Status: I've only just started this story so chapters will be going up between 1 or 2 weeks for chapters to be put up

At No Ends

Chapter 1

With every family, there are problem. Some have more problem than enough. The Foster have had there fair share of them. Having lost both parents, the 8 of them had to look out for one another. 3 girls and 5 boys. Jonathan being the oldest had to be the one that would take them all on, he’d only been 19 when his mother and father had died when he had to take on the big reasonability for looking out for each and everyone of his brothers and sisters. Now being at the age of 29, it had been 10 years to the day that he had to take on his family. He’s the smart type, always likes to think ahead first, and can fight. He’d taken on most of his fathers good looks also, the dark curly hair, blue eyes, falling around 6 foot 2 inches, broad shoulders. Johnathan hadn’t only taken on looking after the family though, he’d also had the job of training them for what had to come out in the world. And I’m not just talking about your everyday life stuff here. No, the life of fighting the demons of the night. The demons that had killed there parents. Vampires.

This family aren’t your everyday family, no, they vampire hunters that have had to fight what them must. Not just to save and protect one another. No, it is also to protect man kind too. Keeping the existents of vampires and anything of the night from being exposited.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Lucinda, the youngest of the 8, fell back onto the floor in the basement, then looking up at her brother, Jonathan, who held out his hand for her.

“If I’ve told you ones, I’ve told you a million times. Keep your eyes open…”

She pushed her bangs and long black hair back from her face and grabbed his hand. He pulled her to her feet and she stepped away from him.

“Yeah, yeah. I’m trying.” she patted down her legs then looked towards the stairs to see her sisters and brother, Henry, Helen and Bethany, sitting on the stairs. The triplets got very annoying when they were all together. Henry had blonde hair like Benjamin, brown eyes like his mothers. Helen and Bethany look identical, blonde hair and brown eyes, and both pregnant, Beth being 6 months and Hell only being 4 months, they all seemed to lie at the same height 5 foot 6 inches. It was hard to get them away from one another, apart from on a night.

“Your not trying hard enough…” Jonathan grabbed her arm and pulled her to face him. “Your never going to be able to be with the rest of us if you don’t keep try…”

Lucinda pulled her arm out of his grip and headed up the stairs to the kitchen, pushing herself past the other. She hit the door as she entered the kitchen then grabbed a bottle of water out of the fridge.

“Ooo, Johnny being hard on you Luce…” Benjamin, the second oldest with only two years different between him and Jonathan, he also looked like there father, but the different was that his height and hair, his hair being blonde and he fell around 5 foot 7 inches, he’s a wiz around a computer and could pretty much find you anything you need. He came up behind her and placed a protective hand on her shoulder.

“Just a bit…” she turned and hugged her big brother. “Why does he do that? He’s not like that with any of you guys.”

He rubbed her back and held her tight. He understood what was going through his brothers head. He did it to protect her. “Because you’re the youngest and the other two girls stay at home all the time…”

“That’s only because they’ve got buns in the oven.”

“Yeah, but even before then, they stayed home. They were scared to fight. They didn’t want to end up like…” silent’s fell for a moment between them. The words hung in the air. Like mom and dad. “You’re… you’re the one who wants to be out there. Jonny, just doesn’t understand what happened that night. You never told him, you only told me.”

“He would never understand me… not even if I told him about the night mom and dad died.”

Ben kissed the told of her head “I’m sure he would understand… someday.”

Luce hugged him tight then drank from her bottle. Jonny then entered the kitchen.

“Ben, leave please…” Ben nodded and left, leaving his baby sister with his big brother.

“What Jonathan…?” Luce didn’t even look at her brother, instead she lent against the kitchen side, looking out the kitchen window. She really didn’t want to hear what he had to say.

“Why did you walk out of training?”

She held up her bottle. “I needed a drink.”

“Your lying. You just can’t take it that your not getting any of this. You never have. Dad was right about women, they should stay at home where there safe…”

Luce dropped the bottle and ran at her brother, pinning him to the wall.

“Dad would never say anything like that. He loved the fact that him and mom would go out and fight together.”

“That’s what you thought… but dad was always to scared that she was going to get killed. He never wanted her to go with him.” Luce then punched him and he fell down the wall. “Oh look, you got angry…”

Ben then came running in, followed by the triplets. “What going on?”

