‹ Prequel: Return to Monsters Inc
Status: Slow updating

Closet Doors

Chapter 1

Mary's POV

I stared at the my doctor in shock.

"You can't be serious..." I said.

He sighed and nodded, running a hand through his thinning hair.

"I'm sorry, Mary. It's true. The tests turned out positive. Would you like me to tell your parents?" he asked.

I bit my lip and nodded. He smiled softly and ruffled my hair.

"Don't worry, kid. It'll be okay." he said.

I winced as my insides twisted when he called me 'kid'. I nodded and tried to smile back. He stood and walked out of the room to get my parents. Dr. Martin was our family doctor. He was nice and has known me since I was a baby. I just hope he's right about this.

Since I've been back, they've been babying me. Just like they did when I came back the first time. It bugged me but I put up with it. They think I ran away because they've neglected me. I've let them believe it because I didn't want to try to explain it to them. It might have worked when I was three but I highly doubt it'll work this time.

I sigh and look down at my stomach. I pat it softly.

"Well... This is going to be interesting for the both of us..." I say softly.

Dr. Martin walks in and asks my parents to take a seat. The paper crinkles as my mom sits next to me on the little bed type thing, wrapping an arm around me. She smiles softly and I smile weakly back. My dad sits in the chair next to us.

"Alright, Jim." My dad says. "How is she? Is she going to be okay?"
"Mark... Lily...." Dr. Martin starts. "...I've reviewed the tests and... Mary is pregnant."

My mother tenses next to me and my father jumps out of his chair.

"WHAT?!" my father yells.
"Mark, please." Dr. Martin says, hurrying to the door and shutting it.
"There's NO WAY she could be PREGNANT!!!"
"That's the only explanation. The tests-"
"Well, your tests are WRONG!" my dad fumes. "Look over them again!"
"Mark, calm down." my doctor says, handing him a folder. "here."

He snatches them out of his hand and looks them over. His piercing eyes land on me. I avoid his gaze.

"Mary." he demands. "Is this TRUE?!"

I stare at the tiles, not speaking.

"She can't be...." My mother whispers. "I mean, it's not possible! Unless...."

She looks at me. I keep my gaze where it is. Knowing what she's going to say.

"You're not a...." my mother pauses. "Are you? You're not a virgin anymore."

She spits out that last sentence. I wince. The one thing my mother cared about was purity until marriage and I just crossed the only line they've ever drawn for me. Tears blur my vision and I tense, wanting nothing more then to be alone. She grabs my shoulders and faces me towards her.

"Look at me!" she growls. "Are you a whore?!"

I shook my head, looking pleadingly at Dr. Martin. His face is full of regret and sorrow. This isn't how he thought it would go. Hell, I didn't think they'd react like this either. He pulls me out of my mom's grip.

"Lily, Mark, I need you both to calm down. This is your daughter we are talking about. " he says. "You can't treat he-"
"YOU!" my mother screams. "You did this to her! Didn't you?!"

Dr. Martin pales and looks at me. Well, shit. We defiantly didn't see that one coming...

"n-No! Come on, Lily! You aren't thinking straight!" he pleads.

My mom snatches my wrist and carts me out of the room screaming obscenities at him. I mouth 'I'm sorry' to him before my dad slams the door behind us. They drag me to the car and peel out of the parking lot. The car ride was spent in an eerie, fuming silence and I was scared for my life.

We got home and I retreated to my room. I collapsed on my bed and stared at my wall, too numb to feel anything.

Glancing at my clock a little while later told me I had been staring at nothing for about two hours. I decided to get something to eat. I quietly opened my bedroom door and listened. I didn't hear anything so I crept to the kitchen. I slowly opened the fridge.

"Mary." my mother said.

I winced and turned around to see them both standing behind me. She motioned for me to sit at the table. I sat. My mom sat in a chair in front of me, hands folded on the dining table in front of her while my dad paced behind her. We sat in silence until my dad whirled and faced me, stopping his pacing.

"Pregnant, Mary?! PREGNANT?!"

I winced but nodded. He resumed his pacing, rubbing his face with his open palms.

"How?" my mom asked.

I couldn't look at her. She looked too helpless, too broken.

"I-"
"We know HOW, Lily. The real question is WHO." he said, running his hands through his hair.
"..."

They both looked at me expectantly.

"Who is it, Mary?" My mom asked.

I stayed silent and looked at the wood grain of the table top. My dad slammed his hands on the table, making both my mom and I jump.

"DAMMIT, MARY, WHO?!"

I wince and shake my head. My dad scoffs and rubs his eyes with his palms, standing up straight.

"Alright, Mary." my dad says, taking his hands away and placing them on the table again. "Here's the deal: you tell us who it is, or you're moving out."

My mom gasps and my mouth drops open.

"Mark!" my mom gapes.
"Shut up, Lily." he growls. "This is your one chance, Mary. Tell us."

I stare into my father's eyes and I know he's not bluffing. I shake my head as tears blur my vision again.

"Alright..." he sighs, standing. "You have two days to get your shit and get out."

He walks away, my mom on his heels.

END
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY sequel! :D For my Return to Monsters Inc fans!!! :D hope you like!

Comments and suggestions appreciated!!! Criticism welcomed!! :)