Status: Completed.

Far from Home.

Works Hard, The Day's Too Long.

Brian took off his hard hat, using the back of his hand to wipe the sheen layer of sweat from his forehead. He took out his iPhone - A present from Emily on their one year anniversary - And checked the time.

7:57.

A grin spread across his face,"Hey, Ron!," Brian called to a coworker who'd he'd became very close with since moving here,"I'm clockin' out!" Ron nodded, bidding him a goodnight as Brian punched his card, before checking his missed texts which were, most likely, from Emily. She was the only one to text him while he was at work - All of his other newly made friends worked the same schedule as he did. Early in the morning to late at night with the weekend off.

Typing in his quick lock code 1982 - Emily's birth year - Brian that Emily had sent him just two texts. The first text read:

"Guess who kicked for the first time..."

And attached was a picture of Emily's bare four month pregnant stomach. Brian smiled widely, reading the second text which was sent just a few hours ago.

"We love you."

Brian got into his SUV, tossing his hardhat in the passengers seat. He buckled up and made the forty five minute drive home - Which turned out to be an hour drive in the morning, since everyone else left at almost the exact same damn time.

Upon arriving home, the lights in the little one story house were still on. The brunette man shut off his vehicle, idling in the driveway for a little while. He enjoyed being a middle class working man more than he ever thought he would. Minimum wage in a small town like this was almost the same as being a millionaire in California. Everything was affordable, there wasn't any gossip floating around, and most importantly, people minded their own business. Neighbors were nice - They welcomed Brian and Emily to the neighborhood with open arms (and great food).

Ron, who lived just a few houses down from them, got Brian a job in the same construction company as him. They spent half the day together, building, tearing down, and reconstructing. Sure, it's what Brian had did for a while before the band had taken off, but it was also something he knew - Like the back of his hand.

Emily had made some friends as well. But now that she was pregnant, she made the move to sort of alienate herself from them. She still talked to them over the phone, but physically, she spent most of her time at home, waiting for the baby to come out.

A content and happy sigh left Brian's lips as he got out of his SUV. He trudged up the two steps to their front door, unlocking it. He pushed the door open and stepped inside, making sure to lock it behind him.

Hearing her boyfriend's heavy footsteps, Emily got out of bed and walked down the hallway, meeting Brian in the restroom as he washed today's grime from his face.

She smiled softly. "How was work?"

Brian looked up, returning her smile. "Same old, same old. Nearly done with building the new library, thank God."

"Still having trouble with cementing the bricks and not your hands?" Emily grinned as Brian dried his face off. He chuckled.

"Old habits die hard, babe," He threw the towel into the hamper,"Besides, I owe Ron big time. He took care of the wall I was supposed to work on today. When the library's done, we get to move onto cementing down a parking lot and such - That shit, I'm good at. I can do that. I have the patience for cementing on the ground and making sure it's even. Anyways, how was your day?" Brian closed the space between them, his hands going to her stomach.

She wasn't too big yet but she did have an evident stomach. And it was a firm one, too.

"It was boring," Emily sighed, hugging Brian,"I woke up around noon, ate to my little heart's desire, watched some Maury, and then fell asleep. Woke back up at about six, went to go pee, and that's when I felt the baby kick. Did you get the picture?" She looked up at him.

"Of course I did," He pressed a kiss to her lips before getting to his knee's. He lifted up Emily's shirt, pressing multiple kisses to her stomach,"And I love you both, too."

Emily pulled him back to his feet, her smile was as wide as could be. "You're so sweet. And sweaty," Brian laughed as her face contorted into a small hint of disgust, she must've finally taken in his reek,"Go take a shower, stinky, and then you can join me and the baby in bed. We'll be waiting for you."

"Don't fall asleep on me." He winked, teasing her. The last time she'd said she'd wait for him in bed, Brian made sure to take the quickest five minute shower of his life. He'd reached the bedroom in nothing but a towel and Emily was fast asleep.

"Well... Take quicker showers!" She tried to rack her brain for a comeback, but found nothing.

"Maybe you should take a shower with me - Make sure I clean myself right."

Brian grabbed Emily's hand, towing her towards him,"No sex," She warned him; Her back ached heavily,"Just a nice and innocent shower."

"S'all I wanted." Brian kissed her softly, before pulling away. He began to undress her, throwing her cotton blue shirt onto the floor. His mind quickly danced itself into the gutter when he noticed she wasn't wearing a bra,"Babe.. How do you expect an innocent shower with no sex, when you come at me like this?"

