Status: This is my first story and I hope you all like it. Thanks to all who read this, I appreciate it.

Back Where It All Began

The First Touch...

I am awoken to my mother's filthy, tear-stained face and smoke filling my bedroom at an alarmingly fast rate. "Rouge, ROUGE!!!!! Wake up!"
"Yes Mom? What is the matter?"

My Mother took my black bag and put in it the necessary materials for a long road trip with the acceptation of clothes, save for one dress. "Mom what is going on? You're scaring me!"

"You need to get out, the kingdom is in danger. You and and your siblings are the last of our race, and our only hope." My mother pulled me out of bed into some clothes and pulls me to the secret exit behind the thrones.

" Go! Run!" And I ran as fast as my legs could carry me. I met my siblings outside and did a quick headcount. 1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, ... where's Burn? I voiced my concern and was answered with an "I'm here." From Burn. I turn around for one last glance, then run faster than I've ever run in my life. My last glance was of my parents dying and my home burning to the ground.

When I finally stopped to rest I found I left everyone in the dust. I looked in front of me and saw the dreaded black river. I want to see what it feels like; why people are afraid of this water. I thought to myself. As I stepped into the water I felt darkness fill my heart, but the good dominated all the evil and kept it in check. When I stepped out of the water I didn't look different, but I felt new, and I felt whole.

I felt that now I finally knew what to do, that may just include killing. I feel as though I've been Touched by Darkness ...
♠ ♠ ♠
My very first chapter. I'm excited to see how you all like it. It's a little out there but, I hope you like it. Please comment. Thank you.