Status: In-progress sequal to the pilot. If you want to read this, check the pilot first.

Dysfunctional Team: Season 1

Jetpacks was Yes! PT 1

Skywarp flew around Espera, dodging every single large piece of floating land in his way. He didn't quite know where he was going, but he didn't care. He was just enjoying himself. Flying was always his favorite thing to do. He felt completely free from everything around him in these moments, especially when he was by himself and didn't have a screeching commander telling him what to do.

It also gives him some time to think of the recent events. Right now, he was thinking about that seeker in the video. Well, it was less thinking about him and more how many ways can he kill the bastard. There was always the classic plunge your claws in his chest and kill him, but why do only that? Why not rip his spark out while you're at it and dismember his body into small pieces; Then, with all of that done, melt his body down to be use as scrap metal to further desecrate his body.

Oh, yes, revenge was going to be sweet when he gets his servos on him.

With that one notion in his mind, he kept flying, thinking of more ways to torture that seeker. Maybe rip his wings and leave him in a room for a week. Seekers had a tendency to go a bit insane if they couldn't fly and watching him trying to fly but being unable too would be really fun to watch. Or maybe he can use acid to-

Wait, what was that?

Skywarp did a 180 and look back at what he saw. The only thing he saw was a hole in the ground, but he knew he saw something there. He flew to the hole and transform back to his robot mode, grasping onto the ground to stay on it. He look down the whole to see that the bottom wasn't that far away, but what really interested him was the hole cave on the opposite side of the hole… with a guard there. Said guard took notice of him and immediately went with telling him to go away.

"Hey, scram before I shoot you!" said the organic guard, Skywarp universal translator telling him what he said. Skywarp took of that, place his reptilian appearance. His pale-green skin was cover in scars and he didn't look to be in the best of shape. Nothing odd about that. There were other space-faring species beside Cybertronians. What was odd was the gun in his hand that looked like an assault rifle, grav-boots, and headset of Cybertronian origin. Now that was something you don't see every day. There was also a strange thing on his back that Skywarp didn't know what it was called, but he definitely saw it before. "Hey, quit staring and leave already or else I'll shoot!" the guard yelled at Skywarp, forming a deep scowl on his face. Skywarp was not amused.

"Oh yeah. Well you and what army?" he asked, before immediately putting a hand in his mouth to shut himself up. Rule number 1 in any situation in which you're facing the enemy: never question how many men they have. The guard's scowl turn into a twisted smile and talk into the headset.

"Hey, Goliath, its Zyglrox here and I got a problem here. This one piece of slag is annoying and won't leave. Care to show him some of the men we got here… alright. Hey, idiot, last chance. My boys are coming and they will completely wreck you if you don't leave right now!" the guard yelled at Skywarp. "Personally, I hoped you stay. It's been awhile since I've killed anyone!" Skywarp, while slightly worried, wasn't backing away because this one aft said he friends were coming over.

"Do you ever stop screaming?" he asked. "Fleshies like you shouldn't scream so much. Can mean bad things for your throat, from what I hear." That comment ended up making the guard frown even deeper.

"Alright, you ask for it! No matter what happens now, I'm definitely going to kill you now!" Zyglrox shouted once more at the annoying seeker.

"Yeah, well what are you going to do? Jump at me. I can fly, glitch!" Skywarp said to the guard. Zyglrox was about to report until he heard footsteps behind him. Out from the cave came 10 pirates, half like the guard and half Cybertronian. All of them carried the same strange thing on their back as Zyglrox wore along with the assault rifles.

"Well, you have officially pissed me off. Everybody, it's time to teach this jackass a lesson," Zyglrox told his allies.

"Hey, uh, slagbag. I don't know if you haven't notice this, but from what I can see, none of you guys can fly," Skywarp jeered at them. At this response, the guard gave a smile just a little smugly.

