Status: Ongoing Story

Baseball's in My Blood

Chapter 7

The Next Day

"Come on Maddie! It's time for you to get up!" Hunter's voice called out, making me groan in annoyance. "Five more minutes!" I stated pulling a pillow over my head. "No! Get up now! It's already 9, I've let you sleep late enough." He replied as I sat up in the bed. "Hunter, you're still shirtless, what time did you get up?" I asked eyeing over his half-covered body. "About 15 minutes ago." He admitted quietly. "Hunter! Why did I have to get up now?!" I exclaimed hitting his chest. "Cuz we've got to leave. I told Buster that we'd be over by 12. It's already 9, and it takes about a half hour to get to his place." He explained making me groan and roll out from under the covers.

I got showered, fixed my hair, and got dressed into the clothes that I had worn yesterday. Hunter was already downstairs in the living room, waiting for me to finish up. In about five minutes we were on the road, and our way to Buster's place.
25 minutes and one nap later, Hunter pulled into the driveway of a small-sized town house that had a silver Jeep and an older-styled pick-up truck in the driveway. Hunter and I both got out and made our way up the steps to the front door. Hunter took his hand out of mine to ring the doorbell, and then we waited for about two minutes before footsteps were heard in the doorway. The door opened to show a young woman who had wavy blond hair and sparkling blue eyes. Her smile was perfect, and she looked to be about 5'7''. There was an adorable baby girl in her arms who looked to be the spitting image of her mother, besides the head of light brown hair she had.

"Hello Hunter, Buster's out back with Lee I think. You must be Maddie." She spoke with a sweet southern accent. "That's me. It's nice to meet you." I smiled as Hunter and I both entered the rather cute house. "I'm Kristen by the way." She smiled as we got to the sliding screen door, which she pushed aside to let us on to the patio. "This is my little angel, Addison." She smiled at the adorable girl in her arms who giggled and grabbed onto a strand of her mom's hair. A young man with light brown hair and deep blue eyes came over to the patio area with a boy who had blond hair in his arms. He came to Kristen's side and then hooked his arm around her waist after he did some handshake with Hunter. "You must be Madeline. I'm Buster. It's nice to finally meet you." He smiled holding out his hand. "It's nice to meet you to. Your kids are too adorable." I smiled shaking his hand.

It was nice to be able to relax with the Posey family, and it was about 8:30 when we left their house. "Can you drop me off at this hotel. I don't think I'll be able to stay with you for the night." I stated handing Hunter the directions to the hotel I was staying at. We got to the hotel in about 15 minutes, and Hunter pulled the car into a parking spot. He helped me out of the car, and then walked me up to the main doors. "So, when will I see you again?" I asked putting both of my hands in his. "I don't know, when are you free?" He replied with a cute smile on his face. "Bryce is leaving for DC in four days, I've got to go with him, so, before then." I answered wrapping my arms around his torso. He hugged me back, and then pulled away to kiss me. We kissed for a couple seconds until I pulled away to regain my breath. "Bye Hunter." I looked up into his eyes. "Bye Madeline." He smiled leaning down to place a couple more short kisses to my lips before he turned and walked into the dark of the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
That's Chapter 7...

Hope everyone liked it, and I'm sorry it was kinda short...

Thanks for reading!! :)