Status: Ongoing Story

Baseball's in My Blood

Chapter 1

"Oh my gosh Bryce! This is so cool!" I exclaimed, unable to hold in my excitement as my brother and I entered AT&T Park through the player's entrance.

"Relax Mads, the game hasn't even started yet." He grinned at me, ruffling my shoulder blade length dirty blond hair.

"I'm sorry Bryce. I'm just so excited, I'm gonna get to see my big brother play in person. This is crazy!" I grinned at him as we stopped at the entrance to the player's locker room.
"You're sitting in right field. I think Kayla's out there." He smiled and his cheeks turned red just saying her name.

"Ok Bryce. Good luck." I smiled reaching up to wrap my arms around his broad shoulders.

"Thanks Mads." He grinned before he opened the door and went inside.

I then walked out to my seat, which was right on the right field line. "Hey Maddie." Kayla smiled at me as I walked down the steps to where she was seated.

"Hey Kayla. These are such great seats!" I grinned trying to contain all of my excitement.

"They are great seats." She answered as I sat down next to her. She and I talked about many things until it was 2:30, and the game was ready to start.

Matt Cain was the starting pitcher for the San Francisco Giants, and Bryce was due up fifth. As the home team warmed up, I couldn't help but notice how hot the right fielder looked. He even looked over at me a couple times... He was definitely cute...
After three straight outs it was the Nationals' turn to take the field. Bryce was literally right in front of us, and I was able to see that it was hard for Kayla to contain her smile.

"You guys just need to get married already." I grinned making her blush even more.

"You really think we should?"

"Definitely. You two are like the same person." I giggled.
"OK, Miss Match-maker, what's going on in your love life?" She asked, crossing her arms.

"There's no such thing. After Tristan basically broke my heart, Bryce hasn't let me date anyone."

"He can be protective sometimes."

"That's why I love him." I grinned as the Giants came back on the field.

About 4 more innings later, the Nats were up 3-1, Bryce scoring 2 of those runs... They were up to bat, and the mystery hottie was still playing in right field. Kayla must have noticed me staring at him.

"Whatcha starin' at?" She questioned me.

"Nothin."

"Is it Mr. Right Fielder?" She grinned, and I looked down at the concrete floor, my hair falling around my face to cover my blush. "It is." She grinned in victory as I looked at her again, my cheeks still colored red.
"How'd you know?" I asked looking out at the field again.

"Well, you've been staring at him for the top half of each inning, and it seems like he's been returning the gesture most of the time." She grinned, sending a whole new wave of red over my cheeks.

"Really?"

"His name's Hunter Pence. Very muscular. Definitely hot. Too bad he's 30." She started making my dreamy gaze snap to her.

"What do you mean he's 30?"

"He's 30 years old."

"Damn. He doesn't look a day over 23." I sighed setting my eyes on him again.

The rest of the game went quickly, and sadly, the Nationals lost 6-3, the newly named Hunter hit a 3 run homer to end it, so I guess it was a walk-off. Kayla went back to the hotel that we had been staying at, which left me to wait for Bryce by myself...A
♠ ♠ ♠
So... There's Chapter 1... :)...

Hope you all like it, and place message me what you think of it so far... :)