"Actually, I think you're a bit wrong on that account," he said, as he pushed a button on a device around his arm that Skywarp just notice. As he pressed the button, two wings popped out of the device on his back. The rest of the men did the same, wings come from the device at that backs. It was at that moment that Skywarp realized what they were: jetpacks.

"Oh scrap," Skywarp muttered to himself as he quickly changed into his alt mode and went back the way he came. As he left, the others quickly turn their jetpacks on and follow him, with Zyglrox leading the pack. Skywarp dodge the rocks in his way, trying to pick the hardest area for them to fly around while dodging their shots. The pack, for their part, appeared to have taken a lot of flying lessons and was dodging them as well as Skywarp.

Zyglrox was almost on Skywarp and was shooting even more shots than his men, preferring to shoot erratically instead of in burst fire. Skywarp dodge these and jerk upward to avoid his fire, where another one of the pack was there waiting to fire at him. Zyglrox shot upward, causing Skywarp to roll left to avoid the shots. The shots ended up hitting the reptilian member above him, most of them hitting him in the chest, killing him almost instantly and causing him to crash into one of the rocks and leave his body floating. Zyglrox paid no attention to the recently decease member as he continue to fire upon Skywarp.

Skywarp, really wanting this guy off his back, came up with a plan while dodging all the fire. He flew around several rocks, with the pack taking potshots at him. He kept flying and dodging until Zyglrox was right behind him, only a few meters away. The next shot he fire would not miss and he was taking his time to aim and hit him, enjoying this.

Skywarp suddenly slow down, letting the unwanted flyer ram into him. The organic's body slam right into Skywarp, face first. The resulting collision resulted in his skull getting fracture, leaving him in plenty of pain. Skywarp, adding insult to injury, then sped back up causing the flames from his thruster to hit Zyglrox. The reptilian like organism scream as his flesh was briefly cook under the intense heat as Skywarp flew away from him, the rest of the pack following him.

Zyglrox crash into the ground painfully, as his body rolled to a stop, his jetpack turned off. The alien scream as loudly as he could, the pain almost unbearable. He felt the worst headache in his life come upon him, along with dealing with the skin around his face having first-degree burns. He was lucky that it was only first-degree burns, considering the heat of the thrusters.

The reptile got to his feet slowly, his grav-boot keeping his feet on the ground. The pirate tried to look around, although it was a bit difficult with his eyes damage from the collision and the thrusters. He looked to see no one around him and he couldn't figure out where that bastard went.

With Skywarp nowhere in sight, he head flew back to the cave, hoping to get medical aid for his wounds.

XXX

Shockwave walked across the ground with Killshot and Dead End following him on the rocks floating above him. Dead End was leaping silently while Killshot was humming along to whatever music was playing. Both Dead End and Shockwave knew that tune from somewhere, but didn't quite know where. Shockwave really didn't care about knowing that, since it was unimportant to the situation at hand (or any situation, really), but Dead End couldn't get rid of how familiar it was, so he ask the question.

"Hey Killshot, what's that song you're listening too?" he asked. Killshot didn't react to his question, still humming along to his music. "Hey Killshot, can you hear me?" he asked in a slightly agitated tone. Killshot once again ignored him. Dead End, figuring that more physical measures would have to be taken to get him to answer that question, decided to jump onto the rock that Killshot was about to land on. Once he landed on it, Dead End grabbed him and ask again in a much more… persuasive tone.

"I'm listening to the song "Look at me, I'm waving" by Rosanna. You know that song, I'm guessing," Killshot said. Dead End looked at him like he just sprouted another head and was trying to kill it. "Okay, it's a guilty pleasure of mine. I know how completely retarded it is, but it's way too catchy for me not to listen to it," he said quickly, defending himself.

"You don't look like the type who listens to that dreck," Dead End said.

"Yeah, I know. I can't help it. It's just way too catchy for its own good," Killshot said, hopping to the next rock with Dead End following him.

"Do you sing along with it sometimes?" Dead End asked.

