‹ Prequel: Serendipity.

Blue Moon.

Ghosts and Ghouls.

Arianna

My dad and Isaac were bonding over guns at a shooting range, much to Isaac's dismay, so I was left alone. I laid around and watched Grey's Anatomy then I called the gang but everyone was up to something. In the end I got up and showered then decided to go for a walk. My walk began around the old school then I drifted to the park I used to play in as a kid. Before I knew it I was in the Nature Preserve where everything began.
I found an old bench and sat down. I had time to waste and the breeze felt nice despite the frigid temperatures. I kicked up some leaves with the toe of my vans then got up and walked some more. Along the trail I found a little deer so I squatted eye level to get a better look at it.

"So cute." I grinned before reaching into my purse to grab my phone for a picture.

When I looked back up the deer was prancing away causing me to pout.

"Such a waste of a good picture-"

I stopped in mid sentence when I noticed a familiar face daring at me. The air left my lungs while we stared at each other, and I could feel the blood draining. In a shock I stumbled backwards and fell into the leaves my eyes still staring into his bright green eyes, I could never forget those eyes. Snow flurries intercepted my view and the fight or flight response hit me. I shot up from the ground and bolted forward with no regard to where I was running. The snow pelted my face and my lungs burned. When the tears started to form I closed my eyes and ran for dear life until I was stopped by a pair of arms.

"No! Stop! You're dead! You're not here! You're dead, dead!!" I screamed pounding my fist against the man's chest.

"ARIANNA!"

I took a deep shaky breath and looked up at Peter Hale. I took a deep breath and allowed my knees to give away from under me. Peter held my shoulders and looked around before yelling for Derek. I zoned out, I could only feel myself shaking as Derek carried me into his house.

"I think I saw a ghost..." I trailed off and shuddered.

Derek and Peter looked at each other then back at me.

Image

"You saw what?" My dad gaped at me.

I sighed and pulled he blanket Isaac had put on me over my head. No matter how many times I said it my dad just didn't get it, he didn't believe.

"I saw Uncle Quin!" I yelled in exasperation.

Isaac grabbed my hand to comfort me while Scott and Stiles just stared at each other. When Derek called my dad to pick me up he called Scott and Stiles in a worried fit thinking they had something to do with my 'adventure'.

"Arianna, your uncle is dead." He said for the millionth time.

"They never found his body." I countered.

He glared at me and sighed running a hand over his face.

"Sweetheart, I find it very hard to believe that after all of these years he would pop up in Beacon Hills reserve. That's absurd to even think of."

"You never even looked for him..."

"What was I supposed to do-"

"Mom, would have looked for him! He was her brother! My uncle! And we just accepted their story and moved on without him!"

The room went silent and my dad just stared at me, his face was void of any expression. Finally he sighed in exasperated by everything.

"I know you loved him, but I can't bring him back to life for you, Ari, I just can't. Your uncle is dead and , Baby girl, I wish it wasn't true, but he's dead."

I nodded and leaned into Isaac's embrace. Scott and Stiles gave my dad a look, giving him the okay to leave me with them, and soon he walked out of the door. I stared at the floor blankly.

"I saw him, I've been seeing him."

"What? You've been seeing him?" Scott furrowed his brows.

"I swear I'm not going crazy, I tried to ignore it in the beginning, but it's happened two times and if it happens again-"

"Then it's a pattern." Stiles finished.

Everyone went silent mulling over the situation.

"There's been sightings of some strange things recently so maybe you did see him. It's not like Beacon Hills has always been normal so It's not exactly surprising." Scott shrugged.

"So you're saying that her uncle's... like contacting her from the grave?" Isaac said in disbelief.

"Scott can howl loud enough to hear two states away and your eyes glow in every picture, but I can't see my dead uncle without being a psychopath?" I inquired, my voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Well, there's only one way to find out." Stiles said, grinning mischievously.

"We're gonna go investigate it."
♠ ♠ ♠
DUN DUN DUN!

COMMENT/RATE/SUBSCRIBE!

Love,

Gabriella