Status: I hope you like it

30 Something and Single

Chapter 1

I was putting away the books on the shelves when the door swung open. I put down the book, and walked over to the end to see Natasha. I snapped back running to hide behind the cart. You see I know what it may look like a grown women running away from someone who happens to be smaller than her, but Natasha wasn't just anyone. She was the fiance of my ex Henry. I am not bitter that he left me from her, but I have been avoiding them, but as hard as i try they seem to pop up every where I go. It is quite irritating you see.

I peeked back from the shelves, and saw her walking towards me. I could see why he chose her over me now. When she walked the sun glittered on her skin. Her blonde curls bounced, and her shorts emphasized how gorgeous her legs were. I sighed, and walked over to her. She didn't see me when I tapped her shoulder.

"Welcome, is there anything I can help you find today?" I asked politely.

"Oh! Connie is that you? Still working in the Library business I see," she said laughing.

I nodded, and tapped my foot waiting for her to say something other than my personal life. She walked around, and then stopped to look at me. "Oh, yes that's it. Henry wanted to wish you a happy 30th," she smiled, "By the chance do you have any books me and Henry could use I want to surprise him for our honeymoon night."

I looked up startled as she ignored me blowing her nails. I walked shakily to the adult section handing her a few. I wasn't much for this part of the library. All my life I have been taught to save myself for marriage, and I would like to stick to it. I handed her some books that my mother recommended me when Henry and I were engaged. So much for that. She smiled at me, and I walked over to check out. I slid her books on the scanner, and she walked out yelling "hope we see you at the wedding'" her southern accent drawled.

I plopped on my seat rubbing my temples. "God has something planned for me," I repeated over and over.

"What was she doing here?" Ingrid's voice filled the Library.

"Uh, who?" I tried playing dumb.

"Don't you play dumb with me mama. You know who I'm talking about Ms. Kelly Simpson wannabe."

"She just wanted some books," I said getting up.

"She READS!" Ingrid yelled making me hide my laughter behind a book.

"So what are you going to do for your birthday?" she asked me. I was about to say something, but she cut me off." Lets go out my treat!" I started to shake my head in refusal. "I don't think that's such a good idea. I mean like where would we go. I'm not much for dancing and all that stuff."

"Constance! I got this now shut up, and let me handel it."

The door swung open, and Karla came through. She was followed behind a small group of people, or what my grandmother called "rush hour." "Hello girls how are you doing today/" she asked sweetly. "Ms. Lutz Connie here does not want to celebrate her 30th birthday right!" Ingrid said crossing her arms. I rolled my eyes "I just don't want nothing bad happening. I mean I'm only turning 30 what's the big deal?"

Ingrid and Karla looked at me; then looked at each other. "Well, ignoring that comment girls I would like you to meet my son Kellan, and his friends Robert,Kristen,Ashley,Nikki,and Jackson. Also known as the cast of Twilight."

I looked up at them, and smiled giving them a wave. My eyes landed on Kellan he was a handsome one wasn't he. Ingird smirked at me, and looked away from Kellan. "So, is there anything I could help you find today?"

"Well, actually I was hoping you two could be a navigator for these guys. I'm awfully busy, and I can't be with them, so I was hoping...." she looked at me.

"Oh!, um why not I guess I could leave early today," I babbled. "She would love to!" Ingrid cheered. She bent down to my ear, and whispered," you are not wearing that."

I rolled my eyes, and retaliated. "What do you suggest?" (large). It wasn't what I'd normally wear, but I guess that's a good thing. I stepped out of the bathroom, and took off my glasses. I walked with my arms spread out. I couldn't quite see. I felt someone put my hand on their arm. I looked to see Kellan's face.

"You looked lost," he joked. I laughed with him, and he guided the way to the door. Everyone was waiting outside as I locked the door. As we walked down the streets I snuck my glasses back on just to see what we were looking at.

"What's that?" Ashley asked. I smiled at the building, and started to share it's history. Ingrid rolled her eyes, because she's heard about this builidng million times before. As we left Kellan looked at me smiling.

"What?" I asked grinning.

"You're very intellegent you know that."

"Thank you."

"You're very welcome."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a story I made that I've had in mind for a while now, and I just wanted to share it. I hope you guys like it, and enjoy.

#Godbless