Status: Comment, Recommend, Subscribe!

Rush

Are you stalking me?

I sat tapping my foot along with the show music. I was actually kind of pissed at first when Reagan told me about the tickets, but now that we're actually here and enjoying ourselves....I just couldn't believe it.

Reagan was bright and smiling next to me--obviously. I think deep down she had a passion for this kind of stuff. She'd definitely prefer a life on the stage over this one any day; but not me. Call me crazy but this was exciting and different, every new town, every new life is always surprising. It's such a rush.

There was an intermission and Reagan turned toward me smiling from ear to ear, "Oh my god! Aren't you loving this? I'm loving this so much!!"

I couldn't help but to laugh a little, "Yeah it's great. I'm really glad you're having so much fun. I'm-um...I'm sorry for flipping out and going into psycho bitch mode earlier. Sometimes I just forget it's okay to relax and take a break."

She smiled sweetly at me placing a hand on my lap, "It's alright. I'm sorry too, I was just so excited about finally being here. And I do know why we're here, trust me, you never let me forget." She rolled her eyes at the last part.

"It's only my job as your big sister! Now, I'm gonna go get some drinks so I can make it through the other half of this production." I winked playfully.

I got up and made my way to the bar waiting behind the large crowd of people. "Fancy seeing you here, Ms. Fox" a deep voice behind me called.

I immediately changed my entire demeanor; posture straight and powerful, chest out, my lips forming a perfect sexy pout. Ah yes, now I could turn on my Spencer Fox charm. I turned meeting the eyes of the one and only Sinclair.

"Are you stalking me, Charles?" His first name rolling off of the tip of my tongue like melting ice. I looked up at him as innocently as possible noticing when he seemed taken back by the use of his first name.

"Are we now on a first name basis? I must not have gotten the memo from my new personal secretary." He smirked at me before looking around and placing a hand on my waist.

"New secretary, huh? And what exactly does this title entail, Mr. Sinclair?" I purred stepping a bit closer to him. I felt a bit risky now, being out in public and all with his wife in the same building.

"We'll talk contracts over lunch. Sound good?" He smiled, the corner of his eyes creasing. I nodded briefly and turned toward the bar.

"Two Chardonnays, please." I batted my lashes at the bartender reaching in my clutch and pulling out my ID. I felt a hand press to the small of my back, "and a Red Lotus on the rocks."

Sinclair pushed his card toward the bartender before I could even reach for my money. Whatever, works for me. If getting it in with the man in charge meant never having to pay for a drink, the I could definitely get used to it. I sent him an approving smirk as I pulled back my ID.

"Two Chardonnays?" He rest his arm on the countertop beside me.

"One for my..." Shit. I hadn't thought of a cover for Reagan.
Could I tell him that she was my sister? No. I didn't want to risk anything by that. "My roommate, Hazel. She's a real doll." I smiled.

"Well if she's anything like you, then I wouldn't doubt that for a second." He smiled.

I had to admit that Sinclair's character was one that I'd already grown quite surprised to experience. I've never dealt with a man in charge so it was refreshing to say the least. He is undoubtedly charming, but incredibly piggish. It was almost disgusting how easily manipulated this "man of power" could be under the touch of a woman. And he has a wife! Gah! Right now though, I'm not sure who's worse: Him for giving another woman the attention his wife probably deserves, or me for being the other woman. Regardless, I know what has to be done and I really don't have time to be sitting around questioning my morals, or lack there of.

The bartender set the drinks out, the condensation quickly sliding down onto the counter. I picked up both of my glasses and clinked one with Sinclair's before taking a sip. "I'll see you around, Charles." I winked turning to head off when I felt him reach out and swat my behind....for the second time today, ugh this man is shameless.

I caught sight of his satisfied smirk as I turned to head back to my seat.

➢➢➢

After the show had ended and most of the people began exiting the auditorium, I found Reagan and myself standing outside without any sort of idea on what it is we are going to do next.

"The night is still pretty young, we can literally do anything." I motioned up to the blinking signs and flashing lights surrounding us.

"I don't really care what we do but I don't want to go back to that god-awful motel." She shuddered at the thought.

