Sequel: My Forever Girl

Lost, Then Found

Ch. Thirty-Four

Jared’s P.O.V.

The disgusting bleach scent coming from the red eyed monsters burned my nostrils. I was exceedingly aggravated and uncomfortable being this close to creatures I was born to kill. Instead of doing just that, I was standing with them, ready to fight alongside them. My blood was boiling; the thunder of growls coming from my brothers let me know I wasn’t alone.

Jacob took his place alongside the Cullen’s, while the rest of us stayed a few feet behind. We watched intensely as an overwhelming amount of red eyes emerged from the darkness of the woods stopping a football field away from us. The looks of concern on the Cullen’s faces lead me to believe they were not expecting this many, which angered me even more.

“There is a lot more of them than there is of us” Seth thought.

“They don’t look like they came to listen”, Leah added to Seth’s thought.

“Bring it; I’m down for killing some leeches today”, Paul growled.

“No one makes a move unless I say so”, Jacob ordered.

It felt like I was being pulled into three places all at once; I was physically here in this clearing, but mentally I was looking after the imprints while still trying to figure out how that scent could be so familiar, but still not being able to place an image as to what or who it belonged to. Truth is it was bugging the fuck out of me. This gut wrenching feeling I was having was like a red flag being shot up letting me know something wasn’t right. The longer this dragged out, the more I wanted to rip Bella and her whole leech family to shreds for bringing this unnecessary danger to my lands.

I tried keeping my focus on what was happening; Bella and Edward escorting their half human half leech child towards whom appeared to be the leader of the Volturi, but at the moment I was a little more honed in on the images I was receiving from the pup that was located near the little cottage that the imprints were in. Quil, Sam, and Leah all released a sigh of relief when Emily pulled up to the cottage with Mika and Claire. I felt a little less nervous knowing that Kim and Naira weren’t all alone, but it wasn’t enough to calm me completely, not with that scent becoming even stronger.

My attention was pulled back by the thunderous crack of marble followed by agonizing screams coming from two blonde hair leeches on our side. Following their hateful gaze I saw a decapitated bloodsucker at the foot of the Volturi.

“What the hell did I miss”?

“Fuck if I know, but it’s one less bloodsucker we have to kill”, Paul smirked.

Seth being the only one able to tolerate these creatures, was quick to fill in the gaps, “Aro is convinced that the Cullen’s have not created an immortal child, as the vampire who lies dead claimed; but never having come across someone like Renesmee, he’s not convinced she won’t pose a risk to their kind”.

“Wait”! We all turned our heads in the direction that the small voice came from. Out of the woods came four more bodies; two of which I recognized as part of the Cullen family. All eyes curiously gazed at the unknown male and female that followed the returned Cullen’s. A majority of the Volturi looked extremely annoyed by the interruption, but Aro hushed them and excitedly waited for the black hair pixie like leech, also known as Alice, to continue.

“Jasper and I have found one last witness that should convince you that Renesmee poses no threat to our kind”.

Alice looked back and smiled confidently at the unknown male, cueing him to step up and introduce himself. The man stepped forward along with the woman, “I am Nahuel, and this is my Aunt Huilen” he spoke cautiously, stepping protectively ahead of the woman. “We have come to testify on the behalf of Renesmee Cullen, for I am certain this child poses no threat to your kind because I am just like her”, the man paused at the sound of a few gasps.

“Fascinating, please, go on”. Aro replied, completely intrigued; his voice sounding light and feathery which only made me want to tear his head off even more.

He proceeded, “when my mother became pregnant with me my father vanished, leaving my aunt to take care of my mother. Unfortunately my human mother had no chance of surviving the birth.
Although I am the cause of her sister’s death, Huilen has raised me as her own”.

“And your father”, Aro questioned.

“My father believes in creating a super race with human/vampire hybrid children. He has sent one of my older half-sisters for me on a couple different occasions, but I do not agree with what he’s attempting to do”.

“There are more of you”, Aro asked, shocked.

