Sequel: My Forever Girl

Lost, Then Found

Ch. Thirty-One

Kim’s P.O.V.

Ever since the meeting between the pack I’ve been going stir crazy. The wolves began patrolling more as the number of vampires grew around town. Like the Cullen’s, some fed off of animal blood, while the ones with the crimson eyes promised they’d hunt outside of the area, away from La Push and Forks. The wolves of course made sure of this.

To say I was unhappy about this was an understatement. Things were beginning to fall back in place with Jared and me, so my blood boiled at the thought of Jared standing alongside the Cullen’s in what could possibly turn into a battle. How would I ever be able to handle losing him, if that’s what it came to?

No longer able to deal with my own anger that was building up, I decided to seek out one of the people allowing this madness to happen, to unleash some of my fury. I grabbed my keys and slammed the door behind me. The copper color of my skin turned white around my knuckles from the tight grip I had on the steering wheel as I drove to La Push.

My body burned from rage as I pulled up to the little red cabin. I hadn’t even thought of what I was going to say to him if he was even here. Pushing that aside, I let my anger take over as I waddled up to the door pulling it open with all the strength I could muster up.

Billy wheeled around the corner flashing me his usual warm smile. “Kim, it’s so nice to see you.”

“Where is he Uncle Billy?”

His smile faded as pure concern invaded his features. “What’s wrong?”

“Where’s Jacob?” I shouted. Billy gaped at me in shock of the tone I’d never before used when speaking to him.

“What’s going on Kim?” A deep husky voice asked. I spun around and was face to face with one of the people I never thought I’d be so infuriated with. Without thinking, my hand rose to smack him across the face. The pain coursing in my hand from the blow was numbed by the growing anger from knowing that it caused him no pain at all. If I had been in my right mind this wouldn’t have come as a shock to me, but I wasn’t in my right mind. I was currently crazed by this gnawing in the pit of my stomach that told me something bad was going to happen.

“You need to calm down!” Jacob’s voice boomed as he grabbed my hand preventing me from possibly breaking it this time, as I tried to hit him again.

I laughed, “Calm down? You want me to calm down?”

Jacob pulled me outside with ease, even as I tried to fight against him. “Come on Kim, let’s get you home.” He replied slightly annoyed, but still brushing off my anger as if there was no reason for it; treating me like I was the insane one when he was the one who decided to fight alongside his mortal enemies if it came down to that.

“I’m not going anywhere Jacob!” I spat out, in complete disgust.

“Kim what’s wrong with you?” Shianne finally spoke, diverting my attention from Jake, and bringing it to her for the first time since I’d arrived.

“I can’t believe you’re standing by him, don’t tell me you agree with this.” I replied glaring back at her.

“I…” She was lost for words as she looked between Jacob and me.
With a slight grin pulling at the corner of my lips I decided to play dirty to get my best friend on my side. “Come on Shianne, aren’t you the least bit curious as to why he was so quick to defend them…. To fight for her if it came down to it.” I replied, trying to dig up any insecurity Shianne might still have when it came to Jake and Bella.

Jacob’s grasp slightly tightened around my arm. I saw the flames in his eyes as I turned to look at him. Jacob rarely lost his temper with me, but I knew I was pushing the limit when his hand began to vibrate on my arm.

“Let her go Jacob.” Embry said as he came racing from the woods. As he drew closer he slowed his pace knowing his Alpha was desperately trying to fight against the release of his wolf. Embry cautiously reached out to Jacob’s hand that still gripped my arm, and slowly began uncurling Jacob’s fingers.

When Embry finally got me free from Jake’s grasp he began gently pulling me back towards my car. “I’ll take her home man.” He replied in a calm and steady voice.

I fought against him, and somehow managed to break free. “Let me go Embry, I’m not done here.” Looking back at Jacob I shouted, “Why would they come back here Jacob?”

