Status: First upload! Sorry if the spacing is weird!

The Being and the Other

Long ago, before the worls was created, there was one being who existed in darkness.

This being was not like you or I for it had powers beyond our comprehension. It merely had to speak a command and the universe would bow to it’s whim. The being was the only existing thing in the universe and often found itself to be lonely.

After thinking it over for quite some time, it decided to create companions for itself. Rather than command the universe to create something, it decided to do the task itself. The being spoke, and suddenly there were pinpoints of light everywhere. Each light differed from another. Some were big and blinding in light while others were small and dim, but each pin point represented a characteristic and physical feature. The being took points of light and smashed them together to create one long bright strip. Like a potter would with clay, It molded each strip of light into something amazing. The basic structure was a body and wings, but everything else about these new beings differed, much like with humans. When it was satisfied, it decided to name the new beings Angles. The lights the being didn’t use remained to shine in the void darkness, providing light. To the Angles, the being was simply known as It.

Among the Angles there was one that was mischievous had powers that were superior to all of the others. The Angle’s name was Abidian, which means my father is judge. A lot of the time Abidian would use his powers to play pranks on the others of his kind often taking things too far. However when answering to his actions he would simply say, “It blessed me with great powers, why not use them?”

Soon the other Angles became enraged and called a counsel with It. Every Angle except Abidian was present in the crowd.

“Why have you blessed Abidian with greater powers than us when he constantly abuses them?” Some demanded.

“Never mind that, he’s abused them enough they need to be taken away!” Said Achidian, whose name means my brother is judged. “You must take action It! Have you not said that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one?”
Everyone except It and one other shouted in agreement.

“My brothers and sisters we must wait! Should we try to talk to him first before Abidian is stripped of his powers?” Said the one other who stayed silent the one named Adalia, whose name means noble one.

“No!” The other Angles shouted.

“Has he not been aware of the consequences of his choices? Has he been conscious of his actions? Did he continue this behavior?” Achidian said heatedly as he approached Adalia.

“Yes.” She replied after a moment of pause.

“Then he should suffer the consequences!” Achidian said fueling the crowd’s anger.

“Suffer the consequences! Suffer the consequences!” The chorus chimed.

“SILENTS!” It bellowed and in an instant all was silent. “You do not know what you ask when you say to take his powers away. To do such a thing would mean a greater consequence than you think.”

“It, was it not you who says, ‘The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.’ As I stated earlier?” Achidian continued.

“Yes it was I.” It replied.

“Then act like it has meaning!” He snapped.

“Act like it!” The chorus rang.

At that moment It retreated from the meeting to collect it’s thoughts on the subject. On one hand Abidian had done wrong on multiple occasions and was aware of his wrong doing. However on the other hand Abidian was his creation. How could he destroy something that he had loved despite the fact that he did wrong? Or something he had created with his own hands? After pondering it for a long time, It came to a conclusion and walked back to the crowd. Upon It’s return there were murmurs among the mob.

“You are right,” It announced to the crowd, “Abidian must suffer the consequences of his actions.”

There was a loud cheer. “However,” It continued, “I cannot guarantee that I can take his powers.”

“WHAT?” The crowd roared.

“Abidian is your brother. He has free will just like all of you. If he wished, he could put up a fight.” After It finished the crowd departed in an angry mood.
It took a deep breath and went to go find Abidian.

Not much time passed before It spotted him as he was the only confused face in a sea of angry Angles. Abidian spotted It at the same moment and approached It. It took him to the side of the crowd so they could not be heard.

“Why does everyone seem to come from one direction?” He inquired.

“There was a counsel.”

“I was not invited! This is an outrage!” He replied angrily.

“The counsel was about you. I have decided to take away your powers.”

“I mean… What?”
It nodded to confirm what it had just said.

“How could you do this to me? You were the one who granted me these powers!” Abidian yelled as tears poured from his eyes.

It said nothing.

Abidian struck It out of blind rage. While trying to move out of the way It was hit hard enough to bleed. Rather than blood however, It poured out large, brown, solid clumps that were pliable. They floated in the vast space that was filled with pin points of light. As hard as he tried to hurt the being, It just kept healing. Abidian’s tears mixed with the floating brown chunks as he kept striking and It continued to dodge. This went on for hours before Abidian came to his senses.
“If you wish harm upon me then you are my enemy!” Yelled Abidian as the Angles gathered around to look at what had happened. “From this day forward I swear that I will destroy whatever It cherishes!”

With that Abidian flew off into the distance eventually making a home for himself on the opposite side of where his brothers and sisters lived. Taking a look at what was left from the fight; It gathered all of the clumps together to make a sphere. It called the new creation Earth. Since Earth had been created from the blood of It and the tears of Abidian, the giant sphere was mainly covered in water, but Earth also had solid brown material under the water. A giant green mass had formed in the middle of Earth as well. Seeing that It had made a new creation, Abidian struck it causing it to quake and for the green mass to break up. He continued to strike whenever he felt angry at It for giving him the powers he possessed, believing that It had cursed him from the beginning. For that reason a long time would pass before It would do anything with Earth. From then on Abidian was known as “The Other” because he opposed It.

If there is any wisdom to be gained from this story it is this: Be careful what you do with your power for you may not be as lucky as Abidian and get to keep them. For the source that gave them to you can just as easily take them away.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry if the spacing is weird! This is my first upload to the site and I'm getting used to the format. Yes, I did make a Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn reference, but I felt that by It having said the phrase displayed that It is a just being. As an author who seeks to grow, I welcome your feedback so please, don't hesitate to comment! No flames please!