Sequel: My Forever Girl

Lost, Then Found

Ch. One

Kim’s P.O.V.

A woman can only take so much, and Eli definitely crossed that line. Why it took me so long to realize it is beyond me. He was what seemed to be the perfect boyfriend. Guess I had to learn the hard way that there’s no such thing as perfect. Part of me can’t help but to wonder where it all went wrong, but the stronger part of me doesn’t care and just hopes he’ll burn in hell. Knowing Eli he would probably make up an excuse, or tell you it was my entire fault that his once beautiful hazel eyes turned black, or his touch that once left me wanting more, now only left me black and blue. Being foolishly blinded by love left me the weak and pathetic woman I never thought I would become.

“New in town?” asked a beautiful woman with long brown hair. She had been sitting in the booth directly across from me. I would have noticed her right away if I hadn’t been so deep in thought over a man that was no longer good for me to love.

“Yeah, I just moved into town a few days ago.” I finally managed to reply.

“Welcome, and nice to meet you…”

“Kim.” I replied to finish her sentence.

“Nice to meet you Kim. I’m Bella Swan. Soooo, where are you from and how come you decided to move to Forks?” Bella asked as if there was something wrong with this town.

“I’m from New York, and a friend told me about Forks, she showed me pictures and I could not believe how beautiful it was. It’s even better in person.”

“Wow, New York! That’s a big change! Don’t you think you’re going to miss the big City?”

“Nah, it’s better for me and my dog! Fresher air, and by far less crowded, which also mean peace and quiet. This is like my own little piece of heaven!”

“Trust me; it will get boring real quick. You’re going to wish you were back home. You mentioned you had a dog, I love dogs, what kind do you have?”

“Siberian Husky named Koda! I actually have a picture of him on my phone.” I pulled out my phone retrieving one of the many photos of my medium sized, but well-built husky. He is brownish-red and white in color, one of the many reasons why I chose him. He was so different from the rest of his siblings. He also has the brightest blue eyes that melted my heart from the first time I laid eyes on him.

“He’s beautiful, he reminds me of a wolf.” Bella replied studying the picture.

“Another reason I got him, I love wolves, they are amazing creatures.”

Bella chuckled a little, “They can be. I have a friend that would love your dog.”

“Your friend has good taste.”

“Speaking of which I was supposed to be on my way to La Push to meet up with him, you’re more than welcomed to come if you have nothing better to do.”

“I mean I have nothing to do, but I don’t want to be a burden.”

“You wouldn’t be, besides, Jacob would love to meet the new girl in town.”

We were driving in Bella’s old Chevy truck for what seemed like an hour, but in reality were probably no more than 15 minutes. Everything is so spaced out over here. The roads being so long and curvy made any trip feel like an eternity. I could not complain though, the view was to die for. There is no way that I could ever get sick of this scenery. Either way you look you are surrounded by huge trees covered by moss hanging from the branches like tinsel hanging from a Christmas tree. When the sun managed to creep through the thick forest, the sight was absolutely breathtaking. The truck finally came to a stop when we finally reached a place even more incredible than the forest. The beach was covered with these huge tree trunks, in which almost making it seem like you’re in a maze trying to find your way to the ocean.

“Bella, where have you been?” A deep husky voice called from down the beach.

“Jacob!” Bella yelled with excitement as she ran to a fairly large man, jumping into his arms as she finally reached him. If she had not already told me that they were friends I would have assumed they were together. He hugged her an extra few seconds before gently placing her back on the ground.

“Jacob, this is Kim. She’s new in town, straight from the Big Apple.”

“Wow! A big city to a small town bit of a change isn’t it?”

“Yeah, it takes a little getting used to, but I love it so far.”

“Jacob, where is the rest of the group?”

“Sam’s with Emily at the house, and Paul, Jared, and Embry are um…. working, Quil is with Clair, and I haven’t seen Seth and Leah all morning thank god.”

“Jacob Black!” Bella shouted.

“Sorry, but the less I have to see Leah is the better. You know as well as I do that she is not the easiest person to get along with.” Jacob smiled.

This man had the world’s greatest smile. His smile literally made me smile, though I felt foolish considering I had nothing to smile about. Their whole conversation might as well been in a different language, I had no idea who they were talking about. Regardless of that, his smile was worth making a fool out of myself. I was so mesmerized by this man that I would have landed face first into the sand if it weren’t for a pair of warm tender arms catching me. I could feel my face flood pink with embarrassment. It was almost more embarrassing the way my skin betrayed me by showing how humiliated I had been. I was almost afraid to look up and meet the eyes of the person who saved me from even more embarrassment. I was so hypnotized by the beauty of Jacob that I didn’t even notice the new face that had joined the group.

“Whoa, are you alright?” This mystery man asked with the look of pure concern spread across his face. Bella and Jacob watched the conversation unfold close by, as if they were watching a movie that had been in the middle of a really good part. I’m glad my clumsiness could entertain them.

“Yeah, I’m fine. That branch just jumped in front of me.” I replied as the redness was I’m sure flooding my face once more.

“Hey Jared, way to save the day.” Jacob managed to blurt out between laughs. He shot a glare that would’ve surely killed Jacob if looks could really do that, before returning his sexy brown eyes to me. They were the color of chocolate chip cookies that had freshly been removed from the oven.
Everything about him thus far is amazing, from his short jet black hair, to the color of his skin that had been naturally kissed by the sun, to the muscular arms that still held me tight within them.