Sequel: My Forever Girl

Lost, Then Found

Ch. Twenty-Two

Kim’s P.O.V.

It had been almost a month since I found out about my relation to Billy and Jacob. I had always felt very close to Jacob and even protective over him. Maybe deep down I sub-consciously knew. Not like they weren’t family before, but ever since the truth came out it felt like we were finally a real family. Shianne and I were by Billy and Jacob’s house for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Even if the boys weren’t there, we’d still hang out with Billy. He seemed to enjoy our company.

Billy told me stories about my father and my mother often; it felt almost like I knew them. He told me my mother dreamed of being a singer and/or an actress. Though the big part of them wanting to move to New York was to give me a better life, there was a tiny part of her that had hopes of making it to Broadway. My dad loved my mother so much that he gave her anything that she wanted, no matter what the cost, which is why Billy exclaimed they often butted heads. He went on talking about it was nothing against her personally, she was a wonderful person. He shamefully admitted he was jealous of her, jealous of her because before she came into the picture he and my father were extremely close; they were best friends. That all changed once mom came around.

My father enjoyed working with his hands. He liked building things and fixing things ever since he was little, sounded like someone else I knew, must be where Jacob got it from. Billy explained how he helped their father build this very house. He showed me the beautiful coffee table displayed in their living room in which my father built for Billy as a birthday gift one year. There was so much detail, he’d spent days working on it out in the garage in secrecy. On the top of the table he had carved in a background of mountains and wolves howling at the moon. Billy offered it to me, seeing as I had nothing from either of my parents, but I didn’t feel comfortable taking that from him, so I kindly declined the generous gesture.

*-------------------------------------------------------*

Bella once again was able to succeed in popping up in our lives. Though thinking about what Bella and Edward spent their time doing on their honeymoon was something I did not want to think about, her current condition forced us all to.

We all got word from Billy, who got word from Charlie that Bella caught a “bug” while gone on their exotic honeymoon. Soon we all caught wind of the real source of her “sickness”.

Billy and the wolves knew better than to fall for the cover up story that was given to Charlie by the Cullen’s. The wolves needed to know what was really going on; it was too close to home to ignore. Sam decided to send Jacob over to the Cullen’s house to check things out. Jacob imprinting on Shianne led Sam and the rest of the wolves to believe Jacob would be able to maintain a level head no matter what the circumstances may have been. Little did we all know that seeing Bella’s swollen belly would set him off.

The wolves weren’t the only ones that have been on edge; Shianne has been left completely confused by Jacob’s reaction. A month ago I might have been just as worried as her, but I now believed Jacob wouldn’t do anything to hurt her, at least not intentionally. It was confirmed by the conversation I had with Jacob.

“Shianne’s still not talking to me?” He asked not meeting my gaze.

“Nope.”

He sighed and dropped his head to his hands. “I swear I’m not in love with Bella. Why won’t she believe me?” I’m not sure if he was whispering it to me or to himself.

“Jacob, I know you love Shianne, but what set you off? You have to know how that must look to Shianne knowing that you were once in love with Bella. Although I don’t understand how it can happen, if she’s pregnant by her vampire husband why does it matter to you?”

He sighed, and then finally met my stare with watery eyes. “I’m not in love with Bella, but that doesn’t mean I’ve stopped loving her. We’ve been friends for a very long time; she and Charlie have almost been somewhat like an extended family to Billy and me. This thing will kill her. Losing her would be like losing you or anyone from my family,” he finished as a tear rolled down his cheek. I’d never seen Jacob look so helpless before; it broke my heart.

“I’m sorry Jake.” Here Jake was completely broken, and that was the only brilliant phrase I was able to come up with.

“That’s not even the worst part,” he continued. What could possibly be worse than this, I thought to myself. “Sam wants to eliminate the problem.” I could barely make that out as Jacob sobbed covering his face with his hands.

I was almost afraid to ask. “What do you mean?”

“Eliminating the problem means also eliminating Bella.”

“Sam’s alone on that thought though right? I mean, you guys are here to protect humans, not destroy them. Nobody will agree with him.” I wasn’t exactly a fan of Bella’s, but I would never want to wish any harm upon her especially knowing how much pain it would cause my cousin.

“Besides Seth and me, no one objected to it,” he whispered.