I noticed Sinclair walk out with his arm wrapped around his wife. She was actually a beautiful woman with shiny blonde hair and a slim short figure. She looked to be one of those women who found every possible opportunity to boast about her wealth. I could tell by the way she held her nose all too high in the air, the way she looked at some people as if the stench of poverty reeked from them, and of course the mocking smirk permanently painted on her features that showed she was spoiled far beyond her own need.

"Why do you keep staring at them?" Reagan asked, turning her head in their direction.

"Can you say gold digger?" I laughed pointing toward Sinclair and his wife.

"Do you think they're actually in love?" She asked after looking at them for a moment.

I cocked my head to the side, "I highly doubt it. She's probably just in it for the perks."

"And the son? You can't honestly believe she would have a child with him 'just for the perks'" Reagan rolled her eyes.

"Why don't you try to get it in with him?" I smirked. This could actually be one of the better ideas ive ever thought of, Reagan can get through his son while I spend all of my time on Sinclair.

"Hell no."

"But--"

"Jamie. No. I won't do it." She muttered firmly.

"C'mon Reagan, it could work!" I prompted, hoping she would at least think about it.

"He's a complete asshole! Seriously! As if throwing my drink on him tonight wasn't enough proof? God, I don't know what you're thinking!" She huffed.

"Okay cool, I'm gonna go introduce you!" I smiled making my way over to the family.

"Hello Sinclair, fancy seeing you here" I greeted him with a sly smile knowing that this wasn't the first occurrence of the night where we've bumped into eachother.

"Ms. Fox, what a pleasure," he cleared his throat sounding completely business like. "Honey, this is Spencer Fox my new assistant."

The blonde scowled looking me up and down, "What happened to Janine, darling?"

Sinclair grinned sheepishly, "she wasn't bringing much to the business anymore."

I nearly scoffed. You mean I was a much better play toy than the worn out woman before me.

"What a pleasure to meet you Ms. Fox." She plastered a fake smile onto her older face.

"The pleasure is entirely mine, Mrs. Sinclair. And might I just add that you look fabulous tonight. Are those custom Louboutin's you're wearing?" I smiled back to her.

This time, and actual smile crossed her features. Bingo. The way to any superficial woman's heart? Comment on her shoes.

"Oh yes, darling! I see you have an eye for fashion!..." She babbled on about the connections she had and how she got this custom pair.

Shit, woman, they're just shoes.

I smiled appreciatively at every irritating boast that flew from her mouth.

"Enough honey, enough enough. Ms Fox doesn't want to hear about your entire closet." Sinclair shushed her. He turned to his side where a younger looking man stood. "This is my son Gabe."

He stood scrutinizing my appearance before reaching for my hand, "nice to meet you." He said.

I nodded simply in return. There was no use in trying to charm him, that was Reagan's job. Oh shit, Reagan!

"Oh! That reminds me Id like to introduce you all to Hazel." I quickly walked back over to the spot where Reagan stood grabbing her lightly and dragging her back with me.

"This is Hazel Grace, my...roommate." I smiled at Reagan who simply scowled back at me.

"It's quite uncanny how similar the two of you look!" Mrs Sinclair gasped.

"We get that a lot, but um, no we're just roommates. We actually just moved to New York together. We were hoping to have a night on the town." Reagan smiled.

"Wait, aren't you that bitch who threw wine all over me?" Gabe stepped closer to Reagan, eyeing her warily.

"No," she snapped quickly rolling her eyes "but perhaps you could avoid situations like that in the future by being more respectful towards women."

"Exactly, Gabe. Your disrespect has been through the roof lately!" Mrs Sinclair scolded at him.

"Whatever, Mom. He spat stepping back to his place.
Awkward. There were some serious family tensions going on here.

Sinclair cleared his throat, "The both of you are welcome to join us at dinner tonight, then back at the estate for drinks."

"That sounds lovely, thank you Mr. Sinclair." I smiled.

Who said I couldn't have a bit of fun on this night out?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Sorry for the lack of progressive updates, madi's been away and i've been busy! But I figure i'll post a short one now and maybe another one later :)

Today's m birthday! So what better way to celebrate than to lock myself in my room and write! haha, But enough of my babbling...I'll be back later<3
Lexi (Shipwrecked-)