He stood silent, when he finally got the wolf under control he proceeded to speak. “The Volturi are coming…”

I cut him off before he could get the rest out because that answer was invalid to me. “The Volturi would have gone wherever they were, so why travel back to Forks putting the lives of innocent town’s people in harm’s way?” I paused again, but not long enough to let him begin to speak this time. “I’ll tell you why Jacob,” I spat, “they were counting on that love you once had for Bella, to be enough to get you on their side so they would gain the power of the wolf pack in case it came down to a fight. They’re using you Jacob, she’s using you all over again and you’re letting her. I don’t see this benefitting anyone but her. She made her decision, let her deal with the consequences.” I paused once again, letting my words sink into his thick head.

His vibration picked up, and his voice came out harsh. “You were on my side before when it came to helping her, what changed?”

When I started up again my voice came out softer, sympathetic. “I know you loved her, and I know once upon a time she was your best friend…” A surge of anger swept through me again from the memory of when I first got to Forks; seeing the pain she put him through over and over again, causing the harshness in my voice to return, “When I offered to help she was still human but newsflash Jacob, she’s dead and she’s not you’re friend anymore. You’re offering to put you’re pack’s life in danger to help a bunch of corpse.”

“Enough Kim, let’s go home.” Jared wrapped a gentle arm around me, pulling me into his side and guiding me away from my cousin. Being caught up in the anger I hadn’t realized we now had an audience, the rest of the pack had formed a semi-circle in back of me.

“Wait,” I said placing a hand on Jared’s chest hoping he’d let me say one last thing. I turned back to face my cousin. “Did you even once think about the lives that could be lost if this plan doesn’t go the way the Cullen’s hope it will?”

Jared allowed me to stand there and wait for an answer, but it didn’t come. “Come on baby, let’s get you home.” Jared and Embry started guiding me again, back to my car. Thinking I wasn’t going to get a response, I reluctantly fell to Jared’s command.

“Everything will be ok, I promise.” For an Alpha, his voice came out soft, and weak. Even he was unsure of what he just said.

I scoffed, that’s the only thing he could say after I laid all that out for him to see. It still didn’t open his eyes to the dangers of this “mission”. “You can’t promise me that, but for the sake of Mika and my unborn child I hope you’re right Jacob. If I lose Jared, and my baby has to grow up without a father; I’m letting you know now, family or not, I will NEVER forgive you!”

As I turned around to continue the walk back to my car a bolt of pain shot through my abdomen, I would have fell to my knees from the pain if it weren’t for the two men on either side of me holding me up. I gasped in pain at the second bolt of pain; it was more intense than the first.

“What’s wrong Kim?” Jared asked with a worried expression.
I felt an intense amount of pressure in the pelvic area, the baby wanted out. “Something’s wrong…” I gasped at the cramps that swept through again. “The baby.”

That was the only thing I needed to say; Jared had me in his arms and in the car within seconds. He had one hand on the steering wheel and the other intertwined with mine for support.

“We need to get her to the hospital.” Embry commented from the backseat.

“Why are you here?” Jared glared through the rearview mirror.

“I’m here to help.” Embry snapped back.

“Stop fighting!” I shouted, grasping Jared’s hand even tighter. Other than the scream and whimpers coming from my mouth, the car was silent the rest of the way to the hospital.

At the speed Jared was driving it only took 10 minutes to arrive at the hospital; but for someone writhing in agony it felt much longer. Embry opened my door and began lifting me out; Jared wanted to protest but backed down when I glared at him.

“My wife is going into labor we need a doctor now.” Jared panicked as we approached the reception desk.

The lady behind the desk turned around annoyed. “Yeah, so do the rest of the people in here. Fill out these papers and we’ll get to you as soon as we can.” She replied handing Jared a clipboard.

The room was filled with my screams from both pain and frustration. Jared looked at me with sad eyes, than turned back to the woman. He broke the clipboard in half and threw it over his shoulder. “GET ME A FUCKING DOCTOR!” He slammed his fists down on the counter cracking the top of it. The ladies jaw dropped in complete shock at Jared’s strength.

