Status: In-progress sequal to the pilot. If you want to read this, check the pilot first.

Dysfunctional Team: Season 1

Cortical PT 3

As Shockwave was fishing through his database, Skywarp couldn't get rid of how uncomfortable this whole thing was. There was a cord in his neck injected in what Shockwave called the 'neural cluster,' and saying it was painful was an understatement. It was like someone had stuck a knife right through his neck and left it there, leaving him to bleed out, except he wasn't bleeding out. The longer it was in there, the less painful it got. Of course, by less painful, I mean that instead of a knife in his neck, someone stab him in the chest. Still painful, but compare to the other outcome, he would take it.

Skywarp also really wanted to talk to someone, but would prefer if it wasn't Shockwave. Just looking at him gave Skywarp the nerves. Having him stick a cord in his neck was just a bonus. Talking to him would most likely consist with him giving evil sounding answers. Or silence. Silence was also a likely way for him to answer.

After some debating, he decided 'frag it' and began asking questions. "So, how's the weather today?" Wow, that was cliché.

"From what I saw outside, it looked like a rust storm was coming in," Shockwave answer, keeping his eye on the screen where Skywarp's memories were showing.

"That happens often?" Skywarp asked, his voice a little strain. That cord hurts.

"No, it doesn't. It's the exact reason why I chose this area as my base of operations. Storms don't hit here often. Of course, storms have been occurring more often lately, with each one getting worse as time goes on." The screen showed him and Thundercracker arriving at Shockwave's base. He's going to need to fast forward some more.

"What was the last one like?" Skywarp asked.

"The building cracked and nearly collapse on itself. I imagine if the next storm was more powerful, it could take the building down," he said, without a single tone of his voice giving off anxiety, fear, etc.

"So, it would probably be best if we got out of here as soon as possible."

"Correct." The screen showed him and Thundercracker jumping out of the ship at Telos now. He was almost there.

"Right, so, how was old screamer when he showed up here?"

"Arrogant and foolish."

"Ah, yeah. I saw him on the footage. Talk about a fail." Skywarp said. The monitor was now at the security footage. Shockwave slowed the footage down to normal screen. It showed the seeker entering the room and doing what Skywarp already saw. Check the computer and then leave. Shockwave unattached the cord on his neck and removed Skywarp's cord as well. "So, we're done here?" Skywarp asked.

"Yes. Footage of the seeker acquired. Now we just need to find Swindle and leave this place."

"Alright, let's go find him."

XXX

Swindle had to give the turbofoxes credit for something; they were strong. When the red turbofox leapt on him, it almost knocked him over. Swindle balance himself quickly, however, and knock the creature back. The turbofox was briefly startled before leaping towards Swindle's neck again. Swindle dodge it and let it smash it's head in the console behind him.\

Swindle took advantage of this and attacked the animal with his blade. The blade hit its mark, imbedding itself in his body, almost hitting the spark chamber. The turbofox howled in pain at this. Swindle took measures to make the thing shut up permanently by swinging by swinging his other blade down on the turbofox neck.

The blade buried itself deep in the creature's neck, killing it almost instantly. Energon squirted out of the wound in a rapid pace, leaving some on Swindle's arm. Swindle took his blades out of the creature's body and retracted the energon-soaked blades back into his arms.

With his fight done, he checked the computer. It was done deleting the incriminating data. Swindle smiled at that, unable to keep the fact that Shockwave will now have to stay with him if he wants that data. With that done, he turn around and walked out of the room, but not before taking some of his time to kick the stupid turbofox off the bridge and into the chasm. Hey, it had it coming.

Swindle walked through the halls, until Skywarp gave him a called on the comm. link. "Hey, Swindle, where are you? We got the data and getting out of here."

"I'm coming from the labs. I should be at the exit in a cycle."

"Alright, hurry. The storm is getting more angry."

XXX

"Swindle will be here in a cycle," Skywarp said to Shockwave.

"Good. Skywarp, I want you to go ahead and teleport me to the ship. After that, you come back and get Swindle."

"Why?"

"It would be quicker of you teleport us out of here instead of walking to the ship," Shockwave explained.

