Sequel: My Forever Girl

Lost, Then Found

Ch. Thirteen

Kim’s P.O.V.

“Who are you? Family only!” Dr. Brady snapped when he entered the room and saw Jared sitting beside my bed holding my hand.

Before Jared had the chance to speak up I immediately shut the doc up with my answer. “He’s my husband.” Jared’s hand tightened around mine as his face lit up to my answer.

“Oh.” This was all the doc managed to reply. For some reason he didn’t look particularly happy about my answer. He quickly came in to complete his rounds and left as fast as he came. Normally he would sit around and chat until he was called back to the ER.

Thankfully Shianne was relatively quiet the whole night letting Jared and I have “alone time”, well as alone as we could get. It was nice; he basically talked about how he was never letting me out of his sight again. After a while he pushed two chairs close to my bed where he laid out, unfortunately his body still uncomfortable hung over the sides. That alone should have been enough to keep anyone up, but he drifted off to sleep way before I even felt the slightest bit tired. I mostly watched him sleep, as creepy as it sounds. He looked so peaceful. His chest lifted up and lowered back down with every breath he took. His light snores were soothing, they became my lullaby. I wanted to kiss him as he slept, but the pain made it impossible. As crazy as it sounds, whenever we would touch the pain would fade out, it would still be there, just not as bad. When we weren’t touching is when the pain would intensify.

I was pulled out of my sleep by the touch of hot lips on my forehead. I hadn’t remembered falling asleep.

“I’m sorry; I didn’t mean to wake you.” Jared whispered; sleep still lingering in his voice.

I smiled at the site of him, remembering he was really there, definitely not a dream. “It’s ok; I’d gladly wake up for that every morning.”

He returned the smile. “Are you hungry? I can go get you something.” He began to get up, but quickly sat down when I grabbed his arm. “No, please stay with me.” It came out like a whine, but I didn’t care as long as it kept him next to me.

“Ok baby, I’m not going anywhere.”

I could tell Shianne was still sleeping by the loud snoring. Jared sat just watching me, seeming completely content doing this. We had yet to talk about his journey here. I couldn’t help it, I wanted to know everything. It shouldn’t have mattered because he was sitting here right beside me, safe and sound, but yet I wanted to know how.

“Jared?”

He cocked his head to the left. “Hmmmm?”

“How did you get here? Why did you come? How did you find me?” The questions gushed from my mouth.

His face changed to confusion. “Kim why does any of that matter, I’m here baby girl.”

“It just matters to me, I want to know.”

He sighed in defeat. “Fine, I took the bus here. I came because I love you, don’t you believe me?”

He gave me this pained look that broke my heart, I almost felt bad for asking, but it felt like there was more to the story that he wasn’t telling me.

“I do believe you, I just don’t know why you love me, you barely know me.”

“I know enough to know that I love you. Don’t try to push me away because you’re scared, I’m not going anywhere.”

“What about my other question?”

“What was it?”

“How did you find me?”

“Easy, I followed my heart and it led me to you.”

His answer brought a smile to my face. “How though?”

“You’re very hard to please.” He replied jokingly. “There were a lot of obstacles along the way. I got to dress as a fireman so I would be able to cross the tape…”

I cut him off. “Jared, you could have been hurt…”

“And you could have been dead, I needed to find you. Now do you want to hear the story or not?”
There was this force that he said that with that made me shut up. He continued. “I was looking for you in the debris, and at one point I thought I found you, but it was someone else named Elijah. I had to keep him awake, keep him talking. I didn’t know how badly he was injured, so I just tried to keep him from going to sleep. If he did there might have been a chance he wouldn’t have woken up. Anyway, after that I helped a few other firemen. It seemed like I wasn’t getting anywhere there, so I ended up here. I found a Kim Schmidt on the list of patience and I decided to take my chances and see if it was you.”

He smiled and laid a kiss upon my lips. I was frozen in terror, he soon noticed my expression. “Kim what’s wrong?” He said with terror mirroring my face.

“You said you saved someone named Elijah.” Eli never used his full name. Could it be? Did Jared save the one man I hoped was dead?

When it seemed like it finally clicked in Jared’s head he shouted, “NO KIM, it wasn’t him. Please tell me it wasn’t him.” It almost came out as a growl, more animal sounding than human. He was shaking, his whole body vibrating making him a blur.

“I have to go Kim.”

The scene unfolding in front of me should have been enough to frighten anyone, especially me, but it didn’t. The only thing that scared me was Jared leaving and not coming back. I went to reach for his hand, but he quickly snatched it away.

“No Kim! Don’t touch me.” He roared. This didn’t stop me, and neither did Shianne screaming for me to leave him alone. I ripped the cords from my body and jumped up. I pushed Jared to the bed I had just removed myself from. I curled up next to him. The vibrating stopped, but he was still somewhat shaking. I crawled up to reach his lips where I began kissing him.

Instantly he stopped and his eyes flew open. He pushed me back just enough to free his lips from mine. “Kim what are you doing? You can’t be by me when I’m like this. You could get hur…”

“You wouldn’t hurt me Jared.” I stated cutting him off before he could finish his sentence.”

“There’s things you still don’t know about me. I can’t always control my anger, and I can’t have you near me. If something happened to you I would die, especially if I was the one who had done it.”

“What, do you turn into the hulk?” I said jokingly. He remained serious, obviously not in the joking mood.

“No, something worse.” He whispered almost too low for me to hear.

