Status: Comment, Recommend, Subscribe!

Rush

Will That Be All... Boss?

Chapter 8.

Reagan’s POV

I wasn’t sure if I was going to like the idea of working in an office. It was something I’ve never done. The building was in the middle of the Upper East Side of New York where all the big shots resided. I couldn’t fuck up this time. I had to stay on my guard but at the same time be very professional.

Gabe worked on the fifteenth floor of the office building. I knew that Jamie was in this building, too. But I assumed they were on the very top floor since Sinclair owned this entire building. You would think that Gabe would be higher up in the business but he’s only the manager of international affairs. So he deals with speaking to people in different countries, trying to make deals with them and buying their businesses. I wasn’t sure what kind of business they were into, all I knew was that it made them a ton of money.

“This is your desk,” Gabe pointed at the long brown desk that sat directly in front of an office. “And that is my office. You don’t really need to do much either. It’s not as hectic as Spencer’s assisting job is. You’ll mainly just answer calls then transfer them to me. Schedule my appointments with clients and all of my meetings. When I’m hungry, you can go get me some food. When I’m tired, you can go downstairs and across the street to that Starbucks over there and get me a cup of coffee.”

I could tell the arrogant side of him really shined at work. “Will that be all… boss?” I tried to contain my sarcasm.

“Oh, I love the sound of someone calling me their boss,” he started moving towards his office. “I’ll let you know when I get tired or hungry, Hazel.” He winked at me and then shut the door.

I rolled my eyes and sat down in the rolling desk chair. I started fiddling around with the papers on the desk checking to see what they all said. They were all number. All numbers I did not understand.

“Ahem,” I heard a small voice standing above me. I looked up and saw a tall blonde women in a tight black dress. She did not look like she had anything to do with foreign affairs. “I’m Mr. Sinclair’s eleven o’clock.”

“Are you?” I raised my eyebrow looking around the desk trying to find a calendar of some sort but there was none. “Are you sure you’re not looking for Charles Sinclair?”

She chuckled to herself. “No. Gabe Sinclair. If you don’t mind me asking, who are you?”

I stood up to her level and reached out my hand. “Hazel Grace. Gabe’s new assistant.”
Shaking my hand, she said, “I see. I am-”

“Clara!” Gabe opened the door behind us. “Boy, am I glad to see you. It’s been a long weekend.”

‘Clara’ turned her snotty face back to me with a selfish smile. Then she walked into the office without even looking at Gabe. I watched the way Gabe held the door open for her and watched carefully entering his office. He scanned her body like any man would do. He smiled to himself and began to shut the door. But before he did, he made eye contact with me. Of course, he winked yet again and shut the door.

What a pig. I wasn’t stupid. Of course I knew what he was doing with this Clara woman. But who was she? Was she his girlfriend? How could he flirt with me and then have a girlfriend? He couldn’t possibly be seeing anyone. He wasn’t that type. Or was he? Has he had a girlfriend this entire time? Maybe he does. I mean, I still don’t know much about him. What did I expect though? He comes from a dad that is a two-timer. Of course Gabe is going to follow in his father’s footsteps.

~~3:00~~

"Excuse me, Miss."

I looked up and made eye contact with a very beautiful Latino woman. She had dark brown hair with light highlights in it wrapped around her face and a tight red dress on. She was absolutely gorgeous for her age. She must have been in her 40s.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

"I have an appointment with Mr. Sinclair right now to speak about," she smirked to herself, "Foreign affairs."

I tried hard to hide my anger. I stood up from my desk and went to go open the door to Gabe's office. He was sitting in his chair with his legs propped up on top of the desk. "Yes, my wonderful and beautiful secretary?"

"You have another visitor." I rolled my eyes and moved so Ms. 'Foreign Affairs' could walk through the door.

"Ah, Mrs. Flores, my three o'clock! You're looking flawless, as always." As I shut the door, I noticed him beginning to wrap his arms around her waist. "Disgusting."

~~5:00~~

Here I was again opening the door for yet another woman. This time, she looked like she was a prostitute. Was he really gonna stoop this low? I've never been so disgusted with a man before.

I couldn't stand the sound of listening to this one. This lady was loud and I could tell she was into very strange things. Gabe was lucky his office was all the way at the end of the hall. But I was the one stuck here being forced to listening to it.

~~7:00~~

I had my head placed in my hands, completely exhausted from this long day. After this day, I couldn't imagine what the rest would be like. I had to listen to him screw women for ten hours. What kind of day at work is that? I can't do this anymore. I'm going to go insane.

"Hello! I'm Sherry!" I heard a perky voice and let go of my hands from my face. I looked up and saw two blonde women looking at me with bright smiles on their faces.

I shook my head and stood up ferociously. "Oh no. No! No! No! Go away! You are not going to be seeing Mr. Sinclair tonight. Go!"

"Who are you?" The other girl said in a Californian accent.

"Who cares who I am. GO AWAY!" They didn't even look back. They just ran down the hall as if they were scared for their life. I was so done. It was time that Gabe and I left.

I stormed into his office and I saw him sitting on the couch in his office. He wasn't even wearing his suit anymore. He was wearing a white shirt that he wore underneath his dress shirt and his black pants that went with his suit. He looked so casual - like he wasn't even one of the managers of a big corporation.

"Uh, hello," he stood up awkwardly as I slammed the door behind me.

"Don't hello me. How can you do that?" I shouted.

"Do what?"

"Seriously? You have got to be the most disgusting person I have ever met. How many women was that today? Three? Almost five?! Until I sent them away." I rolled my eyes.