“Jared?” I gasped. Needless to say Jared and I weren’t talking after the blow up we had over this whole situation.

“Jared how could you think this is a good idea. Bella is human, you all are supposed to protect the humans, not kill them.”

“What she’s carrying could be a danger to humans. We can’t just sit around and allow that to happen.”

“Notice you used the words ‘could be’. You don’t know for sure, and you’d be ok with killing this woman?”

“We can’t take that risk, and yes, if killing her means I’m protecting my tribe from the demon she’s carrying, then I’m good with that.”

I was completely taken aback by the amount of disgust I was feeling towards Jared and his attitude about this whole situation. I could see the pained looks he gave me knowing he was making me unhappy, but that just wasn’t enough for him to side with me.

“You don’t even like her, why are you so upset?” He mumbled under his breath, but I was still able to catch it.

“Are you serious right now? No, I’m not a fan of hers, but that doesn’t mean I would want her dead. Besides, do you know what this is doing to Jacob? Please Jared, don’t do this,” I pleaded.

He sighed and dropped his head. “Kim, this isn’t easy for me either. I just need you to be on my side.”

“Jared if you’re asking me to pick between you and my family, well, then I hope it won’t be a surprise to you who I choose,” I spat at him.

Jared got up and slowly walked to the door, his gaze still on the ground rather than meeting my stare. Right before he walked out the door he threw one last sentence over his shoulder that had me fuming. “Somehow I don’t believe you would side with me even if you weren’t his cousin.”

Shianne and I decided to take the day off and head to the beach for a picnic to get our minds off the boys even though we knew it would probably turn out to be an epic fail.

“Kim, I miss him,” Shianne whined. I knew they would be brought up at least once during our venture to First Beach, but I didn’t think it would only be 23 seconds into our picnic before it would happen.

“If you miss him so damn much, then why are you torturing him and yourself by not talking to him?” I asked with a hint of annoyance seeping through.

“I don’t know. I guess I’m being selfish. I mean, I just got him. She could have had him, but she chose Edward instead. Why is he still defending her? Is it always going to be this way? Will he always shout how high when she asks him to jump?”

“Shianne, Sam wants to kill her; I think he has a pretty damn good excuse for defending her. You’re his imprint Shianne, he loves you more than anything in the world. You have to understand that he and Bella have been friends since they were kids; he’ll always love her.”

Shianne rolled her eyes in response. “Ok Shianne, think of it like this, you were in love with Michael right?”

She nodded. “You guys broke up, and you don’t feel that way about him anymore, but you still care about him, correct?”

“Yeah, but that’s…” She paused for moment before continuing. “Oh my god, I’m being such a bitch to him.”

“Yeah, you pretty much are.”

She shot daggers at me. “KIM! You’re not exactly helping.”

“Sorry. I’m not in the best of moods either. I can’t believe Jared is going along with Sam’s plan.”

“Yeah, yeah I need to go see Jacob. Don’t wait up,” Shianne called over her shoulder as she grabbed the set of keys and took off in my car.

Well, thanks for leaving me here. How the fuck was I going to get home? I decided to pack up the stuff and start the walk back home. The sun was going down and it was starting to get cold. This couldn’t get any worse.

My recent thought about my situation not being able to get any worse was proven wrong when it started to down pour; me and my big mouth. My clothes were instantly soaked, I must have looked like a drowned rat. At least it couldn’t get any worse than this.

Wrong again.

I was beginning to feel nauseous again. I must have looked like a drunk trying to keep my balance caused by the dizziness I was experiencing. All it took was a small crack in the road to send me to the ground.

I blacked out, but was quickly brought back by the hot temperature I was now being pressed up against.

“Jared?” I whispered trying to focus on what was before me as I opened my eyes.

“He’s on his way. Are you ok, Kim?” The voice was familiar. It wasn’t Jared’s, but somehow it stilled soothed me the same way Jared’s always did. I laid there taking in the man that was looking down at me. Strands of his jet black hair kept falling over his face, covering his deep brown eyes.

“Embry?” I whispered looking up at the man confused.

“Are you ok Kim?” He asked again.

“Yeah, I’m fine. I just lost my balance, that’s all.” I replied.

