Status: In-progress sequal to the pilot. If you want to read this, check the pilot first.

Dysfunctional Team: Season 1

Stains PT 2

Scavenger onlined to the med-bay. The room was a lot dimmer than before, making it really hard to see. The lights cast eerie shadows around the room, making darkness where light didn't touch. Medical equipment laid nearby, not clean yet, still stained with energon. Hook lay behind his desk, recharging, face on the desk. Obviously, he fell asleep watching over Scavenger or something like that.

Scavenger slowly rise himself up to a sitting position, making sure everything was alright. He got into a position with little trouble, his inner mechanisms working just fine. He stretched his arms a bit, making sure they were working fine. With that done, he slides his legs off the table, leaving them hanging in the air. Looks like they were working fine, but he had to make sure they could take the strain of him walking. He slowly edged himself off the table, his feet slowly touching the ground. He felt his feet touching the cold, metal floor and started standing up. He felt completely fine, except a few rusted joints and gears being a little slow, but moving those legs will fix that real quick.

Slowly, he started walking around the table, keeping a hand on the table to balance himself to make sure he stays standing. Those were the things Hook told him to do in case something like this happen and he trusted Hook. He trusted him with his life, which is something he couldn't say about anyone else, despite what the voice said. He was nothing but a liar, something who wanted to bring him down. Someone who would do anything to trick him into thinking he was his friend.

Scavenger shook his head from those thoughts. He didn't want to think about that fragger. He just wanted to make sure he was ready to move about. Although, he kind of wanted to know how did he ended up in the med-bay? All he remembered was getting shock by that kremzeek in the cargo hold. Could that have caused enough injuries to warrant him to go to the med-bay?

"The answer to that question is yes," a familiar voice said. Scavenger snapped his head back to the entrance to the med-bay. He saw no one there. He looked around to where Hook was, about to yell out for him, when he realized he wasn't there. Where the heck was he? "In the hall, you moron," the voice said, condescendingly. Scavenger flinched slightly at that tone. He looked around the room again, looking for anybody to help him. "You're all alone. Come on out and play," the voice commanded him in a deep voice. Scavenger hesitated a bit before walking towards the door. He needed to figure out what was going on. He reached the door, his spark fluxing faster than before. Slowly, he pressed the button and opened the door.

No one was there. Scavenger exhaled a sigh of release. "I'm surprise you were brave enough to walk," the voice said, just a tiny bit of surprise in his voice. "If you want to meet me - and trust me, you do – come to the top floor of the ship. You know, the captain's quarters. You get to actually see me," the voice instructed. Scavenger processed that information, deciding what to do. Should he go up there or stay here where it was safe? "Come on, don't you want to kill me? That reminds me, bring a weapon. You're going to need it," the voice advised. Now that was tempting. To be rid of this bastard would be a weight off his shoulder.

With a goal set, he made a quick trip to his room. He grabbed his weapon of choice, an E-tool, simple handheld shovel, and headed to where he get to the first floor. Question was where was what he needed to get there? He couldn't remember. "You should consider remembering the ship more often. The elevators are over at the back of the ship, you neurotic," the voice told him. Scavenger mentally told himself to remember this and headed off towards the back of the ship.

"You know, I'm surprise you're in a hurry to meet you're death," the voice monologue. "You, such a strut-less, neurotic individual. You are always so ready to please, even though you'll never get their respect. You'll always be nothing but a sycophant, following orders; nothing but a replacement. The worst is, however, after all the time I try to help you, you turn your back on me! The only person who tries to help you and has a modicum of respect for you and you turn me away! Why, you idiotic being? Why!" the voice shouted, going from a monologue to a rant. Scavenger ignored this, letting him rant more. He reached the elevator and entered it, pressing the first floor button. He was going to kill this guy today.

The elevator headed up silently. Right now, all Scavenger could hear was the voice, ranting more and more at him. Instead of listening to him, he looked at his weapon. It was nothing more than his trusty E-tool. Nothing more than a hand-held shovel, but it was a deadly weapon. The head of the shovel was very sharp. Someone could easily swing it down with enough force to slice through the head of an individual. Scavenger himself has had to do it a few times in the heat of battle, growing proficient with it over the years. It was a reliable weapon, easy-to-use weapon, even though it did get a bit stuck in the body of his assailant from time to time. He looked at his weapon that he didn't notice that the voice had shut up.

Ding!

The door opened with slight rumble. Scavenger looked out the entrance-way, looking for that damn voice. It was no where around. The only thing around was a door that led to Swindle's room. The room was painted a simple beige color with nothing of note in it. Slowly, Scavenger approached the door, his E-tool at the ready. He hover his left hand over the button while having his right hand in a position ready to strike if anything lied behind the door. He slowly led his hand down, ready to strike, before…

Whoosh!

He pressed the button and the door opened, showing no one waiting for him. "Come in!" the voice called out. Okay, not quite true. Scavenger entered the room. The first thing he notice that the right side of the area carried a desk with all sorts of different things on it; a study area of some sort. Straight ahead was a small flight of steps and a wall was to his right. The room was painted a sky-blue color, with a purple, vertical stripe at random intervals. Scavenger made a note that Swindle's place was already looking better than his before walking into the next room.

The room was a master bedroom of some sort. The front held two chairs with a table between it, a place for idle chat. The left was mostly bear, except for a large screen in the middle of it. The right side held a few shelves and another door. At the back was a rather large recharge slab with a gun hanging off the wall on the left side of the wall, probably a scattershot. On the recharge slab was a form that definitely didn't looked like Swindle.

"Hello and welcome," the voice greeted him. It was a slim, black mech with yellow optics, lacking any distinct characteristics besides that. He looked like a very generic bot. "So, you're ready to die?" the voiced questioned.

"No. I am ready to kill you, though," Scavenger said, walking towards the voice, leering over him. He laid there, with his hands under his head, in a very relaxed pose. Scavenger lifted his E-tool above his head and prepared to slash down towards his nemesis. "Go to the pit!" he yelled, bringing the shovel down.