‹ Prequel: Can You Love Me?
Sequel: Iris
Status: Slow and Steady for now

I Don't Care If You're Contagious

Bulletproof Love

The next morning I woke up much earlier than Jaime. It was only ten in the morning but downstairs I head someone moving around so I decided to go downstairs and check. I slipped Jaime’s arms off of me and snuck out of bed. I threw on some pajama pants and tank top and tip toed my way downstairs. When I got down there Mom was down there hustling and bustling about with pots and pans. When she turned around she slowed down upon seeing me. I waved a friendly wave a flashed a small smile at her. “Ah, you’re up?” She said.
“Yes mam’.” I said.
“Good. Would you like to help me make breakfast? The men will be up soon.” She said. I did like to cook and I could do it fairly well so why not?
“Sure. Sounds like fun.” I said. She smiled.
“Alright, you can do the bacon, eggs, and-”
“Oh, I have an idea. At home my mom was from the South but she showed me a food called grits and they’re really good.” I said and she nodded.
“Cook em’ up then!” She said smiling and I smiled back. For those who don’t know what grits are, they are simply ground up corn kernels boiled in water. But they were white. When I was younger I always thought it was just extra boiled rice. I smiled at that. I wonder if my kid was gonna think that about grits cause they sure were gonna eat them. I wondered what they would look like. What they would like. I wonder if Kellin would let them play with Copeland. I wondered so many things about the baby. The more I wondered the more excited I got. I went over to the pan and got some eggs and cracked them open ion a bowl. I put pepper and salt in them and whisked them. Then poured them in the pan and scrambled them. Next I put some bacon in another pan and fried it up. Last I put the dry grits in a pot and let them boil. Soon they were done and I melted some butter in them. I swear me and Mom had made a buffet or a banquet for only 4 people. In a few moments the guys came down just as Mom was finishing up. “Wow,” Said Jaime. “Never thought I’d see you cook food. Well, good looking food.” He said.
“Wow, this does look great.” Said Dad. We had made bacon, eggs, pancakes, sausage, grits, waffles, omelets, hash browns, and hopped up some bananas and strawberries. Dad came down and kissed mom on the forehead. Jaime done the same to me. We all sat down as Mom got some plates and passed them around. I took my plate and got a little bit of everything. Jaime saw the grits and asked, “Mom what’s this?”
“Oh, those are a Southern dish called grits. It’s boiled ground corn kernels with butter. Or you can put cheese in it too.” I said and started eating.
“Alright,” Said Jaime tasting it. “Wow, it’s pretty good. Not bad.” He said smiling.
“Jaime, where is your shirt?” Mom asked.
“Um, upstairs.” Jaime said.
“Why didn’t you put it on?” Mom said.
“Because everyone here has seen me without a shirt on.” He said laughing.
“Fair enough.” Mom said. We ate breakfast and later we set up the baby’s room. “Wow, this looks good Jaime.” I said to him.
“Thank you.” He said. I gave him a small kiss on the forehead. The days went on the same pretty much and soon we were back on tour again. Mom and Dad and I had gotten pretty close so much so to the point I almost cried when I had to leave them. We’d seen Nat and the guys quite a bit on the break but no too much. I didn’t mind though because in about two more months I was gonna see what gender the baby was and Jaime and I could stop calling the baby ‘it’.

-2 Months Later-
5 Months Prego and I was extremely fat already. I had gotten quite nervous along the way. Right now me and Jaime were on our way to go see if the baby was a girl or a boy. We were un New Jersey and the doctors wasn’t too far away so we decided just to walk there. Along the way Jaime had told me he hoped it would be a girl and so did I. Even if it was a boy we’d still love him. When we got in the doctors office we checked in and waited for a while. When the doctor called us back we were nervous. They done the scan thing and looked at the baby. “Wow, that’s gonna be a chunky baby.” Said the Doctor smiling. It was a female with auburn hair and warm brown eyes. “But it’s gonna be very pretty considering it’s a baby girl.” She said looking at us. She must have seen my reaction because she said, “And I’m guessing that’s what you were hoping for.” She said still smiling, Jaime had his fist in the air and a huge smile on his face. I had a big smile on my face too. “Also one more thing. This is gonna be an early baby I can already tell. Now the higher ups would tell me to tell you that the baby would be here sometime in Early to Mid January but from the looks it seems like Mid to Late December.” She said and I nodded. “But the doctors will take care of you wherever you are delivering.” She said and we nodded. She gave us our papers and escorted us out of the room. Soon we were back on our way to the bus and I heard my phone ring and felt it vibrate in the pocket of my jacket. I took a look at it and seen who I’d expected it to be. My ex, Jonathan. He’d been bothering me lately but I’d just been ignoring him so this wasn’t going to be different. Tonight the guys were having a get together after the concert but we were going to be doing it outside in the parking lot. There were going to be some fans there and I’d told the girl that had come up to me a long time ago she should come. That’s I’d personally invited her to it. Mia was such a sweet girl. I wanted to see her again. I’d been texting her a lot lately and we’d gotten closer so much so that I thought of her as more of a really good friend more than a fan. And she talked to me just as a friend. I appreciated it. Tonight was going to be a fun night.

-Tonight-
The concert was over and I’d done the usual. Wait on one of the amps on stage, greeted fans and all that. But now it was time for the get together we all knew was actually a party. I’d met up with Mia and seen she’d dyed her hair Lime Green. “Nice hair Keylime.” I said to her as a greeting. She sucked in a small breath.
“Natalya!” She said and hugged me. I put my arms around her.
“Hey there!” I said.
“How are you?” She asked.
“Good how are you?” I asked back.
“Doing good.” She said. We’d talked about a lot of her problems over the phone. She rolled up her sleeve. Her cuts were almost completely gone. Only small white scars were left behind.
“Wow, I’m so proud of you Mia!” I said hugging her again.
“It’s all thanks to you.” She said smiling.
“Well, that makes me happy.” I said. “Now let’s go to this party.” I said.