“Mom was a fighter. Till the end.” she the ran out of the room.

“Jonny, what did you do to her?”

He wiped the blood from his nose on the back of his hand. “I got her angry, she is to claim all the time. She was to claim when mom and dad died, and I had to do it.” Johnny stood up and took a deep breath.

“You don’t know what is going on with her, what’s going on in her head, you never have. You were never there for her when she needed you…”

“Yes I am, I’m the one training her. I’ve been around her more than any of you.”

“Yeah, you maybe training her, but you’ve never sat down and talked to her…” Ben yelled at him. “You’ve never had to listen to her cry, see her at her worst. You never laid with her every night while she had nightmares. You only saw her when it suited you. You were like this with everyone of us. You never wanted to train her because she was a girl. Beth and Hell never did any training with you, because they could see that you didn’t want to train with them. You only wanted to train the rest of us. You weren’t there when mom and dad were killed, you were out with your dame mates. All of us where in the basement apart from Luce. Luce was in mom and dad’s room hiding from the dame bloodsuckers that killed them. She saw it all happen. Every single thing. She was lucky that she had the cross around her neck and garlic around her so they couldn’t get to her and kill her too. She is more determined than any of us because she was there, she wants to be out there, finding and killing the murdering bloodsuckers. She was the last to see mom and dad alive, and they died right in front of her eyes.” then Ben ran after Luce.

Jonny stood there looking towards the kitchen door before looking at the triplets. “Leave…” they left the room and he was left alone.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Lace on the other hand, was laid on her bed looking through her mom and dad’s photo album as the tears ran down her face. She could hear her brother, Ben, heading towards her room then a knock.

“Lace, can I come in.”

“Yeah…” she muffled.

Her door opened slowly and Ben lent against the frame, watching her as she turned the next page in the album.

“I wish they were still here.”

“We all wish that, Lace”

Sitting up slowly, Lace wiped away her tears. “Things… would have been so much easier.” she mumbled as Ben finally made his way over to the bed to sit next to her. He knew it was harder on her than anyone. She saw it all. The blood, the tearing of the skin as the vampires turned then limb for limb after drinking ever last drop of blood. It made him worry about her all the more, knowing what she had seen 10 years go. It had pulled his sister apart. That’s why she was the way she was. She never cried in front of the others. Only him. He’d been the closest to her all these years. The only one who would listen. He’d been through the rough nights with her. Just like a big brother should.

“Non of this would have happened.” Lace fell into her brothers arms and began crying again.

“I know Lace.” He held tightly on to her as she sobbed into his shoulder.

Ben did the only thing he could do, hold on to her. Just like when she’d reach breaking point with life. She was a fighter. She wasn’t one for showing her emotions.

“I… I just… I can’t handle him being like this. All… all intense all the time. I try so hard in training. I fight just as hard to be like you guys, but he doesn’t get it.”

“He… erm… he might now.”

Luce pulled out of his arms and looked at him. “What? You told him…? Why? Why would you do that? I wanted you keep that just between us. All that pain of seeing what happen, scared that they would come after me next because of what I saw.” Luce moved off of her bed and headed over to the wall, punching it hard. “Your meant to be the brother that I could go to and you would keep it to yourself.”

Ben got up of the bed and grabbed hold of her. “Luce, stop, okay… I know what…”

“Don’t you dare say you know what its like.” Lace spat at him “You don’t know…”

“You told me. You told me everything and I was there for you when you needed a shoulder to cry on. I still am. I got so angry at Johnny for starting on you and it just slip out. everything came out about mom and dad, and that night.”

“But you had no right.” she mumbled, but she’d turned around and hugged to Ben anyway.

“I’m sorry sis.”

“I… I think I should go and say sorry to Johnny. I think I broke his nose.”

“He’ll be fine… right now, you just need to have sometime away from him.”

“Then I’ll just sleep…” she said, mostly to herself than him.

“Okay. Sleep well.” Ben kissed her head and left the room. Leaving her to get some rest. Luce headed back over to her bed, laid down, closed her eyes slowly and drifter off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a first draft, if there's any gramma or spelling problem's can you tell me. I'm trying my best with me dyslexia.