Sequel: My Forever Girl

Lost, Then Found

Ch. Twent-Three

Embry P.O.V.

Why isn’t she answering? Should I go over there? I’ve been driving myself crazy going over these same questions over and over again, but not being able to come to the right conclusion. I didn’t want to get into it with Jared again, but was it so bad for me to want to make sure Kim was ok?

“Em, who are you calling?” Jacob called.

“Ugh, no one. I was just checking my voicemail.” I knew I didn’t sound convincing, but it didn’t really matter. Jacob always knew when I was lying and vice versa, we were best friends.

“Cut the crap Embry. Since when do you hide stuff from me? You’ve been acting strange lately, so what’s up?”

Jake was my best friend, besides Quil, but could I trust him with this information? Ever since Kim came into our lives Jacob has been hanging out with Jared a lot more. Was I jealous, no, but not sure I could trust him to keep these new and strange feelings I was experiencing towards Kim, a secret.

“Come on Em, tell me what’s going on.”

I blew out a puff of air and decided to take the risk and confide in my best friend. “I was calling Kim. I don’t know why, but ever since I found her on the side of the road that day I’ve been worried about her. There’s something drawing me to her. She smells differently, and I’m attracted to it. Even her heart beat soothes me. I don’t know what’s going on.”

Jacob’s mouth dropped. For once he was speechless, that never happened. “You don’t think you imprinted on her do you? I mean, is that even possible? Can two wolves imprint on the same person?”

“I don’t know, but I don’t think it’s that. I’m not having the same feelings that I see you guys having through your thoughts. I just feel protective over her.” I replied. Jacob looked off in another direction.

“Does Jared know you’re having these feelings?” Jacob finally asked turning back to face me.

“I’m here still in one piece, so no, Jared doesn’t know. I’ve managed to avoid phasing while he was in wolf form.”

“Well, you better think of what you’re going to do tonight because Sam has you and Jared running patrol together.”

Jared’s P.O.V.

Being a giant wolf that’s purpose is to protect its people from monsters you get the feeling that you’re untouchable, nothing would ever be able to hurt you. That’s what I used to think before I met Kim. When I met her I no longer felt like I had control over my life. She had the power to strengthen me. She was the spinach, and I was Pop Eye. At those moments I was back to feeling the way I used to feel, untouchable. As good as imprints could make you feel they also had the power to destroy you, and right now Kim was my kryptonite.

Nothing good ever comes from eaves dropping, I’ve learned that the hard way. I should have walked away, but when I heard his name come out of her mouth I couldn’t help but stop and see what she could have possibly had to say.

“Shianne, can I confess something to you?” I heard her light quivering voice ask from inside the house as I stopped outside the door to listen.

“Kim, we’ve been friends how long? You know you can tell me anything.” Shianne replied.
I could hear her take in a deep breath before she began to break my heart with her words. “You remember Embry right?”

“The kid that found you the other night, right? Yeah, what about him?”

“I don’t know, it’s just..”

“Spit it out Kim.”

“I’ve been feeling differently lately, and it only happens when he’s around.”

“What do you mean?”

“My stomach starts fluttering, and everything just feels complete when I’m around him.”

I know I’ve said it before, but in that moment I truly was experiencing the worst kind of pain that could ever possibly be felt. The result of vampire venom running through my veins would not even come close to what Kim was putting me through.

I could feel the wolf scratching from the inside demanding his presence to be shown. I wouldn’t deny him that, I just can’t stay here.

Kim’s P.O.V.

“So you have a crush on Embry now? Jared’s not enough for you; you got to have both of them?” Shianne replied with a grin across her face.

“Knock it off. I didn’t say I had a crush on Embry, I love Jared, there’s no questioning that. I have just been feeling differently around Embry. I like being around him.” I paused and thought about what I just said. “Ok, I guess it does sound pretty bad, but… I don’t know how to explain it.”

“Is it the same feelings you had when you met Jacob?” Shianne asked trying to understand.

“Kind of, but only stronger. There’s this pull, or force whenever he’s around.”

“Kind of like what you experience whenever you’re around Jared?”

“No, not that strong. I guess it would be somewhere in the middle.”

“Do you really think it’s a good idea to have him come over for dinner?”

“Why would it be a problem? Besides, we need him over here. We have to figure out how to save Bella so they aren’t forced to kill her. Jacob and Seth will be here, so it should be less awkward.”

“Whatever.” Shianne replied rolling her eyes.

As I walked to my room to get dressed I began to think about Jared. Would he be able to tell? I shuttered at the thought of what he would think if he knew. I remembered how he acted when Jacob and I got close before we found out Jacob and I are cousins. I can’t imagine what he would do or how he would act if he found out about these feelings for Embry.

I took a quick shower and found a pair of my favorite jeans and an orange tank top. I slid the jeans on, but had no luck getting them buttoned. You got to be freaking kidding me. Shianne walked in on me using the trick every girl uses to get into a pair of old jeans. I layed down on the bed and tried again to zip them up, still ending up unsuccessful.

“Hey tubby, looks like you need to go on a diet.” Shianne said laughing. I glared at her before returning to the dresser to find another pair of jeans. Same thing happened with those. What the hell, was I really packing on the weight?