"I'm pregnant, they get sore if they're held back by a bra!" Emily laughed as Brian tried his hardest to ignore Emily's vulnerable breasts.

Don't you dare do it, Haner. She's pregnant, and she's giving up an opportunity to be resting in bed, to give you a damn shower. Don't be a douche, don't you dare fucking do it.

Thankful for his one lucky star, Brian managed to undress Emily completely without touching her in any way. A sigh of relief left his lips as Emily smiled - She was obviously proud of him for pushing against his sexual desires - And moved past him, turning on the shower. She stepped inside, probably lathering up a wash rag.

Slowly, Brian undressed himself, trying to stop the blood from rushing south.

Nuns. Really old nuns. Betty White. Oprah. Barbara Bush-There we go.

Successfully, Brian had delved into his thoughts to stop his hormones from paying his friend downstairs a visit. He stepped into the shower and Emily began to wash him with one hand, her other hand delicately massaging away at the stress in his neck.

"Magic hands," Brian moaned softly, letting his head drop forward.

Emily smiled softly, pressing a kiss to his shoulder blade as the water rinsed off the body scrub. She sympathized for him. He had to work five days a week, eight hours a day - Sometimes, twelve hours, like he did today. He'd come home exhausted beyond belief.

"Play sick tomorrow," She whispered, scrubbing his lower back with the wash cloth,"Have a three day weekend with the baby and I. Please."

Today was Thursday, and Brian wasn't sure he'd be able to handle another day working on the brick wall for the library. It didn't take much thought, before Brian nodded, putting a hand on the wall to steady himself as Emily massaged his shoulder a little harder - The tension was melting away under her fingertips.

Emily turned Brian around, washing his chest and stomach.

"You're so good to me," He smiled softly, tilting her chin up,"You've given me your love, you're giving me a child, and you're giving up your relaxing time to help me relax. I love you, Em." Brian pressed his lips to hers in a gentle, heart felt kiss. He'd never taken the time to thank her for everything he had blessed her with - Everything she was going to bless him with. In five months, Brian was going to be a father. In five months, Brian was going to have a family. In five months, Brian was going to have what he'd been missing.

He cupped her face, savoring the kiss for a few seconds. He pulled away before his hormones could act on what was happening.

Emily had the biggest smile on her face. "I love you too, Brian." She grabbed the shampoo, lathering up Brian's hair before doing the same with the conditioner. With his brown eyes, Brian watched her carefully, taking in her every move and comparing it to the way she used to move when she wasn't pregnant. She definitely had a new glow about her. Even with the aches and pains of being pregnant, Emily seemed happier. Maybe she'd been missing what Brian had been missing... But she didn't know it. And maybe she'd found it in Brian.

A smile graced his face.

"All done." Emily's voice spoke up, as she washed the last of the coconut conditioner from his hair. Brian shook his head, getting water all over Emily as she turned off the shower,"Brian! Baby, stop!" She laughed.

He grinned and helped her out of the shower so she wouldn't slip. He wrapped a towel around both her and himself, before scooping the pregnant beauty in his arms, taking her to the bedroom. Emily held onto his neck tightly as he set her down. She wouldn't let go.

"Babe," Brian laughed softly,"I gotta get us some clothes to sleep in."

She shook her head,"We can sleep in the towels," She murmured,"Come lay down with me, I'm tired. Please? Pretty please?" Brian's heart tugged him into the bed. He pulled the blankets over them, making sure Emily was tucked in tightly before he wrapped his arms around her. She pressed a kiss to his chest before cuddling into him, falling asleep almost on cue.

Brian laughed quietly, kissing her hair. "Goodnight, beautiful." He whispered. "I love you and our baby so much, I can't wait to officially be a dad. It's going to be so great. I can already imagine it."
♠ ♠ ♠
The long waited sequel! :D
Well, not really long.
More like... What?
Three days?
Four - FIVE at the MOST!
But, yeah!
I got the most perfect - Well... Depends how you view certain things - Idea for the sequel.
It's R Rated for a reason - There won't be any smut until veeery later chapters.
Also: I get the feeling some of you are going to google Montana to see what it's famous for.
DOOOOOOOOOOOON'T, that'll ruin the story!
I mean, if you already did, then shame on you, but I hope you didn't find the answer.
Here's a hint to get your mind jogging though:
Montana was second on the list for this in 2010.
;)