Lips of Deceit

Seven

Ginger’s POV

It had been two weeks since we’d been in California, hanging out with, literally the greatest group of people we’ve ever met. We’d all instantly bonded and become great friends, I don’t know why, perhaps it was because we all had similar personalities.

The only one I hadn’t bonded with, or really talked to, was Zacky... It was like he was avoiding me or maybe, for some reason unknown to me, he just didn’t like me. Yeah, it sucked because he’s one of my idols, but you have to just get over it, right?

We’d also signed with Warner Bros. to record our next album.

Right now though, I was sitting down the street from the house on a vacant grassy area just thinking about stuff... Today was the 3 year anniversary of my father’s death, and it sucked since I was very close to my father before a drunk driver collided with him as he drove to our family cottage with Jaz and I.

Some how, Jaz and I came out of that with minor injuries... Scratches on both of us, Jaz broke her wrist while I had a concussion and got stabbed through my calf with a piece of metal. My father was hit on his side of the car, his airbag failed and a piece of glass impaled him in the neck... By the time help showed up, he was dead.

“Hey,” someone said softly while I looked down, pulling at a string on the sleeve of my hoodie. I’ve become good at recognizing the boys’ voices and knew it was Jimmy before I even looked up at him.

“Hey,” I said, smiling slightly as he sat beside me on the grass as Matt sat on the other side of me.

“Are you alright?” he asked. “You left before anyone was up, which you never do, and you look really down...”

“We were worried about you kiddo,” Matt said, sliding an arm around my shoulder.

I shrugged before sighing, “Jaz’s and my father died three years ago today...”

“Babe,” Jimmy whispered sympathetically as he hugged me slightly. “I’m so sorry...”

I shrugged again, though I could feel my eyes watering, which I hated.

“My dad died five years ago,” Matt said softly, “so if it helps, I know how you feel... It’s pretty much always going to suck... I wish I could tell you otherwise, but that’s the way it is. When you lose someone you love, it’s always going to hurt.”

I nodded slightly, “He was my best friend. We did everything together... him and I. I mean Jaz obviously loved him, but she was always closer to my mom, which I’m not.”

Matt nodded, “My dad too... He never gave up on me, despite me being such a trouble maker growing up. I was always getting into trouble and my dad never gave up, he always supported me in everything I did...”

Jimmy gave me another hug and a friendly kiss on the cheek before excusing himself to let Matt and I talk.

We ended up talking about our fathers for a few hours... The first few minutes I cried and Matt hugged me and tried to console me before I calmed down and we started sharing stories about our fathers. After talking for so long, I felt a lot better and we decided that we all should go out tonight to get everything off our minds. The last two weeks had been pretty hectic what with practicing for the tour, getting to know each other and everything else.

Matt gave me a piggy-back ride back to the house before I slid off and he went to find Val, and I ran at Jimmy and gave him a big hug.

“Hey hun,” I smiled, still hugging him.

“Feeling better?” he asked with a smile.

“Much better... Thanks, Jimmy,” I smiled.

“No problem,” he grinned before handing me a cup of Starbucks. “I got you a present.”

“Coffee!” I grinned. “What kind?”

“A white mocha latte with two pumps vanilla and half a pump of peppermint,” he answered before taking a sip from his cup. “Same as me. We’re almost the same person now, so I figured you’d like it...”

I laughed. Jimmy was right, he and I were really similar people with the same tastes, and basically are the same person. I took a sip before grinning, “Fucking amazing deliciousness!”

“I know!” he smiled before linking arms with me. “Want to go out to the backyard for a bit?” he asked. “It’s nice and sunny out...”

“It’s always nice and sunny out here,” I laughed, taking another sip. “But sure, let me just find something to eat first?”

He pulled a bag out from behind his back, “Blueberry coffee cake?”

“My favorite thing in the world,” I smirked, hugging him, “thank you, sweetie!”

“Not a problem,” he smiled. “Do I know you or what?”

“It’s scary how well you know me,” I smiled as we headed out back, passing Zacky as we did so.

He put out a nearly full cigarette before heading inside the second he saw us. I didn’t say anything until we sat down at the table to chat and hangout.

“Do you know what Zacky’s issue with me is?” I asked after a bite of my food.

Jimmy shrugged, “No... I think he’s just being a bit immature...”

I could tell by his tone that was he meant was, Yes, but I can’t tell you... and, He’s beingsuper immature...

I shrugged, not pressing the issue any further as we started to chat and joke around.