"Wait, you sent them away? Why did you do that?" He walked up to me standing only a few feet away.

"Because, Gabe, I listened to you fuck three women today. And quite frankly, I'm disgusted."

"Well I'm sorry, I like to have a little fun, okay? So what if I like to have sex? Everyone does! Hell, I bet if you could, you would do the same, too." He pointed at me.

I stared at him with wide eyes and began to feel very uncomfortable. I fixed my skirt and top to hide it from being more revealing. "Don't point this back at me. This is all on you, Gabe."

He stepped closer to me making me feel more uncomfortable. "Are you jealous, Miss Grace?" I tried to walk back more not wanting to be close to a pig like him. But I ran out of room and my back hit the wall. His arms were surrounding me and his face was only inches from mine.

"I wasn't jealous," my breath grew shorter and I started shaking. He was so close to me and his blue eyes were staring right into mine. I wanted so badly to run my hands through his soft brown hair and for his warm and soft lips to touch mine.

"Are you sure about that?" His head moved forward towards me. I almost thought he would kiss me but before he did, he moved his head to the right and pressed his cheek against mine. "I think you jealous." When he spoke, I could feel his warm breath against my ear and the vibration of his voice upon his lip on my skin. I almost didn't notice his hand reached up my skirt, slowly but surely. He wasn't going to try anything, I knew that, but boy was he teasing me.

But I couldn't give in to it. As much as I wanted to, I just couldn't. "Oh god," I whispered as he kissed my temple softly. "You're so much like your father."

How could I have just said that? Why do I have the tendency to speak my thoughts even when I shouldn't?

"Excuse me?" Gabe stepped back and I knew I completely ruined it.

"I don't know why I said that," I shook my head.

"What do you mean by that? I'm just like my dad? Hazel, what does that mean?" He was getting angrier. If there was anything Gabe hated, it was being compared to his father.

"I don't know!" It was all I could say.

"Are you saying my dad is having an affair with my mom?" I shrugged. "Multiple affairs?"

"I don't know."

"Yes, Hazel, you do know. Stop telling me you don't! I need you to tell me the truth."

"Okay," I sighed still leaning against the wall. "You're father may or may not be sleeping with someone who is not your mother." Gabe was quiet. He silently walked over to the couch and sat down. He was in deep thought but he wasn't saying anything. I walked over and sat down next to him. "Gabe?" I asked. He didn't even look at me. "Are you going to say anything?" No response. "Look I'm really sorry. I didn't want to be the one who told you but it slipped from my mouth and I shouldn't have said anything. I'm sorry."

"Bastard." He mumbled.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"That BASTARD!" He kicked the coffee table in front of us turning it on its side. I wasn't sure whether to be afraid or not. "I knew it, too. That selfish asshole. I don't even see that man as my father anymore. He's just some man that I work for. God, I hate him so much."

"I didn't mean to compare you to him." I looked down at my feet.

"No you're right. I'm just like him. I can't believe it," he chuckled in disbelief.

I stood up from the couch. "I'm sorry, Gabe. But you're not exactly like that. Sure, you like to have 'fun' but you're much more than that."

He turned towards me this time, "Oh yeah?" He asked and stepped closer. "How?"

I began walking towards him as well. "You have a goal. You seem to know what you want and you are going to do whatever you can to get it. You're an asshole... Sometimes. But then, you can actually be very sweet. You never really know what side of Gabe you are going to get. And I kind of like that." I smiled to reassure him. By the time I finished it was right in front of him.

"Tell me more about how great I am," he chuckled and I giggled along playfully hitting him. "So, I guess that means you kind of like me, huh?"

"Um, what?" I stopped giggling and looked straight at him completely confused.

"Oh, Hazel, just admit it. You like me," he smirk devilishly.

"That is not what I said. Besides, why would I like you anyway?" I shook my head and began walking backwards toward the couch. Gabe followed and he was standing so dangerously close to me.

"Oh then what was with all that 'I kind of like that' stuff, huh?" His eyes brightened, "I bet you've been interested in me ever since you spilled that glass of wine on my shirt."

"Don't come any closer!" I pointed at him, standing at my ground.

"Or else what?" He grinned and stepped one more.

I stepped again, "Or I will kick you... Really hard."

He chuckled, "You're funny, Hazel. I like that." He stepped forward again.

"You what?" When I stepped back, it was if I forgot the coffee table was still there tilted on its side. So I fell back onto the couch taking Gabe down along with me. We both chuckled at how clumsy I was. I almost completely ignored that I was on top of Gabe's perfect body. When we were finally quiet, I brokethe silence. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Mmm, depends on the question." He chuckled.

"Do you like me?" I felt like I was in high school asking my crush if he liked me. It felt so childish and dumb. But I got such a thrill from it.

He looked me in the eye and pushed the hair in face behind my ear. "Maybe I do. Maybe I don't." He smirked playfully. I felt him rubbing his thumb along my cheekbone and his other hand was on my waist. "But I will tell you, that I'm really glad you spilled that wine on my shirt."

I chuckled and knelt my head down on his chest. Then I looked back at him. "I am, too." It was almost the perfect moment. His hand that was grazing my face began to pull my head towards his. He wanted to kiss me! My heart began racing thinking of how this could be the moment. I could feel his hot breath on my lips and just as the tip of our lips touched, the door opened.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" I heard a mild giggle from behind us. I knew that giggle voice and apparently, so did Gabe. We both sat up sitting a few feet apart on the couch and my eyes came up to meet Jamie's devilish smirk.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is the next chapter! Chapter 8 should come back very soon!! Let us know your thoughts and if you like it, recommend it to your friends!