“What happened are you ok Kim? Embry, what happened?” Jared shouted as he rushed through the front door.

“I’m fine Jared. Feel free to let yourself back out.”

“Kim, just let me take care of…”

“Have you changed your mind concerning what we talked about?”

“Kim, that’s not important right now.”

“Have you changed your mind?” I repeated a little louder.

“No.” He replied also raising his voice.

“Then you can get out.”

“Kim…” He whispered with that pained look.

“GET OUT!” I yelled. He swung the door open and before he even made it down the last step he
was phased into the huge brown wolf.

There were a few minutes of silence before Embry decided to be the first one to break it. “I don’t mean to be in your business, but what was that about?”

“As if you don’t know, I can’t believe you’re all so calm about everything you’re planning to do. Bella’s human, does her life mean nothing to you all? You know what, forget it. Thanks for bringing me home, but get the hell out of my house.” I pushed away from him.

“Whoa whoa whoa, not all of us feel that this is the best solution. Before you came around Jacob was my best friend, I care about what this is doing to him. I’ve known Bella for a few years now, though we’re not close I still consider her as a friend. This is going against everything we’ve ever known, and it’s not easy on any of us.”

Embry got up from the couch and started walking towards the door. He was right, I don’t think I was blowing things out of proportion, but I wasn’t looking at things through the wolves’ point of view.

“I’m sorry Embry.” I pulled him back. I didn’t want to be alone, and most of all I didn’t want him to leave. “You’re right. I was so angry when I found out that I didn’t think about what the rest of you were going through, but does it have to come down to her death. There has to be another solution.”

“Jacob, Seth, and I are trying to think of another way, but this thing that Bella is carrying is growing fast. We’re running out of time, and if we can’t figure something out Sam will order us all to do what needs to be done to protect the people of La Push and Forks.”

*-----------------------------------------------------------*

I shivered from his touch. His warm hand traveled down my naked body leaving a trail of goose bumps behind. His mouth was working on my left breast. A quiet moan escaped my mouth as his tongue traveled down my body, taking the same path his hand previously did making stops along the way. He began kissing my hips as his hands worked at spreading my legs. My head flew back on the pillow and my eyes closed, I was ready for him, I wanted him inside me. I wasn’t expecting his next move, instead of feeling his hard dick deep inside me; I felt his hot breath against my entrance as his tongue began flicking around it.

“JAAAAAARRREEED!” I screamed as my hips instinctively rose off the bed pushing his face deeper into me. My hands traveled through his hair pulling at strands of it.

“Kim, wake up. Are you ok?” I heard a voice call from a distance. My body was being shook. “Kim, wake up. What’s wrong?” The voice called again. My eyes finally flew open only to see Embry staring down back at me with concern written all over his face.

He took in a breath and his cheeks flushed pink. “Oh, I’m sorry.” He said avoiding eye contact with me. My face was burning with embarrassment.

Just as I was about to get up from my place in bed I heard my front door swing open, two seconds later an out of breath Jared was standing in the door way of my bedroom with a worried look displayed across his face.

“Kim are you ok, I heard you…” He stopped mid-sentence and took a whiff of air. His face grew hard and angry as his face turned towards Embry standing off in the corner of my bedroom. Jared’s body began trembling as he took two long strides toward him.

“Jared, I know this looks really bad, but I swear I didn’t…” Embry began holding his hands up as if he was surrendering.

“What the fuck are you still doing here?” Jared shouted in his face.

“I was worried about her; I wanted to make sure she was ok until either you or Shianne came home.”

“Jared he didn’t do anything, honest.” I said squeezing myself between the two men, creating distance between the two.

“Then why can I smell you?” He spat still holding his glare on Embry.

“I was having a dream about you.” I started. “I must have been screaming and Embry rushed in to check on me.” I said while placing both hands to his face and moving it so he had no choice but to look at me.

A smile pulled at the corners of his lips as he finally looked back at me with a hint of darkness to his eyes. “You were dreaming about me?” He asked with a cocky tone of voice seeping through. I nodded in response as my cheeks flushed pink for a second time. “Dreaming about me doing what to you exactly?” He asked, again, with the cocky tone and the cocky smile to match it.

“Ugh, I’m going home. See you guys later.” Embry said pushing past us to get to the exit.