Status: In-progress sequal to the pilot. If you want to read this, check the pilot first.

Dysfunctional Team: Season 1

Invade PT 2

"You know, you're lucky your skin is a lot better at taking heat than most organics," Scarhealer said to Zyglrox as he put some type of cream on the left side of his face, where most of the burns were. "A lot of organics would probably have suffered more severe ones. Luckily for you, I only need to put a gentle cleanser on it."

"Arcaedion is a really hot place," said the arcaedian doctor next to him. "Our bodies need the heat, due to us being cold blooded. However, as Zyglrox showed, that doesn't mean we can take it at higher temperatures."

"How hot is it?" Scarhealer asked.

"Pretty hot. Never looked at the numbers, just knew it was hot," the reptilian medic answered.

"Thanks for that insightful information, Equale," Zyglrox remarked, sarcastically. This was met by Scarhealer using his free hand clamp shut his mouth.

"Please don't move your mouth. You don't want to swallow this by mistake, do you? I heard it tastes horrible," he told him, as he continued to put more cream around his face for a couple of minutes. Once done, he let go of his jaw and stare and the newly whiten face of Zyglorx. "You're good. It's all done. Just don't wipe the cream off and add some more every once and awhile."

"Good, now can I have a look at him?" Equale asked. "I want to make sure whether or not he has a concussion."

"Be my guest," Scarhealer said, as he walk off to the side to let him work. Equale approach Zyglrox, staring at the lizard's eyes.

"Well, good news and bad news. Good news: your eyes are not burn. Bad news: your pupils are unequal sizes, a symptom of a skull fracture. You said you've had a headache from ramming into the thrusters, correct?" Zyglrox nodded. "Yep, probably a fracture."

"Didn't you already guess I had one?" Zyglrox asked.

"Yes, but I wanted to make sure," Equale said.

"Alright so how bad is it?" Zyglrox asked.

"My opinion, it's nothing too serious since you're not unconscious, but enough to keep you out for a little while, probably just a simple or a linear fracture."

"Simple and linear are good, right?" Zyglrox asked.

"Yes, they are. All you have to do is rest the pain off."

"And that's why I like not being a organic," Scarhealer commented. "We're much harder to hurt."

"You still get kill by bullets," Zyglrox remarked.

Crack! Crack! Crack!

The three looked at the doorway where the shots came from. "Frag, looks like they're already attacking the base. I'm locking the door," Scarhealer said as he headed for the door.

"What about anybody else that wants to hide in here?" Equale asked.

"They can hide in another room. The last thing I want is to get in a fight with Decepticons," Scarhealer said anxiously.

"Have you fought them before?" Equale asked.

"Several times. I'm a ex-Autobot. I had to take care of a lot of people who suffer through Decpticon's brutality like the plague. I had to see some disturbing things during my time with the Autobots, but I'd still stayed with them until Devola…" he drifted off at that, not paying attention to the other two, but getting lost in the memories there. The two lizards looked at each other at the sight, before Equale decided to snap him out of it. He walked up to him and snap his fingers in front of the ex-Bot.

"Hey, snap out of it!" Scarhealer did a double-take and stare at Equale.

"I blanked out, didn't I," the Cybertronian said, his voice a little low. The shots kept ringing our from the hall.

"What happen in Devola?" Zyglrox asked.

"Some of the other Arcaedians have already heard of it, so you can ask them about it, but not me. I don't want to talk about that," Scarhealer said, heading to one of the corners and sit there, looking at the ground. The lizards look at each other again before asking a question.

"Can you at least give us the short version?" Equale asked. Scarhealer looked at the ground, using a hand to rub his brow. The gunfire had stopped. He answered.

"It was a massacre."

XXX

Dead End lowered his weapon as the last hostile dropped. He walked up through the hallway, looking through each room that they past that were open. Most of the rooms were open and empty, but a couple were closed and locked. Killshot suggested barging through while Skywarp saying something along the lines of teleporting in and killing them, but Dead End objected to that. The faster they got this done, the better.