At the party it was so fun. Mia and I were walking around. “How’s the baby doing? Is it a boy or a girl?” Mia asked.
“Jaime and I just found out today that it’s a girl.” I said walking with some water in my hand. I had stopped drinking because I had the baby in my stomach now and it actually felt a lot I actually felt a lot better than I thought I would. About an hour later while walking with Jaime now I seen someone who I knew from somewhere. Like really knew. They had long light blond hair and they were tall and lean. Despite knowing them I just kept on walking with Jaime. He had his arm around me and soon we were at the guy who I knew. He turned and I saw his face. I gasped and my hand flew to my mouth. “What’s wrong?” Asked Jaime. The guy just stared at me smiling. A sarcastic smile. A horrible one. One that I knew all too well. He was standing next to Justin Hills. They must have been talking.
“Well, hey there baby girl.” Said Jonathan.

“Why are you here?” I asked.
“Who are you?” Asked Jaime.
“Oh sorry. You must be her new toy. Jaime Preciado from Pierce The Veil right?” He said holding out his hand. Jaime reluctantly took it. I kept my distance from.
“What’s wrong?” Asked Justin.
“Answer me. Why are you here?” I said again this time more aggressively. “How did you know where I was?” I asked.
“Amber.” He said smiling. No wonder. I hate her. I hate her more than I’ve ever hated anyone at the moment.
“Um, once again who are you?” Asked Jaime.
“Oh, sorry. My names Jonathan. Natalya hasn’t told me about you? I’m her ex boyfriend.” He said. Jaime didn’t look too happy anymore.
“Oh she’s told me about you. Why are you here?” Jaime asked. Jonathan put his hands in the air.
“No need to get hostile. I’m here just to see my baby.” Jonathan said pointing to my stomach. No way. He was insane. I cut my eyes at him. He didn’t smell right.
“You’re high.” I said to him simply. “And drunk.” I said making a face at his smell.
“Aw, don’t be like that.” He slurred coming closer to me.
“Get away from her.” Said Jaime.
“Really man. Can I just give her a hug?” Jonathan said.
“I think he said no.” Said Justin.
“Dude, no one was talking to you.” Said Jonathan.
“Leave.” I said. I didn’t want to see him anymore. It brought back bad memories. Things I didn’t want to remember. Ever. He opened his arms.
“Just one hug.”
“No,” I pointed to the door. “Leave.” I said. “I you don’t so help me I will hurt you right now Jonathan.” I said to him. Justin looked shocked.
“Look man, can you just leave?” Jaime said. He went up to Jaime and pushed him. Jaime pushed him back and soon it was an all out fight. I had no idea what to do. I couldn’t just let them fight like this. Jaime punched Jonathan in the jaw. By now everyone was looking. Alex Gaskarth was behind me with a beer bottle. ”What happened?” He asked me.
“Can I use this?” I asked no waiting for a reply. I took Alex’s beer bottle and ran up to Jonathan just as he hit Jaime in the face and I done what I’d seen done in movies thousands of times. I hit him over the head with the beer bottle just as he bent over. Jonathan went down like a sinking ship. When he was down everyone cheered. Jaime looked up at me a gradual smile coming on his face. I smiled at him and shrugged. Justin and Alex came up behind me beer bottles in the air (Yes, Alex already had another one) cheering loudly like the rest of the crowd. “That was my beer bottle!” Alex shouted and I laughed. Jaime came up and hugged and kissed me.
“Thank you.” He said.
“No problem.” I said smiling.
“I seriously fear if this child is going to be as sly and dangerous as Natalya!” I head Kellin yell. A wave of laughter went around. “Wait! Wait! Everyone wait!” Kellin said and the crowd went silent after a moment. “Okay, now this is the real question. What do we do with him Natalya?” Kellin asked and all eyes were on me but I already had an answer.
“Drag him out on the sidewalk and leave him there to wake up.” I said and everyone cheered. I ended up getting his head and Jaime got his feet. He carried him outside to the sidewalk and the Bouncers looked at us like we were crazy. “He’s fine he just got hit with a beer bottle for starting a fight.” I said walking past them and I seen Jaime shrug and smile as we went back to the party. After about an hour Jaime was still with me and he was still sober. We were sitting at a small table with some friends. Mainly Justin, Alex, Kellin, Jesse, Vic, Mike, Tony, and Nat when Jaime asked me a question. “So can I ask you a serious question?” Jaime asked.
“Of course.” I said.
“Um, I don’t know how to say this but…after the baby was born,” His face got red.
“Yes…?” I said motioning for him to keep going.
“Would you marry me after the baby was born?” He asked and everyone’s jaws had dropped including mine. They were all looking at me. I didn’t know what to say. Well, I did but the words were stuck in my throat. I was so happy.
“Really?” I asked.
“Yes, really.” Jaime said nervously. Everyone was still looking at me. I was so happy right now no words could express it.
“Oh my god. Yes! Of course!” I said. Everyone at the table cheered. Even little Mia who was on the other side of me. Jaime’s smiled was so wide it almost didn’t fit his face. He stood up pulling me up with him and hugging me.
“Yes. You said yes.” He said.
“Of course I said yes. Why wouldn’t I?” I said putting my face in his neck. He just kept his grip on me tightly.
“Jaime’s getting married!” I heard Vic shout and now everyone in the crowd was cheering. Wow, tonight was a good night. Tonight was a great night actually. Tonight was the best night of my life in fact.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and tell me what you think! Thanks for reading!