Status: This was a dream. Not quite sure about it.

Seven Devils

Un

Fleur held her small brunette daughter, Raina, close to her body as she unlocked the door to the home she shared with her boyfriend. Entering the house, she easily picked up on the familiar metallic smell of blood. The french woman held her baby closer to herself as she walked into the small living room. She let out a loud shriek of grief that woke the child. Fleur bit her tongue and sat Raina behind the couch. Walking back around and letting the sobs shake her body, Fleur kneeled next to the love of her long life. His dark brown eyes no longer held the spark of life, but were glazed over.

“Henry,” Fleur choked out and pulled out the knife that the killer left in his chest.

She heard their daughter screaming from her place behind the couch, but Fleur tuned Raina out. She ran her blood covered hands through her dark blonde hair, staining the strands with the metallic crimson. Fleur knew exactly why Henry was murdered.

They wanted Raina and herself.

She fed on the sexual energy of males. A succubus.

She was born into this life in 1624 as a human by an incubus father and a human mother. After her father was killed when she was twenty-three, her immortal life began.

A succubus was valuable to many creatures since they could convince a person to do nearly anything with the bat of an eyelash. Fleur was on the run for years, and she finally thought she was free. Crawling over to the wall mounted phone, she punched in the number that was embedded into her brain.

“I need your help,” She whispered after the person answered.


********************

Raina stood at the top of the stairs with a frown as she attempted to eavesdrop on her mother’s frantic, yet quiet conversation. She could hear Fleur let out a long sigh and slam her cellphone on the counter. Deciding to make her presence known, the twenty-two year old trotted down the stairs.

Fleur looked up as Raina entered the kitchen.

“I have to stay late tonight,” Raina said as she grabbed orange juice from the fridge, “Gretchen wanted me to work her shift tonight.”

Fleur nodded and kissed her daughter’s cheek. It would be an odd sight for most people. Fleur could barely pass for twenty-six and here she was kissing and cuddling her twenty-two year old daughter.

“Remember, Raina,” Fleur reminded seriously, “if anything happens to me, yo-”

Raina cut her mother off. “I pack what I can in my car, burn the house, and drive to Portland or something to find some vampire.”

“It’s Seattle,” Fleur scolded, “and his name is Bryn.”

The leggy brunette rolled her eyes. “You still treat me like a child! I’m only here because you’re so damn adamant about it!”

The blonde mother narrowed her eyes. “It’s to keep you safe!”

“Since when have you kept me safe?” Raina yelled, “my entire life you’ve been so focused on running that you were never a mother!”

Hurt passed over Fleur’s face but Raina didn’t stick around to see it. She sighed when she heard Raina speed away.

Raina definitely had a temper to match her’s.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had a dream about this last night, except it was set in true blood. Since I suck worse at fanfictions, this was what happened.

There will be quite a few flashbacks in this story, so italics are those.

I studied up on succubi, but I'm going to put my own spin on things.