“Besides Renesmee and myself there are at least three more out there as of right now. The only ones that I know of are my two older half-sisters Serena and Maysun, and my younger half-sister Jennifer”, he paused before adding, “But please, leave my sisters out of this, I can assure you they have broken no rules”.

My thoughts were pulled in a different direction the moment I heard the whimpers of a wolf that was only present in my thoughts. I was suddenly flooded with the images of Claire and Emily getting into her vehicle and pulling out of the drive, skipping forward to a man standing on the porch as Kim answered the door with fear written all over her face as he pushed past, a man that matched the scent that I smelled around my house. The only view of him I got was the side of his face, but it was enough for me to realize who he was. The last image I received had my heart racing with fear. As I look to the north I saw the black smoke as confirmation to what the pup showed me, the cottage up in flames. The only thing I could see after that was red, the crimson red I’d soon be seeing after tearing Eli apart with my own claws and teeth. Human or not, this mother fucker was dead!

“Go”, Jacob shouted, his voice emanating the rage I was feeling.

Kim’s P.O.V.

A sinister grin snaked across his face, “Kim you look surprised to see me; I thought I made it pretty clear to you we weren’t finished”, Eli replied slyly.

My brain was telling me to slam the door in his face and call the police, but my body was not complying with its request. “How did you find me”?

Eli snaked passed me and entered the living room, “it’s a rather boring story, and I don’t want to put you to sleep with the details”.

“HOW DID YOU FIND ME” I shouted. Not that I even wanted to hear the answer to the question. It didn’t matter to me how he found me because the point was he was here, the question was more of a way to delay the pain I knew he was here to inflict.

Eli chuckled, “No need to throw a tantrum honey, I’ll tell you”, he paused to plop down on the couch and make himself at home. “You had me stumped for a while. I almost thought you fell off the face of the earth, but you fucked up when you contacted Shianne. After Shianne disappeared I figured if I found her I’d find you, and look at that, I was right. Once I got to Forks it was rather simple, people around here sure are friendly” he answered, while getting up to get a better view of the bookcase that shelved my family pictures, both old and recent.

“Cute family you got here. Oh Kim, is this your daughter”? He asked, flashing a wicked smile over his shoulder.

“You need to leave, Jared will be back any minute”… I began to threaten, but he silenced me with his quick motion towards me all before I had the chance to comprehend what was happening. One of his arms circled around my waist pulling me close to him, while he lifted the other and brushed his hand gently across my face. I cringed at his touch which only led him to hold me tighter, “nice try, your little boyfriend won’t be home for a while. Go ahead; ask me how I know that”. When I didn’t answer he frowned, “aw Kim, I really wish you’d make this a little more exciting”, he paused, and then sighed when I still made no attempt to take part in his sick and twisted game. He leaned in so close I could feel his cool breath fan across the skin on my neck, “I know your boyfriends deep dark secret, which is also how I knew he’d be gone today”, he whispered.

I successfully shoved him away from me, “what the FUCK do you want Eli”?

“Isn’t it obvious Kim”, he paused, taking a step closer. “I want you, and if I can’t have that… Well, let’s just say I’m not taking no for an answer” he replied, pinning me against the wall, licking his lips with confidence.

“You still love me Kim”, he whispered as he leaned in closer, attempting to kiss my lips. Turning my head to the side left his lips brushing the side of my face, which only fueled his anger. My shriek was muffled by the sound of the crack that was made in the wall when he slammed me into it.

“SAY IT KIM”, he shouted, holding my arms so tight they started to go numb.

“YOU’RE FUCKING DELUSIONAL”, I shot back, right before spitting in his face in hopes that it’d be enough to get him to let go of the hold he had on me. Miraculously it worked, but not long enough. I just about reached the phone when I was yanked back into his chest by my hair.

“I’m not used to this feisty side of you; it’s kind of turning me on”, he snickered, and then trailed his tongue up the length of my neck until it met my earlobe.

“Fucking Psycho”! I swung a leg back to meet his groin area. I was freed while he was momentarily distracted with clutching himself and gasping for air, “BITCH”, he choked out.

