Dreams Coming True

One.

It was so weird how my dreams every night were based off of one boy. A boy I have never met in my entire existence and boy so perfect, that I was sure he didn’t exist. He couldn’t.

I think that’s why I slept so much. He was always there whenever I closed my eyes and fell into a slumber and the next night, it was the same thing. I had no idea why he kept reoccurring, and I had no idea why these were my dreams but I wasn’t going to fight it. Joel Kanitz was an amazing man and I wish he didn’t only exist at night time.

Tonight was the same as any other night. I got ready for bed and tucked myself into my bed, praying that sleep would come faster than it had the previous night and when it did, I could feel myself letting go of my personal life and heading over into dream land.

And there Joel was, sitting on the roof of his car. He had already scooted over to the far right so I had enough room to sit and had a blanket folded up on his lap, gazing at the stars. His face was reflected by the dim light and I could see his smile grow wider as he heard me approaching through the tall grass.

He hopped off of the roof and turned around to hug me. I was pushed up against the doors as one of his arms went around my shoulders and the other around my waist, pulling me tightly into him. I hugged him back just as tight, but left him a little room to breathe unlike me. I didn’t mind the breathlessness though.

Once we pulled back, his soft lips kissed my forehead tenderly. It felt so real, even to be a dream. It felt so vivid.

“I just thought we could have an easy night tonight.” He told me as I felt his fingertips float down my bare arm, his hand resting in mine and my fingers getting caught with his. I looked into his green eyes and nodded my head, making his breath-taking smile appear yet again. God, this man.

“I’m okay with that, yeah.”

His big hands pushed my hips up and onto the roof. I slid over for him to have room on the car and then went up a little, helping him situated the blanket underneath us. I stared at the muscles in his arms as he pushed himself up and felt something inside of me internally freeze over.

“How was your day?”

Joel knew he was a dream to me. He had made it blatantly clear the first time I had met him here and we talked. We were just friends then, but now we were more intimate. We kissed every so often because as he said ‘A girl who is worthy of being kissed shouldn’t be kissed often.’

I shrugged, indifferently. It was a little difficult in this world to remember what happened in the real one so I couldn’t recall every exact detail, but as far as I remembered, it wasn’t a very good one.

“My mom was cracking down on me again about going to college. She just doesn’t understand what I want in life is completely different than what she wants me to be.” I finished off my statement with a sigh. It wasn’t unusual for my mom to be on my case, but it wasn’t usual for it to annoy me this bad.
I could see out of my peripheral that he was looking at me now. I looked back at him and saw the seriousness in his face about the topic. Joel wanted me to go to college, too, but he was more understanding than my mother.

“What is it that you want to do that doesn’t require a college education, Audrey?”

I had never shared my dreams with him before but now, I figured, was as good a time as any.

“I want to be a drummer.”

Joel shook his head and placed one of his arms under his head. I didn’t expect him to be so against the idea.

“It isn’t the life you want. I’ve read things about it…. And just no, Audrey. You’d regret it the second your tour bus took off.”

I scoffed. It wasn’t very often I got an attitude with Joel and I could already see the frown lines forming in his face as I raised up, putting my arms behind me to prop myself up. “Maybe you’re just reading in the wrong places.”

I heard him sigh behind me and a few scrapes against the hood and he was sitting directly next to me again, our legs touching. “You’re only 19. You’re young, I know that. But I really think you should reconsider the whole college thing. Being a band won’t last forever.”

I hated how convincing he was. A few words rolled off that velvet tongue of his and I couldn’t help but agree. I wouldn't ever let my dreams die, though.

I buried my head in between my knees, my arms wrapping around my legs and sighing. "I don't wanna talk about it anymore."

Joel's arm wrapped around one of my legs, too, and he rested his head on my knee.

"I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. I love you."

My heart went in an assembly line, feeling it pitter and patter against my ribcage. I took Joel's hand tightly in both of mine and gave the top of his hand a small kiss, holding it against my chest as I said

"I love you, too."

And just like clock-work, he took a look at his watch and sighed. "It's 9:30."

Dream time went in line with real time, meaning I'd have to be up in a few minutes. I sighed and groaned, hopping off of the roof of the car and waiting for him to hop off, too. Our expressions matched, both of us not wanting another dream to end.

We walked hand in hand through the grass and came to a halt when the grass, stars and everything else ended and the pitch black started. His arms went around me for the last time that night and mine went around him again, too and we embraced for what seemed like a while.

"Until tomorrow, my dear." Joel said, pulling his head back so we could look at each other.

"Until tomorrow." I repeated, kissing his mouth.
He let go of my hand and turned to walk away from me, dissapearing into thin air as he did so. I inhaled a deep breath before


BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP!

I have never wanted to kill an inanimate object so much in my entire life.
♠ ♠ ♠
NEW STORY.
I'm going to actually continue this one. I love it.
Comment/Recommend/Subscribe please!