Shockwave wasn't with the group, staying at the end of the hallway from earlier and watching the side that the group didn't walk to. They didn't want to run the risk of being flanked so had Shockwave stayed there and killed anyone that tried to flank them. His hard to pierce through armor would make it hard for them to take him down and he could hold them off until the others came back.

The three walk to the end of the corridor that turned right. So far, the pirate's instructions were good. They were hoping that they stay that way. Dead End has his gun up as he neared the turn, along with Skywarp and his hand blaster and Killshot with his newly acquired pistol. The dirt crunch slightly under their feet as they neared it. Dead End, now there, slowly edged his head out the corridor.

Crack! Crack! Crack!

Dead End put his head back behind the cover of the solid dirt wall. He was surprise that the dirt was holding up well, but that didn't mean it was clean. Bits of dirt were falling down from the ceiling and onto his frame, sticking to him and getting through the openings in his frame that will take forever to get out. While Dead End was thinking about the dirt and not the incoming fire from the corner, Killshot and Skywarp were wondering how to take the next group of pirates out. "How about you teleport behind them and shoot them in the back?" Killshot asked the seeker.

"Maybe. They'll have to not be paying any attention to me in order for me to back-shot these guys," Skywarp answered.

"Just leave that to me and Morals here," he said, indicating Dead End. Dead End caught that sentence and asked a question.

"Are you seriously going to call me that?" Dead End asked.

"Hey, it's either that or emo. Which do you prefer?" Killshot said, giving him the choice. Dead End gave a annoy intake of air before answering.

"I guess that's better than the alternative. Still, couldn't hurt if you call me by my actual name," Dead End said, really wanting him to actually call him by his name.

"Are you two done bickering?" Skywarp asked. "I swear, you two argue worst than by trinemates."

"Who does that make me?" Killshot asked, the gunfire from the hallway not bothering him at all.

"Who do you think. You're a assassin, someone who specializes in killing someone from behind. Old Screamer has chronic backstabbing-disorder. Fit the pieces together," Skywarp remarked bitterly.

"That makes Dead End the dead guy. Nice!" he comment, the gunfire rising to its climax. He grinned at that before realizing the scowl that was deepening more and more that Skywarp was giving him meant in didn't take that comment well. "Hey, sorry. Just pointing out, you know," he tried to apologize.

"Shut it and let me look around the corridor. You're lucky I'm not butchering your body and selling it to Swindle for that comment," Skywarp remarked acidly, heading towards the turn. Killshot let him past, and Dead End move to let him peak through. While Skywarp got ready to stick his head out, Dead End gave Killshot a dirty, signifying his wasn't impressed by Killshot calling him a dead guy either. Killshot merely shrug his shoulder and looked away, finding the dirt to be important looking.

Skywarp stick his head around the corner and withdraw back to it a moment later as the gunfire rain down on him. In that moment, he got to see how long the end of the hall was and got to see how many there were: six. And at that moment, all of them were looking at his direction. Good. Skywarp prepare himself, thinking of a spot near the end of the hallway, but not close enough to be seen by whoever was at the next hallway.

With himself prepare, he teleported in a blue haze and appear near the end of the hallway with the pirates all looking somewhere else, instead of at him. Skywarp took advantage of this and creep over to the nearest pirate, a cybertronian. The pirate was shooting what look like a LMG and was pretty experience with it, considering the fact that the gut was burst firing instead of firing off every bullet he could. He was taking cover behind a flip-over table in the middle of the room that looked like it was drag out here instead of being already there. The rest of the pirates were taking cover behind the doorway, taking pot shots at the end of the hallway whenever they can, lighting the room up better than these weak light bulbs could.

Skywarp creped over to him, trying his hardest to remain quiet. A bit odd, considering that he usually charged at the targets with little regards for safety, but that was different. Before, he had a whole lot of other people who could get shot instead of him. Now, he only had two people who could get shot instead of him. He had to take this guy out without attracting too much attention. Once he got that nice LMG of his, than he would go loud. Very loud….

