Thoughts

A lot of feelings all at once

Have you ever stood in the rain and walked around as your feet disrupt the puddles covering the asphalt? Have you ever listened to the way the rain sploshes onto hard surfaces before coalescing into larger drops? Have you ever noticed how a torrential downpour gives you the clearest train of thought though it blurs your vision?

And have you ever stopped to listen to the ambient noise; to take in all the turbulent stillness? Have you ever listened to the lyrics of a song at 2 in the morning? Have you ever cried for no reason or for all the wrong reasons? Have you ever held in tears when you needed to weep, and felt your heart ache as you choked?

Have you ever noticed how people interact and how they affect one another? Have you ever been filled with an overwhelming joy at the company of the ones you love? Have you ever felt so empty and alone when they are absent; what are left are your loud thoughts?

Have you ever woken up in a daze, upset that your dreams are not reality? Have you ever escaped reality by ingesting books upon end?

Now, do you ever notice how lovely life is; how each and every day, you see something new, even if it is the amount of leaves on the ground? Do you ever think about how nature is equivalent to a great artists’ composition? Have you ever looked at how a setting sun envelopes the environment in shades of purple and pink? Have you ever noticed how unique everyone is, and how no one goes through life unscathed? It is important to remain grounded and to remember to listen to nature’s album and watch its main act. One day, you will leave this masterpiece behind; so, you must try to listen and look at what you are surrounded by.