‹ Prequel: Serendipity.

Blue Moon.

Thing About You.

Arianna

Ma Fleur played softly in the background as I twirled my the dog tags between my fingers. The metal was cold compared to my skin, a shiver went up my spine. I leant back to from my position on the love seat to come face to face with Isaac. He grabbed my feet and sat down then placed them into his lap.

"Penny for your thoughts?" He asked with a shy smile.

I looked back down at the dog tags in my hand, they clinked softly as raised them to my eye level. Isaac furrowed his brows in confusion.

"These were my uncle's."

"Were?" He asked softly eyeing me with a sad expression.

I nodded in response.

"He was fighting in Iraq when he was shot, they followed the trail of blood, but they only found his dog tags. They never found him after that." I ran my fingers over his name and closed my eyes.

"Today's the anniversary of the day he disappeared…" My voice was barely above a whisper.

Isaac slowly moved me until his arms were wrapped around me. I laid my head in the crook of his arm still playing with the dog tags while he played with my hair.

"It's just so crazy to me that one day someone is here, and the next day… they're gone. He was my mom's only relative that spoke with us. When he enlisted my mom was really mad, she said she had a bad feeling about it, but he told her he wanted to be remembered in a good way. He wanted me to always remember him as someone that cared about others. After my mom died my dad was trying to get himself together my uncle was my rock. Then one day he was just gone…"

"What was his name?"

"Quinten, Quinten Riviera."

Ten Years Ago. . .

"Uncle Quin!" I exclaimed as I ran into my uncle's arms.

"Oh, you're getting heavy, munchkin." He stated with a chuckle as he held me against his chest.

He kissed my cheeks chastely and placed me on the ground before giving my dad one of those…. guy hugs. I don't know what they're called, but Scott and Stiles try to imitate it a lot. My dad and uncle sat down at the table and whispered to each other while glancing at me every now and then. Their whispers were rushed and too low for me to spy on. i pouted softly then decided to intervene.

"Why do you guys keep whispering? When the girls in my class do that they're usually talking about me… or some boy." I said placing a hand on my hip.

"We're talking about grown up stuff, Sweetheart. Just give us a few minutes and maybe we'll go get some ice cream okay?" My uncle kissed my forehead softly before patting me on the back to urge me to leave the room.

I pouted even more and glared at them from the living room. I wasn't that young, I could understand grown up stuff, besides boys were stupid anyway so how hard could it be to understand their conversation.

Later on my uncle took me out for ice cream as promised. We ordered out usual, mint chocolate chip for him and brownie sundae for me, then sat out front and ate. Summer near its end and the wind was whipping around us. A storm was about to come in.

"Anna Banana."

I giggled and looked at my uncle, his smile was soft, but it didn't reach his eyes. I put down the spoon and furrowed my brows.

"What's wrong?"

He sighed and ran a hand over his face.

"I'm leaving soon, and I'm afraid I won't be back for a while."

I felt tears pricking my eyes as I looked at him. I frowned deeply.

"How long is a while?"

"Three years, I just got assigned onto a tour and we leave in two days." He frowned, and I let the tears spill over.

"But you'll come back right?" I pleaded and attempted to wipe away the tears.

"Of course, Baby girl. I'll be by your side until you graduate high school. I'll ward off those crappy guys and punch them when they break your heart, I'll see you off to prom, and I'll help you write your valedictorian speech before your graduation day." He grinned kissing my tear stained cheeks.

"You promise?"

"I promise."


I burrowed my face into Isaac's chest and held the necklace close to my heart. I couldn't be sad because Christmas was on it's way, and things are safe. For once in our lives I think we'll have a happy time back in Beacon Hills.

Third Person

For now things are safe in Sacramento, but in Beacon Hills trouble was brewing. Someone was plotting once again, and a storm was on the horizon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Arianna

Sorry for the late update guys!!

Love ya!,

Gabriella :)