Gallant

Chapter 3- An Icy Encounter

The best way to spot the strangest people is always on public buses. It irks me, pokes at, stabs me right in the gut when a passenger is speaking loudly with the driver. You try hard to tune them out but always give up and leave yourself to listen. If it was another Ellie, one that was more assertive than I, that Ellie would have grabbed him and threw him out the door. It was only me too, on that dirty bus, and once again I wished I had a car.

The man that was speaking had on a filthy raincoat despite the intense heat outside. His small frame was hidden beneath the coat, that seemed more like a tent than clothing. His wiry beard jutted out, his face was gaunt, his eyes a piercing blue. Overall, he wasn't very pleasing to look at, maybe if he knew something about hygiene he wouldn't be, but I guess some people prefer to still believe that soap is just a myth.

For a moment he stopped speaking and looked around him. His eyes took on all the space before him, analyzing it, observing, until they landed on me.

He captivated me, he kept me entranced, paralyzed by his stare, as I dumbfounded let him search my mind. It seemed that way because I felt the heat rise to my cheeks, it was uncomfortable. I was aware of that feeling. Having my mind probed for answers. When he was done, he released me from his hold and I began to gasp for air, trying to take in as much as possible. A sly smile decorated his lips, he stood up and the driver stopped the bus. He got out and as the bus went by I looked out. He was standing still, smiling my way and even when the bus was to far to be seen I could still feel his heavy stare.

I don't think it was the AC of the bus that made me feel so cold. I looked down at my hands they were shaking, my whole body was shaking. The tips of my fingers had a bluish tint and strands of my hair had ice clinging to them. I let out a big gust of air, forcing myself to relax even though I could see my own breath. 'Relax, Ellie'.

What had just happened is beyond me, but I knew that once I got home I would take a long hot shower and I would furiously scrub my whole body, I felt so unclean. I felt used and discarded, but most of all I felt alone. The woman driving the bust was whistling happily, unaware that she still had a passenger. I wrapped my arms around myself aiming to create my own warmth.

'Who was he? And, most importantly, what did he find?', I pondered.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter sucks. I'm being blunt and there's nothing more to it, it sucks!

Ewwww! Nasty chapter! Maybe later I'll change it. Change it's nastiness. Yea...Well, anyways tell me what you think, k'ays?

Is Ellie to mean to in this chapter? I don't know...Maybe it's just me...