Status: In-progress sequal to the pilot. If you want to read this, check the pilot first.

Dysfunctional Team: Season 1

Stains PT 1

Many Vorns Ago

Swindle looked at the beautiful piece of work in front of him; a nice, simple, rectangular, black box that on the inside held the components of an EMP bomb. On the side was a switch that would manually activate it (Why did he put that in there?) and the bottom had a magnet that would let it stick to his back, walls, or the ceiling or anything metallic. The shell of the device was made from ununtrium, meaning it wasn't going to be pierce by an accidently bullet or shrapnel and break. At this moment, even though Swindle was really tire, he was proud of his work.

"Oh, that looks pretty cool." Swindle jumped up in the air for a second before turning around to face the owner of that voice: Vortex. Of course it was him.

"Primus, Vortex. Don't do that again," Swindle told the helicopter.

"Why? Afraid I might give you a swift kick in the aft?" Vortex asked him.

"That and I don't like surprises. Seriously, I loathe them," Swindle explained. "Of course, knowing you, this is going straight over your head."

"Oh, come on Swindle. Words can't fly," Vortex told him, completely missing the point.

"That's not what I meant you- ah forget it. What time is it?" Swindle asked him.

"It's tomorrow," Vortex told him.

"Tomorrow? Already? Ah scrap!" Swindle shouted, moving towards the door. "Watch the bomb and make sure no one touches it while I go tell Onslaught about it being done," Swindle ordered him as he walked out the door. Vortex responded by giving an unseen thumbs-up as the door remarked:

"You might want to clean yourself. You look like scrap." The door closed, leaving Swindle to look at himself. He had plenty of stains on him that mixed with older ones that made him look very dirty. Swindle gave a sigh about this before heading to Onslaught. He could clean after he was done with informing Onslaught about the bomb's completion. So Swindle head down the dark color halls with bright lights, passing several figures along the way, including Rumble and Frenzy, who were in the process of beating each up with the blue one winning (which was he: Rumble or Frenzy?). Within a few minutes, he had reach Onslaught's quarters and knocked on the door.

"It's open!" Onslaught shouted from inside the room. Swindle clicked a button and the door opened, letting him in. Inside, Onslaught was looking over map for Solaris. "Hello Swindle! So, I assume you've got the EMP ready?" Onslaught asked him, getting straight down to business.

"Yeah. Vortex is guarding it right now, making sure no one touches it. It should be ready to go," Swindle answered to his commanding officer.

"But?" Onslaught questioned, knowing there had to be something he was purposefully left out.

"But I haven't tested it, yet. Who knows what might happen when I press the trigger. It could work just fine or completely fail," Swindle replied. "I don't know unless I've tested it."

"Well then, you better hope it works, because we're moving out in a few megacycles," Onslaught told his soldier.

"We are? I haven't even gone my recharge in. I've been working all night on that damn thing," Swindle complained like a bitter child.

"Get over it," Onslaught told him harshly. "It's going to take at least five megacycles to get everything in order for us to attack for tonight. I've already told everybody else the full plan for this except you, so come over here and listen carefully," Onslaught commanded him. Swindle obeyed like a loyal subordinate.

"Now, as you already known, Motormaster and his fellow Stunticons are going to launch an assault on the front of the base along with about a thousand Vehicons. While they're distracting them, we're going to sneak in from the back along with a few Vehicons as backup. From there, we split up. Blast Off will find the highest building he can and offer sniper support for us and the Stunticons from there, while Brawl and I will head to a fuel depot to blow it up and wreak havoc to make a distraction for you and Vortex. Speaking of you two, you'll head to the building where the generator is, sneak in, and take it out. Once that's done and the guns are down, Starscream will lead an aerial assault with his trine and a fleet of Vehicons. After that, it's basically clean up," Onslaught explained his lengthy plan. "Did you get all that?"

"Yeah, I got it," Swindle confirmed. "Still doesn't explain why Megatron wants this place so badly, besides the fact that he gets to crush the Autobots," Swindle wondered.

"That's simple. There are some underground labs there and the Autobots have probably been working on some secret devices to help turn the war over to their favor. We're going to make sure that that doesn't happen and claim it for ourselves," Onslaught enlightened Swindle, which grabbed his attention. "As you commanding officer, I advise that you don't steal anything without letting Megatron look at, unless you know it won't help out with the war effort," he warned him.

"Advised, not ordered," Swindle clarified. "He won't notice a few weapons missing."

"Do so at your own risk. Now, go wash up. Seriously, you got a lot of stains on you," Onslaught ordered.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. You're not the first to have said that today," Swindle said, heading out the door.

"Swindle, one more thing," Onslaught said. Swindle turn around to listen to him. "After you're done cleaning up, go check the weapons, especially the EMP," Onslaught ordered. Swindle nodded.

"You got it. Everything will be working fine tonight," Swindle soothe him, walking out the door and towards the washing stations. He really needed to get clean.

XXX

Swindle online, getting out of his recharge. There were two things he notice upon exiting recharge. The first thing he notice was that he really needed to clean himself. The transmission fluid stains were still there. Second, and more importantly, Scavenger was about to cave his head in with his E-tool.

Scrap.