I stumbled around wasting precious time. I had my freedom, but my brain failed to tell me what to do next. My heart beat raced faster each second that ticked by knowing Eli was gaining his strength back; it wasn’t until Naira began screaming that I regained my own. I dashed to the kitchen for a weapon, but was knocked down by the weight of Eli.

“Try pulling something like that again and I’ll kill your fucking daughter right after I’m done with you” he growled between gritted teeth.

The moment his hands wrapped around my neck should have been the moment I felt the weakest, but the words my father said to me in my dream brought me strength, “Kim you are so much stronger than this. You have the blood of a spirit warrior running through your veins. Stop depending on everyone else and toughen up, because soon you will have to be the one to save your family”. I was going to fight, not for myself, but for my daughter and Jared.

Even with the lack of oxygen my body desperately craved, I somehow found the strength and ability to buck my hips, pushing Eli away just enough to allow myself to reach for the knife that had fallen to the floor. I felt this surge of power as I felt the knife within my hand, not hesitating for even a moment before jabbing it into Eli’s side and twisting it around until I felt the warm liquid trickle down my arm.

Eli fell right beside me crying out in pain giving me the chance to get up and race to Naira’s room. I grabbed Mika and Naira and quickly made it outside where I laid Naira’s blanket down along with the two of them on top of it.

Eli’s screams stopped, but I knew better than to think it was going to be that easy to be rid of him. I don’t know if it was remembering all the pain he’d ever caused me, but something took over inside me; leading me right back up those stairs and into the house, but not before grabbing a few extra materials from the shed.

I quickly began spilling the contents of the gas can all around the house until I caught view of Eli sitting up against the wall holding his wound. His head slowly turned to me when he realized I’d returned. He watched with a smile on his face as I dumped what was left of the fuel on to him.
I stood in the doorway with the box full of matches ready to light it right when Eli began laughing hysterically, “I bet you think you won huh? Wait ‘til you see what I have planned for you”.

“Go to hell”!

“I’ll see you there”, he shot back; blowing a kiss just before I flung the flame towards him.

My knees hit the earth hard as I crashed right beside the screaming babies. It didn’t take long for the whole cottage to catch fire. What I’d just done didn’t really hit me until now, as I stared into the flames, hypnotized by the destruction caused from just one little match. The guilt started seeping in; I’d just killed someone.

“Where is he Kim”, Jared came running out of the woods, Embry following close behind. I couldn’t find any words, so I pointed.

“Shhh.. It’s ok baby, everything is going to be ok”, he whispered as he rocked me in his arms.

*******************************6 Years Later*******************************

Life returned to normal or somewhat normal after that day. I had Jared and I had my beautiful daughter Naira, and we were finally safe, from Eli at least. My last name being Black had its benefits; the police did not question what I’d told them as far as the cause of the fire. There was no investigation done, so nothing was ever found of Eli, if there would have even been anything left. The only ones who knew my dark little secret was the pack, but I was sure it died six years ago.

“Mommy, mommy, look at the pretty picture I made”, Naira shouted, running down the hall with a piece of paper flailing in her little hand.

“Let mommy look at that while you go get your backpack for school”.

I held the picture in my trembling hands as my heart hammered in my chest. The first thing I noticed was a square with a triangle on top of it representing a house, with orange and yellow scribbles shooting out of it. There was a stick figure person lying down inside the square of the house, surrounded in scribbles of red. Outside the house were two little stick figures laying on a blanket right next to a bigger stick figure.

I couldn’t look at it anymore; it was clear what the scene was. I tried calming my unsteady breaths as Naira came trotting back into the room, “mommy are you ok”?

“Naira what is this”, I asked.

“My picture, do you like it”, she clapped excitedly.

“Why did you draw this Naira”? The tone in my voice scared away her smile.

“My friend told me to”, she pouted.

“What friend honey? Who told you to draw this”?

“My friend Eli”.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whooooaaaa???!!! Hope you all liked it... But wait, there's more.... There is a sequel to this story that I'm currently working on, it's called "My Forever Girl". I should be adding it to this site shortly.