"No. Well… okay sometimes I do," Killshot said. "I know I just listen music credibility by saying that, but it's too frigging catchy," Killshot said, continuing to try and justified himself liking it.

"Calm down. I don't care. I was just asking cause it was really annoying me that I couldn't remember that song. Didn't she support the Autobots?" Dead End asked.

"Yeah, but as far as I can tell, she never went and fought in the war. Which, for her sake, is probably a good thing; I doubt she would last long. I heard she's at Talos IV right now, but I don't know for sure," Killshot said, with a shrug of his shoulders and leapt off the rock and onto the next one. "Hey, Shockwave. How far away is Skywarp from us?" he asked.

"He was moving away from us, but he's coming back," Shockwave said in his usual monotone.

"So Skywarp is flying back to us. Great. We'd come out here for nothing," Killshot complained.

"He's flying unusually quickly. He should reach us in about a cycle," Shockwave said, as he stopped in his tracks.

"A cycle? So we should be able to see him from coming very soon," Killshot said, as he hoped to a higher piece of rock. "Or at least we would if it wasn't for this damn fog. Seriously, why is there so much of it?" Killshot complained once again. He stared straight through the fog, looking for Skywarp. He waited for a few seconds to see Skywarp flame from his thrusters. Sure enough, he saw Skywarp emerged from the fog. "There's Skywarp." Killshot said. He watch Skywarp's approach and notice that as he came closer, more figures popped up behind him and he heard the sounds of gunfire. "And he brought some unwanted visitors," he said and looked at Shockwave and Dead End, who were already ready due to the fact that they could actually hear the gunfire earlier before him.

"Prepare to exchange fire," Shockwave said, his pad put up and his gun-arm ready to fire.

"Right, let's see if I can take one of those guys out," Killshot replied, drawing his gun and aiming it at one of the 'visitors.' He aimed at the head of a Cybertronian flyer, who was flying pretty straight, leaving him open. Killshot took careful aim…

BANG!

The shout took the Cybertronian's head off and he went crashing in a rock, not in a fireball, to Killshot's disappointment. "One down, eight more to go, I think. Oh, and just so you guys know, their flying using jetpacks. I find that pretty sweet and say we take them off their soon-to-be corpses," Killshot said, really wanting a jetpack.

"Opinion noted, but concentrate on killing the enemy first," Shockwave ordered.

"Alright, alright. Just give me a sec," Killshot replied and went back to picking them off. He aimed his gun at one of the reptilian pirate's head.

BANG!

The shot went right through the pirate's eye socket and out the back, killing him. Killshot went back to aiming at the another pirate, but at this point, the pirates had began to realize that there were other people shooting at them now and some of them started firing over at the Decepticons' direction. Killshot, Dead End, and Shockwave immediately took cover behind the dirt they could find with Killshot and Dead End behind one dirt ball of dirt and Shockwave behind a dirt mound, although they wouldn't really be good cover, as the shots kept taking pieces of the rock away. "Hey, Dead End, give me some cover fire while I tell Swindle about our current situation," Killshot said, as he contacted Swindle's ship.

"I can do that," Dead End said, and popped at of cover to fire with his Neutron assault rifle.

Skywarp realize that he was with his allies now and took advantage of the fact that there were more people to shoot at besides him. He took a sharp left turn and aimed at one of the Cybertronian pirates aiming at his allies. With him distracted, Skywarp fired a missile at the distracted pirate. The pirate didn't notice his end coming as it was coming closer to him…

BOOM!

The missile hit, actually leaving a fireball this time as the pirate crash and burn.

