Status: I hope you like it

30 Something and Single

Chapter 2

I sat in front of the mirror placing my earrings in my ears. I looked pretty good considering what I usually wear. I felt my heart pound on my chest as the doorbell rang. I went to go open it elegantly. Not running, going to slow, or being desperate. Kellan stood outside the door with a cute, dimpled smile on his face. I don't think I could have asked for a better birthday surprise.

"I hope you don't mind. Ingrid called in sick, so you're going to have to come with me tonight."

"Oh, no that's okay. Did she say what was wrong?" I asked grabbing my clutch.

"Nah, she just told me to make you have a good time."

I laughed nodding. He held out his arm, and I slipped my hand through it. " By the way you look gorgeous." My cheeks heated up, and I stifled a giggle. He held out the car door open for me like a true gentlemen, and I couldn't help, but see how I should have gotten treated during my relationship with Henry.

As we drove by all the buildings and people. My eyes glittered in the night with love. I envied all the pedestrians for they could walk, and take in the history of this place. While it all flashed in a blur for me.

The car came to a halt, and Kellan ran around to come and get me. I nodded a "thank you," and we walked inside. The restaurant was dark inside, and then the lights flickered on. All the people I knew came jumping out surprise scaring the living daylight out of me.

Ingrid came and gave me a bear hug."You didn't think I was going to let you off that easily eh mamacita?"

"A girl could only hope," I said laughing. Everyone came up giving me hugs, and " happy birthdays." It was all so vivid, and kind that I was kind of glad that Ingrid went against my wishes, and threw me a party anyway.

The party proceeded on, and everyone was having so much fun, except for me. It wasn't that it wasn't a good party. I just didn't know what to do with myself. I was socially impossible. If I weren't talking to someone I was all by myself in my old little la la land. It has been that way ever since I was a kid.

I never had anyone go on me about it. Never had a father to tell me to watch out for boys. Never had a mother to teach me all the girly things. It was always me, my brothers, and my granddad. But now that my brothers Alec and Jason are long gone, and my granddaddy passed away. It was this town who took it upon themselves to look after me. Henry probably was my last shot.

"Hey Constance," I turned around to face Kellan," would you like to dance with me?" I was speechless. I mean I couldn't dance let alone walk. I bit my lip, and turned back to look into those blue eyes again. I slowly nodded, and took his outstretched hand.

I could feel my feet start to sweat in my heels. I was shaky in his arms, and I couldn't breathe.

"Here let my try something," he said placing me on his shoes. He nuzzled his nose in the crook of my neck. Chills traveled up my spine, and goosebumps arose on my arms.

"Relax Connie," usually I would have hated that nickname, but from him it made me melt like butter on toast.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not updating sooner. I'm still kind of new at this<3
#GodBless