"Alright, grab a hold of me." Shockwave did as he was told and hold onto Skywarp. Suddenly, Shockwave vision was blinded by a blue light and they were teleported to the med-bay.

Well, except for the fact that they were in mid-air.

The two fell to the ground together, with Skywarp screaming like a femme. The two landed with Skywarp on top of Shockwave, silencing Skywarp's scream. The two were in a bit of a haze as they tried to get up, but failed, collapsing back to the ground.

The door to the med-bay opened, letting in Hook. He stop when he saw the two in the room. "So, back already?" he asked. Skywarp groan in response. "Great. Say, where's my assistant at? He said he would wait for me." A groan from under the two answer his question. "You two are on Scavenger," Hook said, deadpan. Skywarp looked a bit startle and got up on his two feet, albeit a bit slowly. Shockwave, once Skywarp got up, got up quickly, exposing Scavenger beneath him.

"Ow," Scavenger said, barely online.

"Great job, idiots. You crushed my assistant." Hook growled out.

"My condolences," Shockwave said, before walking out of the room, acting as if nothing happen.

"Yeah, sorry doc. Gotta go now. Swindle's waiting for me." Skywarp teleported out of there, leaving Hook with his injure assistant. Hook scoff at the two idiots, before picking up Scavenger.

"Hey, hook. How are you?" Scavenger asked dazedly.

"Fine."

"Good. Said, why are you wearing a duck on your head." Oh dear…

XXX

Swindle was at the entrance now. He looked around for the two, but didn't see them. Odd. Maybe they left without him, which, if they did, was a serious douche move. Swindle grimaced at the thought. But they wouldn't leave him here, right? Oh, who was he kidding? They were Decepticons. They weren't known for helping their own.

Before Swindle could contemplate this further, Skywarp teleported into the room. "Hey Swindle, you're ready to go?"

"Where's Shockwave?"

"At the ship." Skywarp answered.

"Alright, teleport us to the bridge." Swindle ordered. Skywarp did what he said and grab a hold of Swindle and teleported them to the bridge. Unlike last time, there wasn't anything wrong with this teleport, as they both landed in the bridge with their feet on the ground. Dead End, Killshot, and Misfire looked at the new arrivals.

"Hey there, can we fly out of here now?" Killshot asked.

"Yeah, sure." Swindle said, as he walked to the cockpit. Once there, he started up the ship, whiling looking out the window of the ship. The storm was getting worse. The winds were coming faster now and some of the buildings were creaking. The ship was also being slightly push.

Swindle brought the ship up steadily, not wanting to accidentally crash the ship. The ship went up at a rapid pace until he was out of the atmosphere of Cybertron. Swindle breathe a sigh of relief at they exit Cybertron. Hopefully, he wouldn't have to go to that dead planet anytime soon.

The door to the bridge opened, letting in Shockwave. Swindle turned around at his entrance. "So, you got an image of the guy?" Swindle asked.

"Yes, I do. I just need to upload it to the computer."

"Well than, pick one. They're all on the same system." Shockwave did what he said and went to a computer to upload. Once he was done, he informed Swindle of it. "Alright, good. Now, let me see what this guy looks like." He walked up to the computer and pressed a few buttons. Suddenly, a 3-D image of the seeker show up on the table.

Swindle examine him. No sighs on him indication Autobot or Decepticon. The guy was definitely a seeker. He had a few scars on him, the most notable one being one that went from the middle of his chassis to his neck. On his back, he carried a Sniper rifle. From the looked of it, it looked like a Nucleon Charge Rifle. Similar, but different, to the null rifle Killshot used.

"This is the one who killed Thundercracker?" Dead End asked.

"That has to be him," Skywarp said, with some anger in his voice.

"So, how do we figure out who he is?" Killshot asked.

"I'll send this image of him around the information network," Swindle said. "One of them has to know who he is and if none of them know who he is, they'll have to spot him sooner or later."

"Alright, so, what do we do while we're waiting for the information?" Misfire asked.

"How do you guys feel about exploring some of the planets?" Swindle asked.