Shockwave stood behind his cover, taking pot shots whenever he could, trying to keep them at range. One of the reptilian pirates, however, thought it might be a good idea to use a more head on approach. While the Decepticons were busy shooting at his pals, he flank from behind and walk on the ground with his grav-boots. He sneak up behind Shockwave, who was currently shooting at one of the others. The pirate draw out his axe and ran quickly to Shockwave to try and land a blow before the foe notice. He was right at Shockwave as he raise the axe up and brought it down…

Only for Shockwave to grab the handle of the axe before it hit him. Just as suddenly, the pirate let go of the axe and collapse onto the ground, clutching his chest where a whole was. Shockwave stood above him with the axe still in his hand. "Wait, please don't kill me," the pirate beg. In response, Shockwave step on his chest and brought the pirate axe up in the air. "No, please don't do-" the axe buried itself inside the pirate's skull, killing him instantly. Shockwave step off the pirate and went back to engaging the other, leaving the corpse there.

BANG!

"Ha, gotcha! Took his head right off," Killshot yelled as he took off another one of the Cybertronian pirate's head off. Dead End traded fire with another one of the pirates while Killshot continue his conversation with Swindle. " Fragging pirates!... Yeah, we're almost done with them. Only a couple more left… Alright." Killshot addressed Dead End. "Swindle said to take care of these guys and then we'll make a plan.

"That implies we're going to shoot more. Great." Dead End remarked bitterly.

"So, are you by any chance going to add pirates into this poem of yours?"

"No, I don't think so," Dead End said as he sent a burst at a reptilian pirate. All of them hit him in the chest, killing him.

"Nice shot," Killshot complemented. Suddenly, a fireball of burning metal went right past the two and crash into the ground. The two looked at the body of the dead pirate before seeing Skywarp fly past them with another pirate on his tail. "Well, looks like Skywarp taking care of himself," Killshot noted dryly. He took notice of the fact that Shockwave was still engage with a pirate. "Hey, want to help Shockwave kill a pirate."

"What makes you think there pirates?" Dead End asked.

"The only time two different races fight together is against a intergalactic evil or together as pirates. Since I see no intergalactic evil, they have to be pirates. Plus, have you seen the way they look?" Killshot asked, pointing out the nonregulated uniforms.

"Alright fair point," Dead End agreed.

"Great, now, let's go help Shockwave kill that pirate," Killshot said happily, as he jumped off the rock towards Shockwave. Dead End sigh in annoyance and follow Killshot.

Skywarp duck, weave, and roll around as he dodged the shots of the Cybertronian pirate. A couple of the pirates shot had hit him, but they were cosmetic at worst. He dodged the shots of his pursuer, staying close to his allies. He had a plan to take care of him, but he just needed to wait for the right moment.

The moment came as he suddenly lurches up and, like he expected, the pirate follow him. Skywarp suddenly transform back to his robot mode and close line the pirate as he flew by. If he were organic, that would've ripped his head off; however, robots are a bit tougher to kill than that. Skywarp transform back into his jet mode and, while the other robot was busy shaking off the blow, rammed right into him. The jet pushed the grounder-with-wings back into one of the large balls of dirt in the air and transform back into his robot mode and, before the pirate could retaliate, plunge his servos right through his chest and into his spark-chamber. The pirate could only stare at his chest as the light dimmed in his green optics…

Shockwave was annoyed by this last reptilian pirate. This one actually stick to cover and only fire when he could do so without injuring himself. While Shockwave ponder how to deal with nuisance, Killshot jumped right next to him, empty-handed. "Hey Shock. What's up. Having a bit of trouble?" Killshot asked.

"I'm dealing with an annoyance," Shockwave answered.

"Me or the pirate?" Killshot asked cheekily.

"Both."

"Oh, well, sorry about that. If it makes you feel better, I feel the same about you," Killshot replied back, not too hurt by the statement.

"Where is Dead End?" Shockwave asked as he fire back at the pirate.

"Flanking the pirate. I figure I've killed enough right now and would let him take this one. I'm trying really hard to increase his body count," Killshot answered.

"And how is he going to eliminate the nuisance?" Shockwave asked.

"You'll see in a couple of seconds," Killshot said. "However, since I know you're just dying to find out, I lend him my null rifle."

BANG!