“Shianne, do I look like I’m getting fat to you?” I asked as I stood in front of the mirror checking myself out.

“No, but the jeans don’t lie. Hey, those are cute. If they don’t fit you anymore, can I have them?” She asked still laughing. I stuck my tongue out at her before throwing the pair of jeans in her face.

I guess I’d be wearing sweat pants until I got around to go shopping for new jeans. I pulled out my favorite pair of sweats. They were gray with black lettering down the side reading La Push.

The front door swung open as three Quileute boys trotted through my living room.

“What’s for dinner cuz?” Jacob called out as he scooped Shianne up in his arms and kissed her aggressively.

“Whatever you make yourself.” I called back.

“Kim, I can’t cook. I’ve burned cereal.” Jacob replied with a serious face, before busting out laughing.

“Jacob, how is that even possible? You don’t cook cereal.” Shianne said between laughs.

“Don’t worry, I made Lasagna.” I replied.

“It smells really good.” Embry said with a shy smile spread across his face. My stomach fluttered as
I returned the smile. “Thank you Embry.”

Seth came up and gave me a hug. “Is it ready yet, I’m hungry.” He asked. “Almost, I’ll go check on it now.”

“Do you need any help?” Embry asked. Shianne looked at me with an evil grin. I glared back at her before returning my attention back to Embry.

“Um, I guess you could set the table if you don’t mind.”

He nodded and followed me into the kitchen. “The plates and silverware are over there.” I pointed to the stack of plates placed on the counter. I watched for a few seconds as he placed each plate just right upon the table. I jumped as the timer went off. As I opened the stove to check on the Lasagna I got a whiff of it. Normally it would have smelled good to me, but in that moment my stomach churned. I could feel the contents of my lunch rising in my throat. I placed a hand over my mouth and almost knocked Embry over as I pushed past him to get to the bathroom. The contents of my lunch were released into the porcelain god.

“Kim, are you ok?” Shianne asked as she opened the door and slipped inside.

I wiped my mouth and sat back on the floor holding my legs to my chest rocking back and forth. Tears began rolling down my cheeks as that uneasy feeling returned leading me to hunch over the toilet again. This time nothing came out as I gagged into it. Shianne held my hair with one hand and rubbed my back with the other.

“Where’s… Jared?” I managed to get out.

“I don’t know.”

“Jacob, can you please try to get Jared here. Kim is asking for him.” Shianne shouted out the door.

Ten minutes later both Shianne and my head shot up at the sound of growling.

“What the hell is that?” Shianne asked before rushing out of the bathroom.
I managed to get up and make my way to the bathroom sink. I formed a bowl with my hands under the running water and splashed my face. As I began brushing my teeth Shianne came rushing back in through the door.

“Kim you got to come out here. Jared and Embry are fighting.”

When I rushed outside I was horrified by what I saw. My huge brown wolf had his jaw clenched around the gray wolf’s neck. My head began spinning as I heard whimpering coming from one of the wolves. Everything was spinning; I couldn’t focus on which wolf it had come from.

“Stop fighting.” I cried out as I dropped to the floor of the porch.
I was able to pick my head up just enough to see both wolves walking over to me as if nothing happened, as if they weren’t just trying to rip each other’s heads off seconds ago. My big brown wolf nudged me with his snout and let out a whine.

“I’m tired. Can you help me to my bed Shianne?”

“Of course.” Shianne replied helping me up and putting an arm securely around me.

“What the hell is wrong with you Jared?” She shot over her shoulder before we entered the house.
Shianne walked me to my bedroom where she helped me into bed before leaving. I heard muffled voices outside my bedroom door, but couldn’t make out what was being said, or who it even was. A few minutes passed before I heard my bedroom door squeak open. I turned over to see Jared entering my room making his way over to the bed. He stopped for a brief second and glanced up at me with apologies written over his face. I turned back over not saying a single word. I felt like I should have said something, asked him why he had been attacking Embry, but I couldn’t find the right words. I was angry with him, and I knew that the anger would show through if I spoke to him, which would probably lead him to leave, and even though I was angry with him I wanted him to be there. I wanted him to lay with me, I wanted to feel his warm arms around me, and I wanted him to make me feel better.

I felt the bed shift as Jared climbed in and gently hovered over me to place a kiss on my forehead. He then gently placed his head to my stomach where he used it as a pillow.

Jared’s P.O.V.

There was nothing I could say to tell Kim how sorry I was. I don’t know what came over me. One minute I’m in a hurry to get to Kim after Jacob’s call telling me something was wrong and that she was asking for me. The next, I see him walking out of the house and everything went red. I couldn’t get Kim’s face out of my head, disappointment, anger, and sadness all present.

She wasn’t pushing me away or screaming for me to leave, at least I had that going for me.
I wrapped my arms around her waist and placed my head against her stomach. Even if she was angry with me, I wanted to show her I was here for her.

Her breathing became more even as she began drifting off into a deep sleep. As I laid there with my head against her stomach I noticed a thrumming sound. The sound of her heart? I gently moved up the bed successfully without waking her. I placed my left ear to her chest to hear the slow paced thumping of her heart beat. I returned to her stomach where I heard the same thrumming as before.
My eyes grew wide as everything was now starting to make sense, I think Kim is pregnant.