door of the Room of Requirement would soon form. Malfoy was still dressed. He had worn a suit that day, a wine colored vest beneath it. Harry could never understand his need to be constantly cloaked in luxury, but tonight, he didn't much mind. At least he knew the boy would look good underneath Harry's wand. He got a quite different image in his head than what he meant. Before his cock had a chance to stir, he dropped the cloak. Malfoy gasped in fright and drew his wand. Harry smirked.

"Put it away, Draco," he said gently. He stammered, lowered it, but didn't slip it back into his pocket. His face hardened again.

"What the fuck are you doing here, Potter?" he asked, walking closer to Harry. Harry drew his wand, but kept his hand to his side.

"You know damn well what I'm doing," he said, voice taking on that bitterness. "What are you doing? How's your little mission coming?" Harry taunted. Malfoy's face crumpled a little.

"Fuck you, Potter," his voice was full of pain. "I got your howler." Harry's face fell, and he almost dared put his wand away. He realized how skinny the boy was, the bags under Draco's eyes. "I got your fucking howler, and the one person I trusted was on your fucking side, like always. What are you really doing here?"

"I don't know," Harry said, and it was the truth. He felt guilty, in a sense. All of this nonsense over the past few months and Draco was crumbling from one confrontation. "I guess I came here to stop you, but you don't need stopping."

"You can't fucking stop me anyway, Potter, there is no fucking way," he said, his voice was that usual snotty drawl. A high pitch sound started screaming through the halls. "Fuck!" Draco exclaimed, looking around, panicked. A door formed in the wall, and he and Harry almost shoved each other to get through. "What is that?!" he exclaimed.

"It's a fucking Caterwauling charm, you idiot. So students can't sneak out, activates at ten on holidays," Harry told him. It was then that he took a moment to look around. The room was plain, soft white carpet, and a couch, a hearth, with a carpet in front. Malfoy and he were quiet.

"Why don't you just leave me to my bidding, Potter?" Malfoy asked sourly. "There's nothing you can fucking do."

"I know you don't want to do this, and I'm sure that I can help you, er, with anything that..." Harry trailed off. Malfoy made his way towards the door. "That charm is going to be there til morning, they're probably already looking around. If you stay put, they'll think someone just went to the loo." Malfoy looked defeated and plunked himself down on the couch. "Talk to me. You're fucking skinny, you look disgusting," Harry said, having a seat next to him. Closer than he had meant to but it was too late to fix.

"I don't know why I haven't fucking hexed you, yet, and I don't need saving." Harry didn't know at the time, but that was the last he was going to see of that prick Malfoy. He slipped into Draco, so seamlessly. "I do know why I haven't. You said in your howler that you love me, and only one person has ever said that to me. Why would you say that?" When he met Harry's eyes, he looked like a confused little boy. It made Harry melt, and before he was a complete puddle, he saw that Draco's eyes were wet.

"I meant it, at least, I think I do." Harry blushed, feeling ridiculous. Draco had a look of utter pain on his face.

"You don't even know me," he sputtered. Harry put his hand on Draco's knee. "I'm being so ridiculously weak. I feel so fucking stupid. Sobbing like a faggot in front of the boy who lived."

"I know that you make your body wash, special, in the potions lab after class. I know you read muggle books. I know that you cry at night when you think no one is about. I know you have barely put a fork to your lips since the year began. I know that you don't want to be a Death Eater, and I know that Voldemort" Draco has heard enough at this and broke, sobbing.

"I fucking trusted that git, why would he..." Draco mumbling between his outcries. Harry rubbed Draco's back, and Draco felt stupid for letting it happen, but he did because it had been so long. At least, that's what he told himself.

"I asked him about you constantly. I've been getting myself sick over you," Harry told him. Draco shrunk away.

"That's an elegant way to say you have feelings for someone, Potter. You can stop playing me for a fool," he spat coolly. It made Harry mad.

"You wanna winnow through my fucking memories, Draco? When I saw you get on that train this year, I knew something in you had changed. I knew that you were different, and you looked good. I tried to leave it alone, but I checked the map for you one night, and you were out walking. I checked on you, that was the night I checked on you, and the next, Hermione told me you were up to something. I started counting on Ivan to tell me what you had been up to, because I didn't want to get any closer myself, I didn't know how, I couldn't... I just needed you. I'd stay up late just writhing in fucking pain because I needed you, Draco fucking Malfoy. Go ahead, look in my fucking mind," Harry said. Draco was just staring blankly at him. "I haven't fucking felt like this since Cedric died, and you are gong to deny it?! Are you there when I've cum in my shorts at night? Are you there when I'm sitting at my table in Hall wondering why the fuck you won't eat? I am sick over you, Draco. Elegant enough, you fuck?!" Harry was screaming at him now, and it felt good.

"Well who did you think you were to come ask if I was okay? Do you know what that did to me?!" Draco screamed back, answering it in his mind. It showed me that I wasn't... Draco got in his face, and he was trembling so hard. He wanted to fucking spit at him, but instead, a solitary tear slid down his pale face. Harry wiped it away, and Draco folded into him, trembling and sobbing. "He's gonna.... kill me.." he said between heaves. Harry smoothed his hair out of his face.

"No, Draco. No one is going to touch you." Harry's voice was warm, smooth, dripping down Draco's spine. Harry was unbearably hard, and so was Draco, but he lay there swaddled in Harry's strong arms. It didn't take him long to feel much better, but he stayed there. It had been too long that he'd denied himself this. They stayed up almost all night like that, Harry sometimes rubbing Draco's back as he cried, sometimes Draco staring up into Harry's green eyes, and both of them didn't know what to do other than let it happen.