‹ Prequel: Serendipity.

Blue Moon.

Forever.

It had been two weeks since Arianna had gone missing. Everyone had gone back to their colleges, even Isaac with persuasion from Scott, but things were still going bad. Stiles had been doing research day in and day out, the only thing he'd found so far was a lot of stuff about a werewolf named Cassius. After tons of research on this wolf and talking to many of his professors he was told that it would be virtually impossible to get her back if she was taken by him. Scott tried talking to Derek about the situation, but Derek was the same as everyone else. Peter only waved them off saying it had been nice to know her. Everyone seemed to be very sure she was a goner, of course they would't let this small thing stop them. After doing tons of research and interviews Stiles decided that this work was too much for one human to do and called Scott and a friend to meet him at his home back in Beacon Hills.

“Stiles, what’d you find?” Scott inquired nervously as he barged into the young boys room.

Stiles sat his computer with his hair sticking in every direction, and on his bed sat a woman he’d never met before. Her skin was milky like caramel and her eyes were a gorgeous shade of green. Scott paused at the door and raised his brows at Stiles in surprise. Once Stiles caught on to Scott’s look, he stood from his chair with quick, jerky movements causing him to trip and fall in front of his best friend.

“Hi,” the petite woman said as she stepped around Stiles, ”I’m Esmeralda, I’m a psychic slash witch and one of Stiles’ classmates.”

Stiles stood from the floor with a confident look at Scott before he wiggled his brows suggestively.

“I got a girl to come hom-“ Stiles stopped, cut off by a sharp elbow in his ribs, which earned a look of amusement from Scott.

“We’re just friends.” She said, emphasizing the ‘just’.

“Uh, you totally know you’re in love with me.” Stiles scoffed, Esmeralda rolled her eyes dramatically, but smiled nevertheless.

“So the big bad wolf, Cassius, wants a friend of yours I hear?”

“Yes, and I know that everyone is saying it’s almost impossible to get her back, but even if I have to die I’m going to try my hardest. I just want… I need to know a location, a feeling that she may be alive, or maybe to know what they want with her. Just something.” Scott said, his voice staggering on the edge of begging.

“I can tell you one thing for sure, she’s alive.”

The two boys gasped and got closer to her.

“How do you know for sure?” Scott asked tentatively, he knew it’d be stupid to get his hopes up, after all he’d made that mistake one too many times.

“If Cassius wants her, he wants her for a reason. He doesn’t care about the people he sends to capture what he wants, to him if they die, they failed and he didn’t need them anyway.”

The two boys nodded solemnly with weary expressions. Their faces were etched with worry and Stiles looked as if he hadn’t slept for days. Esmeralda could tell this girl meant a lot to them.
She gave him a look of pity knowing deep down there was little to no hope for this girl, but she held her hand out anyway and asked for the girls personal item. Scott let out a sigh of relief and placed the dog tags Isaac had given him into her hand. Esmeralda’s brows furrowed deeply in concentration as she gripped the cold metal, and suddenly she relaxed as her brain honed in on the voices.

“What do you want with me?”

“I don’t want you, I don’t know what you don’t get about that. Cassius wants you. I want nothing to do with you.”

“How can you say that? I’m your niece.”

“You were, but with me being apart of the pack that I’m in, I’m not allowed to have family. That means nothing to me now. I will tell you this though, being in this family is why you have to be the one to turn.”

“What does that mean?”

“You have the curse, it runs in the Riviera bloodline, the curse of the blue moon. Years ago when Cassius was given the gift of being a werewolf with an almost indestructible body he used this gift to murder towns.”

“He’s the werewolf in the mythological book the Argents have…”

“Yes, except one thing. Cassius was never killed by the hunter, a group of witches put a spell over him that allowed his body to appear dead while he was still very alive, but at his own risk. See this spell put Cassius in a position that allowed him to be destroyed by one lethal weapon so that the witches could be sure he would not come back to kill them, BUT if this spell is broken by the blood of a virgin man or woman from the Riviera bloodline by biting them on the full moon on the eve of a blue moon, this weapon will no longer be lethal to him, and he will truly be indestructible.”

“So why didn’t he kill you?”

“Come on now, Arianna, we all know I lost my virginity long before I was 18 and he could get his hands on me, but when he found me out in Europe after my second tour in Afghanistan I asked for the bite because I hated the feeling of being weak. And as deals go, he wanted something in return.”

“Me.”

“Smart girl.”

“What will happen when he bites me? Will I die?”

“Not exactly, you see, when a human is bitten on a blue moon with the Riviera curse. You will not turn into a werewolf. You will become an actual wolf. Only Cassius knows the amount of time, but I believe it’s forever.”

Esmeralda gasped loudly as she came back to the real world. She looked around Stiles’ bedroom with wide eyes that softened in pity when she found their faces.

“This… man that took her, he’s her uncle. The very same man who once owned these dog tags. “

“So the uncle quin's signature on the note isn't some sick joke... She was actually seeing him and we didn't believe her..." Scott’s voice died off as he realized what happened.

“So her uncle’s a werewolf?” Stiles asked.

“Yes, and he’s working for Cassius.”

“Why would he do that to his own niece? From what I've heard from Arianna he was a great man and she loved him a lot.” He asked with furrowed brows.

Esmeralda frowned.

“Cassius has ways of turning even the most greatest people into scum of the earth. There’s more though.”

The two boys looked at her with longing, pressing her to proceed. She took a deep breath and her frown only deepened.

“Your friend, Arianna, her mother is a Riviera. This bloodline has the seal of a curse in it, specifically a curse that was put on Cassius to take away his indestructibility if one is to get their hands on the lethal weapon that must be used to kill him. This curse is called the curse of the blue moon, on the eve of the blue moon with the moon is at its apex Cassius will bite her turning her into, not a werewolf, but an actual wolf and giving him back his indestructibility.”

She sunk to the bed and stared at the floor until Stiles called her name. Her green eyes met with his as his lips began to form a question.

“Esme, how long will Arianna be a wolf…?” Stiles asked, his voice trailing off as he braced himself for any form of bad news.

“He said only Cassius knows, but from what he believes, she could be a wolf… forever.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Esmerelda