Skywarp was close enough now to get the drop on him. He stretched his claw-like fingers. They were about to get little dirty. As the cybertronian got ready to fire another burst, Skywarp attacked before he could. Skywarp let his fingers fly towards the back of the Cybertronian head, the gunfire from the other pirates hiding the sounds of a hand going through a head. The pirate could only feel a sharp pain at multiple parts in the back of his head, before everything went black.

Skywarp took his hand out of the pirate's head, letting the body fall down. He quickly took cover behind the table and wait to see if they would fire on him. When the lack of bullets started hitting him, he lifted his up above his cover to see the pirates all still shooting at the same spot. Smiling slightly at their stupidness, he checked the amount of ammo still left in the machine gun. A quick look showed about 50 shots left. Skywarp's g grin got even bigger at this and started aiming his gun at the pirates.

Meanwhile, Dead End and Killshot were still waiting for Skywarp to do whatever he do to help kill the pirates. Dead End was waiting for their cue, while Killshot was checking the pistol's condition. He knew bullet based guns had a habit of jamming under bad conditions. While the cave/base wasn't bad, there was still dirt falling from the ceiling that could jam his gun and last thing he wanted was to be against someone who had a working gun when his was crapping out on him.

Satisfied with his gun's condition, he looked at Dead End's scowl. Okay, he definitely didn't like what he said, but come on! He must enjoy being compared to a Dead Guy. The guy was emo to the core. He was supposed to be alright with comments like that. He even describe himself as a fatalist.

Before he could think about it even more, he and Dead End heard the pirates' screaming in surprise and pain. Must be there cue. Together, the two stepped out of the corridor and took aim. Two pirates had already fallen by the time they came out, and Skywarp was in the middle of giving a pirate his daily lead recommendation. The two other pirates were too busy trying to aim at the seeker that were slaughtering their allies to pay attention to the two that were about to shoot them in the head.

Crack! Crack!

Two rang out from different guns and one bullet enter into each of the pirate's head. The two collapse to the ground as a spray of red came out of Killshot's target while blue came out of Dead End's target. Skywarp's targets were all bleeding profusely, dying or dead. The two grounders walked to the seeker's location behind the table. "That was a good way to relieve some of my anger," Skywarp said to the pistoler. Killshot ignore that comment and listen to his music. He wasn't getting in anymore arguments today.

"Alright, so we take the right around this corridor and then take another left. After that, we should reach the room where the device is," Dead End said.

"How many more you think are going to be in our way?" Skywarp asked. In response, Dead End stick his head out of the door and then immediately brought his head back into cover as bullets and lasers came from the next hallway.

"A few."

XXX

Misfire woke up from recharge still having a headache. It hurts if you're wondering. That headache was not going away and he needed that syk now. Scavenger had finally stopped knocking at door, so he figured that it was safe to go out now. He walked over to the door, grasping his head as he went along. He clicked the button which made the door slide open automatically. He looked out the hallway…

…and saw Scavenger walking towards the med-bay with his box full of syk. Misfire was shock at this. That fragger had invaded his privacy and stole his stuff. That was unacceptable. That was wrong.

It was a Decepticon thing to do.

Before Misfire could think about going over there and stealing that box from the pathetic loser's hands, he had walk into the Med-lab and enter the room. A red light above the door indicated that it was lock, meaning he couldn't go back in there and steal it back.

Upset at this, he went back to his room, closing and locked it. He went back to his berth and laid down on it. He had to live through this headache instead of forgetting about it. He couldn't make any more of the substance as the headache was too much of a problem at the moment. If it got worse or didn't go away, he would have to get that check out…

…which he can use to maybe steal the box back.

Misfire grinned at this, despite the pounding headache. He had an out. He just had to wait a little while. Coming back too soon might end with saying he just haven't give his healing systems enough time to heal it. Of course, he couldn't let it get any better either.

Misfire stood up and thought of something he was going to regret. He prepare himself, getting ready for more pain that was to follow. He started running for the wall…

… and smashed his head into it. Misfire stumbled to the ground from the hit, holding both hands on his head to try to ignore the pain. Yeah, really stupid move on his part, but it was worth it if he could steal that syk back.

Satisfied with his pulsating headache, Misfire went back to his berth and laid down, waiting for the right moment to head to the med-bay.