Jared gently picked me up and placed me back on the bed. He turned and walked four long strides to the door where he disappeared out of.

I was always messing things up. I didn’t mean to upset him; I was trying to calm him down. Looks like I did the exact opposite, because here I was once again without him.

I forgot Shianne was in the room until she spoke, “Kim he’ll be back, I’m sure he just went to clear his head.”

I didn’t respond back, I rolled on my side having my back face her. I let my tears silently fall to my pillow.

Jared’s P.O.V.

I didn’t want to leave Kim, but I had to. I wasn’t sure that I was completely calm, and I wasn’t going to take the risk of hurting Kim, or Shianna for that matter. I would never forgive myself if I harmed Kim the way Sam did Emily.

There he was, standing not even ten feet away from me. He was the cause of all my current problems, the wedge between Kim and I, the reason Kim probably thought I was insane right about now. He had the nerve to smile. I quickly wiped the stupid grin from his face as I grabbed him by the throat, slightly lifting him off the ground.

“If you even come near Kim again I will kill you.” I shouted catching bystander’s attention.

“Aw so she has told you about me. Good times.” He said with that smile creeping back to his face.

“I should end it now and just kill you right here.” I shouted even louder.

“Do it pussy.” He choked out with a grin.

My hand gradually tightened around his neck. Security came around the corner shouting “Knock it off; the police are on their way.” I focused on him a few more minutes before throwing him back into the wall.

Security and doctors rushed to his aide. “Do you want to press charges sir?” They asked as they pulled him from the floor. The psychotic fucker laughed. “Naw, let him go back to his girlfriend. He won’t have her for very long.” Just as they were taking him back into his room he managed to say one last thing. “Tell Kim I’ll see her soon.”

I roared and turned back ready to attack, my body began to shake violently, waiting for me to release the inner wolf, all until a hand touched my back. I turned to see someone I wasn’t expecting, it was Shianne. She backed away a few steps; I could only imagine what I must have looked like to her.

“Um sorry… I just thought you would want to know Kim is crying for you.” Most of my anger faded, but the feeling of guilt was ready to replace it.

“I’m sorry.”

“No need for that, just go to her.”

I made the short walk back to the room, but before I entered my phone vibrated in my pocket.

“Tell Kim I’ll be right there.” I said to Shianne, she nodded and went inside.

It was exactly who I thought it would be, Jacob.
“Hello.”

“Jared! Why haven’t you fucking called?” He screamed into the phone.

“Maybe because I’ve been busy with Kim, calling you was at the bottom of my list of priorities.” I shouted back. I could feel the anger creeping back.

“We’re worried back home too! You’re not the only one who loves her Jared!”

I knew he was right. I sighed. “Sorry, I’m not in the best of mood after dealing with Eli.” It was quiet for a brief period. I knew exactly what Jake was feeling, same thing I was feeling a few minutes ago.

“You ran into him? Did you kill him yet?” He screamed into the receiver for the second time.

“I’ll fill you in on that later. More importantly I found Kim.”

“How is she?” He was much calmer, relieved.

“She’s recovering.”

“Can I talk to her?”

“I think she would like that.”

Kim’s P.O.V.

I stopped crying long enough to hear someone come back into the room. I turned to see Shianne crawling back into bed.

“What’d you do?”

“Go to the bathroom, is that ok master?” She replied sarcastically. I turned back.

A few minutes later I felt a hot hand on my back. I turned to see Jared smiling, holding a phone to his ear with his other hand. As he looked at me his face grew sad. “I’ll call you right back.” He said into the phone before hanging up.

“Kim I’m so sorry.” He said.

“I thought you left.” I replied sadly.

“Baby I told you I wasn’t going anywhere.”

“You left the room though.”

He looked even sadder now. “I know, I was upset and I needed to calm down.”

“Were you upset with me?”

“No Kim, never. I was upset at my own stupidity baby girl, not you.”

He placed a couple kisses on my face. I sniffled a couple more times which earned me a few more kisses. I knew I looked like a big baby right now, but I liked the attention from Jared it was getting me.

“Who was on the phone?” I asked.

His face lit up as he pulled the phone back out and dialed a number he clearly knew by heart. “Someone who’s eager to hear from you.” He replied.

“Hey, she’s ready to talk now.” He said into the phone before handing it over to me.

“Hello.” I said shyly.

“Kim I’m never letting you go anywhere ever again.”

“JACOB!” I shouted with excitement making Shianne jump, and Jared laugh. Jacob laughed a little. “God it’s good to hear you voice again. How are you chica?”

“Better, now that Jared’s here.” I said as I smiled at Jared who smiled right back.

“That’s good. How’s your friend?” He hesitated. “She made it right?”

“Yeah, she’s good, barely a scratch on her.” I answered.

“That’s good news.”

“Jacob, I miss you.” Jared turned after I said that. I couldn’t tell if it upset him or not. I had already confessed my love for him; could he really still be jealous?

“I miss you too Kim! When are you coming home?”

“Hopefully soon!”

“Someone else misses you a lot.”

“Who?”

“Koda.” He laughed.

“Awwwwwww, how’s my baby?”

“He misses you. He lies in your bed all day, only getting up to eat and go out to the bathroom.”

“My poor baby.”

“All the more reason to hurry up and get better.”

“I will. I promise.”

“Good! Everyone told me to tell you hello and hurry home.” That touched me, people that barely knew me cared so much.

“Tell them I will, because I have to make it to the dinner they invited me to.”