Status: Ongoing Story

Baseball's in My Blood

Chapter 2

I was leaning up against the wall that was across from the two clubhouse entrance's were. It was quiet, only a couple of workers passing by every now and then.
A tall guy walked out of the home clubhouse wearing a tight light brown long-sleeve t-shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, and a pair of dark-colored jeans. He had dirty blond hair that was short, and sort of styled into a semi-curly mohawk. Just looking at it made me want to go and run my hands through it. He was definitely muscular, his toned muscles basically popping out of his shirt. I had wondered if this was the right fielder from earlier.

"Do you want an autograph?" He asked showing a dazzling white smile. I looked around making sure he wasn't talking to some other person, but when I saw no one, I looked up at him and pointed to me. "Yeah, do you?" He questioned, grinning again. "No, I'm waiting for someone, but thank you anyway." I smiled. "Boyfriend?" He asked making me raise my eyebrow. "Excuse me?" I questioned him, pushing myself off the wall so I was standing right in front of him, his figure towering over me. "Are you waiting for your boyfriend?" He asked again. "Oh, no, I'm waiting for my brother." I replied.

"So, you're single?" He questioned, leaning up against the wall. "Yeah, why does that matter to you?" I asked, trying to play hard-to-get, but I'm sure that I was failing horribly. "Well, if you're single, I would be wondering if you would want to go out with me tonight?" He played it smooth, his raspy voice making goose bumps appear on my tan skin.

"Are you asking me out on a date?" I whispered leaning against the wall so close to him that our bodies were touching. "I took a deep breath, but then I quickly wished I hadn't because my nose was filled with some type of Axe cologne that made me become more weak. "Depends on your answer sweetheart." He answered in the same raspy tone, giving me a wink. "Then I guess you're busy tonight." I stood on my toes so my lips grazed against his neck before I pushed myself off the wall again, and I started to walk down the hallway that was lined with the ball club's history.

"Wait up!" I heard him call before I felt his footsteps on the cement floor. "What's your name babe?" His arm was soon around my waist, his voice in my ear. "Madeline Harper." I replied smirking a bit. "You'd be Bryce Harper's sister?" He asked as we got to the door. He let go of my waist to hold it open and let me out into the warm San Francisco evening air. "That'd be me." I answered.

"So, you like outfielders then?" He asked, a bit of hope in his eyes. "Eh, personally I think I'm a pitcher person." I replied seeing his expression turn to a sad one. "I'm just kidding, of course I'm an outfielder person. What's your name anyway?" I grinned at him, already knowing the answer. "My name is Hunter Pence, and you're in luck because I'm an outfielder." I could almost hear the smirk in his voice as he put his duffel bag in the back of his black Audi.

He unlocked the doors, and we both go in the front. He started up the car, and I took out my phone, scrolling through my contacts until I found my brothers. I created a new conversation, and texted: "Bryce, you can go straight to the hotel, I found someone to take me home." After sending the message, I shut my phone off so I wouldn't be bothered for the rest of the night. "Who'd you text?" Hunter questioned looking over at me. "Just my brother, I told him that I found someone else to take me home." I grinned placing my hand over his that was resting on the stick shift.
He grinned at the new feeling of warmth, and then pulled into the parking lot of a place called 'The Euphoria Lounge'. He turned off the engine, coming over to my side, waiting for me to get out.

Once the car was locked, he grabbed my right hand with his left, and I let his large fingers enclose over my small ones. We got inside, and Hunter got us a table immediately. After we both ordered some type of mixed drink, I finally got to get a good look at him. "What ya lookin at?" He questioned placing his elbows on the table, leaning closer to me. "What color are your eyes?" I asked him, staring into them. I assumed they were blue, but there was a mixture of colors that made it change. "They're the same color as yours, but I must admit, yours are much prettier." He grinned making me blush.

"So where are you from?" I asked as he took a drink from his cup. "Fort Worth Texas, how bout you?" He responded. "So you're a southern boy?" I questioned with a smirk. "Far from it babe, you wanna go dance?" He questioned raising his eyebrows. "Why not." I grinned as he stood up and took my hand, leading me to the dance floor. A fast paced song came on, and Hunter pushed his hands to either side of my waist, swaying me fastly to the music.
"I'm from Las Vegas!" I yelled over the music. "Oh, really? So you're good at gambling then?" He grinned down at me. "Na, that was my dad. He used to take Bryce and I to casinos all the time. Bryce was actually pretty good to, I just got bored too fast." I explained, his eyes not leaving my face.

We danced to a couple more fast songs before 'When I'm Gone' by 3 Doors Down came on. I was ready to walk back to the table, hoping Hunter would follow, but he grabbed my hand in his. "Stay and dance with me." His voice was soft, almost welcoming, so I decided to stay with him. He latched his arms around my waist, and I placed my hands on his biceps, not being able to reach his shoulders.
I was barely able to reach Bryce's, and he was 6'2'', Hunter was at least 6'4'', and those two inches makes a big difference.
We danced through the first verse and chorus, but by the second verse, Hunter was starting to run his hands up my arms until they were resting on both of my cheeks. The chorus started to play as he lifted my head up, and brought his face down to mine in one swift move. His warm lips were then on mine.
I knew it was wrong, I mean, come on he's 30... But it just felt right. His lips stayed on mine for the rest of the song, and then he pulled back. My face stayed in his hands, and he locked his eyes with mine. "Can you come home with me?" He whispered, a slight smirk appearing on his features. "Sure." I grinned as he pulled my lips up to his, kissing me again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well that escaladed quickly...

Hope you all like it, and I plan on posting the next couple chapters soon... :)