“THE BABIES COMING NOW!” I screamed, bringing the lady back to reality. I clung to Embry, my nails dug into his neck until the receptionist finally came out from behind the desk to grab me a wheelchair.

Jared wheeled me down the long hallway to the room I’d be. “Sir, are you the father?” I heard a nurse ask.

“No, I’m…. I’m family.” Embry answered, from somewhere behind us.

“Ok, well right now only the father is allowed in the room. I’m going to have to ask you to go back out to the waiting room.” The nurse replied.

As we entered the room I was quickly stripped of my clothes, the hospital gown was their replacement. Jared effortlessly lifted and placed me on the bed. The nurses immediately began hooking me up to the monitors and putting the IV’s in me.

The doctor rushed in moments later. He gave me a forced smile; he knew the seriousness of the situation but wanted to do the best he could to reassure me everything would be ok. “Looks like the baby wanted to arrive a little sooner than expected, huh? How are you doing Kim?” He asked while lifting up the gown so he could fully examine the situation.

“HOW THE FUCK DOES IT LOOK LIKE I’M DOING!” I growled.

Jared placed a hand to my face and began to push back my hair soothingly, but I was too agitated to enjoy his touch. “DON’T TOUCH ME!” I shouted as I glared at Jared. He slowly backed away from me.

Noticing the distance between us I shouted, “WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU GOING? YOU DID THIS TO ME! GET BACK OVER HERE.” Jared hesitantly and cautiously moved closer to my bedside. I grabbed his hand a squeezed as I screamed out in agony.

The doctor chuckled as he glanced up at Jared and whispered, “Welcome to fatherhood.”

Returning his attention back to his work he began discussing the situation with the nurse. “I can see the head……….” His voice drifted off as another surge of pain washed through my body.

“Ok Kim, I need you to push.” He asked loud enough to regain my attention.

I gathered all the strength I could and pushed. The pain intensified as it felt like I was being ripped open. I screamed and gripped Jared’s hand even tighter, thank god he was a wolf and could handle the pressure. I think if he were just a normal guy I would have surely broken his hand by now.

“Good, good.” The doctor whispered.

I had a few seconds to rest before the doctor was asking me to push again. I found this time to be much more difficult to comply with his request, I was tired and the pain was almost unbearable.

“You’re doing great Kim. I need you to push one more time for me.” The doctor said glancing up at me.

“I can’t, I’m too tired and it hurts too much.” I cried out.

“Just one more.” The doctor repeated.

“Come on baby, you can do this.” Jared cheered me on.

Easy for him to say, he would never have to go through this kind of pain. I used the anger as strength to give one last push. I screamed out in pain momentarily, and then a sense of relief washed through me. There was still pain, but not nearly as painful as what I’d been going through minutes earlier.

The doctor and nurses began working on the baby while I focused my attention on Jared; he was smiling down at me. “You did amazing sweetheart.”

I smiled back at him, proud of my accomplishment. I wanted to see my baby; I wanted to hold her in my arms and that’s when I noticed the lack of sound in the room. “Why isn’t she crying?” I asked concerned.

Silence

“Why isn’t my baby crying?” I asked again, much louder this time and coming out much more panicked.

Silence

The doctor handed the baby to the nurse who quickly fled from the room. I was immediately alert and full of fear. Something wasn’t right; my baby should have been placed in my arms by now. “WHERE IS SHE TAKING MY BABY!” I shouted. I began trying to prop myself up to get out of the bed.

“Kim I need you to lay back down.” The doctor said gently pushing me back.

I pushed his hands from me and attempted to get out of bed. “Where’s our baby?” I cried out looking up at Jared for answers, as if he would know any more than me.

“Calm down.” The doctor repeated. He called for the assistance of a few nurses to hold me down.
While the nurses fought with me the doctor left and returned with a needle. “WHAT’S WRONG WITH MY BABYGIRL?” I shouted as I watch the doctor inject something into the IV.

The nurses continued to fight with me until a few seconds passed and I began to feel drowsy and weak. Jared’s worried face blurred, until I was immersed in a realm of blackness.